Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Legend Sells The Couch

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited July 2022 in Payton's Place

RIP. Winners win

Comments

• TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sports icon. From many accounts, not super warm and friendly.

My kid played basketball with his grand daughter and he never showed up to a single game. I thought that was bush league whatever the explanation (I'll be a distraction; I'm estranged from my daughter; I'm busy). I thought it was shitty. If I'm alive and my grandkids are doing things, I'm going to be there.

My kid played basketball with his grand daughter and he never showed up to a single game. I thought that was bush league whatever the explanation (I'll be a distraction; I'm estranged from my daughter; I'm busy). I thought it was shitty. If I'm alive and my grandkids are doing things, I'm going to be there.

Hot Mercer Island hot talk?!!
    Plus, I wanted to ask for his autograph so he could yell at me ... or something.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Abeulo @creepycoug no es pendejo

Abeulo @creepycoug no es pendejo
    Su familia es todo que importa hombre. Y los Huracanes tambien.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Make center great again!
    And we know Race brb'd when watching Star Trek episodes that had a lot Uhura. I remember the episode of she and Kirk almost getting in on carrying some controversy back in the day.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    About 15 years ago I was beating balls on the range at Jefferson Park. I'm dialed in, and a guy comes up to the stall next to me, drops his bag. I look up, and he says, "Hi, I'm Bill, what's your name?". I about shit myself, then proceeded to hit the next 3-4 off the hosel...csb

Edit: He may have been an ass, but he was an ass with 11 rings. I was not a Celtics fan at all, but but he re-defined how the game was played, especially the bigs...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When the Sonics hired Russell as coach and then signed Spencer Haywood I thought they were finally a NBA team

In a round about way that led to Lenny and the title
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    NBA TV is showing a bunch of Russell/Celtics stuff this week.

Watched 1969 Game 7 vs. the Lakers last night. Damn, Jerry West was a bad bad man. Wilt pussed out. Those teams got up and down the floor fast. Clanked a lot of shots but it was fun watching old school fast break ball. No instant replays.

Chris Schenkel on the call.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Fishpo31 said:

About 15 years ago I was beating balls on the range at Jefferson Park. I'm dialed in, and a guy comes up to the stall next to me, drops his bag. I look up, and he says, "Hi, I'm Bill, what's your name?". I about shit myself, then proceeded to hit the next 3-4 off the hosel...csb

Edit: He may have been an ass, but he was an ass with 11 rings. I was not a Celtics fan at all, but but he re-defined how the game was played, especially the bigs...

I had a similar experience. I said, "Hi." He stuck out his hand, " Bill." Couldn't have been nicer. Shot the shit for 15 minutes. Genuine. I liked him.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    As far as Russell being surly, from what I have read and seen about him, he took a lot of shit for a long time, throughout his life, and career. Boston was racist as fuck then (still is, sounds like), and that has got to have an effect on a person, and their outlook.

An older friend who was in pro baseball in the late 60's-mid-70's told me that blacks and hispanics rarely associated with whites then (he is of Japanese descent, and he took shit as well, on and off the field). A lot of it, was trust, and what they had gone through to get there. They knew that if they spoke up, responded or retaliated, they would be gone...much like what Jackie Robinson was told.

I've been around some "famous" people, and most of them have their guard up at all times, until they see that you don't want anything from them, like a selfie or autograph.

Not trying to "Take it to the Tug(?)", just what I've heard...