Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"Prepare for the liberal media meltdown of the year."

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited August 2022 in Tug Tavern
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ron-desantis-to-make-major-announcement/ar-AA10h6DE

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is planning to make a "major" announcement on Thursday morning.

His press secretary, Christina Pushaw, shared the news in a tweet Wednesday evening that also said: "Prepare for the liberal media meltdown of the year."

She added: "Everyone get some rest tonight."

Just what DeSantis will announce was not immediately clear, but Pushaw said in a follow-up tweet that the "surprise" announcement is not about anything campaign related, but rather "official business."

DeSantis is running for reelection as governor in Florida, and is often talked about as a top contender if he should run for president in 2024. However, as it is months before the 2022 midterms, announcing a campaign for the White House at this juncture would be unlikely.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022

This isn't it but the Death Star strikes back

https://newsmax.com/politics/desantis-florida-cdc/2022/08/03/id/1081655/

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis hit back at those he says are stoking fear of monkeypox on Wednesday, telling reporters that he refuses to treat the outbreak the way the COVID-19 pandemic has been.

"I am so sick of politicians, and we saw this with COVID, trying to sow fear into the population," the Republican governor said at a press briefing. "We had people calling, mothers worried about whether their kids could catch it at schools."

"We are not doing fear," he continued. "And we are not going to go out and try to rile people up and try to act like people can't live their lives as they've been normally doing because of something."

DeSantis also aimed at blue states that have floated new restrictions over the outbreak. Last week, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul declared a state of emergency in New York, followed by Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker and California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday.

"You see some of these states declaring states of emergency. They're going to abuse those emergency powers to restrict your freedom. I guarantee you that's what will happen," he claimed.

The Throbber is prepared for the monkeypox.

If these keep bad stuff from going out, most certainly they will stop bad stuff from getting in.

How they are going to check compliance at Costco, I have no fucking clue.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Pretty cold blooded to fire a guy in a press conference. Soros backed turd is probably at work and an underling comes in to report that he is no longer the boss because Ron the Nazi just fired you at a press conference. Fucking baller ass shit.

Positive evidence that he could take a machete to federal departments
    I have a boner for DeathSantis.
    hardhat has curated some art for you.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Don't think the dementia patient makes it to the debates and if he does he won't show up. He will demand an "impartial" moderator - like Candy Crowley or Chrissie Wallace - and if he doesn't get it he will use that as a reason not to show up.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Pretty cold blooded to fire a guy in a press conference. Soros backed turd is probably at work and an underling comes in to report that he is no longer the boss because Ron the Nazi just fired you at a press conference. Fucking baller ass shit.

I'm sure multiple officials simultaneously surrounded him, cut off his computer access, and gave him the Walk of Shame
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657

From the people who are saving democracy by keeping J6 protestors jailed

Disobeying laws is now brave
    When I was about 23 on my first *real* job, I took a 'stand'.

I didn't work there very much longer thereafter. The career opportunities suddenly evaporated.

Adults with high paying jobs and pensions don't take 'stands'.

That's as stupid as bringing drugs into a foreign country.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club