Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gee..I wonder why?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-08-01/cities-face-crisis-as-fewer-kids-enroll-schools-shrink?_amp=true

"Chalmers lost almost a third of its enrollment during the pandemic, shrinking to 215 students. In Chicago, COVID-19 worsened declines that preceded the virus: Predominantly Black neighborhoods like Chalmers’ North Lawndale, long plagued by disinvestment, have seen an exodus of families over the last decade."

It's a crisis! JFC these fucks are stupid.

And why do they need the money if they have less kids to teach?

Comments

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I almost shed a tear over this sad situation. Then I realized that the same people pissing and moaning were all in on sitting on their fat asses at home. Safe.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-08-01/cities-face-crisis-as-fewer-kids-enroll-schools-shrink?_amp=true

"Chalmers lost almost a third of its enrollment during the pandemic, shrinking to 215 students. In Chicago, COVID-19 worsened declines that preceded the virus: Predominantly Black neighborhoods like Chalmers’ North Lawndale, long plagued by disinvestment, have seen an exodus of families over the last decade."

It's a crisis! JFC these fucks are stupid.

And why do they need the money if they have less kids to teach?

You don’t understand. It’s impossible to operate a school designed for more students. Doors are hard to close and hallways can not be shuttered.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

They are convinced that if they just enact even stricter covid rules in schools people will feel "safe" enough to return.

Hearing these convos first hand from teachers in California.

Do you politely, or rather unpolitely, explain they aren't smart enough to be teaching children and should LEAVE! ?

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The more I hear this shit the easier I think life really is.

Don't be a loser

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

They are convinced that if they just enact even stricter covid rules in schools people will feel "safe" enough to return.

Do you politely, or rather unpolitely, explain they aren't smart enough to be teaching children and should LEAVE! ?

Personally I hope they continue to impose lunatic levels of "public safety" protocols and destroy public education as an edifice.

Don't stop your enemies when they're about to burn their own house down.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

pawz said:

Personally I hope they continue to impose lunatic levels of "public safety" protocols and destroy public education as an edifice.

Is it bad that I want the majority of teaches to lose their jobs and be forced into the private sector?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Putting up a women's prison style security fence around the local k-5 after it being literally an open field for 70 years.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

Putting up a women's prison style security fence around the local k-5 after it being literally an open field for 70 years.
    You need a staging area for the non compliant before you put them on the trains to the re-education camps.

pawz said:

Is it bad that I want the majority of teaches to lose their jobs and be forced into the private sector?
    Those Starbuck's barista openings are NOT going to fill themselves.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

pawz said:

Those Starbuck's barista openings are NOT going to fill themselves.
    You have to show up to get paid at Starbuck's. That's a non-starter for a pro-union teacher.