Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Utah is going to massively underwhelm this year

Comments

• TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah is like the Seahawks. Their roster looks kinda shitty but they’re usually there at the end with a chance to do something you didn’t think they could. Yeah, there are seasons this doesn’t line up, like last year, but the Utes are tuff. Not Pat Hill tuff, but it takes more than a few body blows to beat them.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Utah is like the Seahawks. Their roster looks kinda shitty but they’re usually there at the end with a chance to do something you didn’t think they could. Yeah, there are seasons this doesn’t line up, like last year, but the Utes are tuff. Not Pat Hill tuff, but it takes more than a few body blows to beat them.

Whittingham needs to give Helton half his salary or more.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

They got hot at the end of last year and they give off a vibe of a little mountain west team that can't handle the pressure of being a defending champion.

They butt fucked O twice in 2 weeks. I wouldn't bet against Whittingham. Guy is a winner and always exceeds expectations.
    He got punked by Washington and Oregon over and over before last year. Couldn't really beat SC either.
    And yet 'we"? Have lost to Oregon repeatedly outside a couple years with Pete and Whittingham and his 2 stars took them to the wood shed twice in 2 weeks.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The PAC is pretty bad. Anyone with a decent roster and a few things that go their way can win it.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yoot always starts out like shit. So Florida wins that one. However, they have all of the pieces to run train on the PAC 12.

Even without an 8th year exception for Covey.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kaepsknee said:

Yoot always starts out like shit. So Florida wins that one. However, they have all of the pieces to run train on the PAC 12.

Wasn't impressed with Florida last year. Doubt their offense will do much against Ute defense.

Will be low scoring, but I see Utah winning 20-13.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Utah is going to suck next year" reads like the kind of football anal-isis I used to barf onto the board back when UW was "leveling up" and Oregon "wouldn't do shit" with Herbert and Meat and their soft, pussy recruits. Predicting the happening of simply what you want to happen can tend to be pretty embarrassing in hindsight.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Utah is going to suck next year" reads like the kind of football anal-isis I used to barf onto the board back when UW was "leveling up" and Oregon "wouldn't do shit" with Herbert and Meat and their soft, pussy recruits. Predicting the happening of simply what you want to happen can tend to be pretty embarrassing in hindsight.

Heres an example: "The Mariners added up to 80 home runs, with Winker likely to hit .300/.400/.600..." Chuck, paraphrased, circa whenever it was that Seattle made that trade.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Kaepsknee said:

Yoots end up fine because they actually run a real football program. Spoiler alert...you're supposed to get better the more you play
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022

Sucking off Utah reads like the kind of football anal-isis where you tailgated with their mw fans and have all this weird respect for a team that has gotten dumped on their faces for years, outside of last year where everyone's coming off of COVID and they still lost to SDSU, BYU, and Beavlet.

They got hot. It happens. It's the Pac 12. Fuck off.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Sucking off Utah reads like the kind of football anal-isis where you tailgated with their mw fans and have all this weird respect for a team that has gotten dumped on their faces for years, outside of last year where everyone's coming off of COVID and they still lost to SDSU, BYU, and Beavlet.

Go back to Dawgman.

Doog.

You think.

I laughed.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

Go back to Dawgman.

Doog.

You think.

I laughed.
    Never been there. Sorry.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

@89ute! True??

Poor haie, bullied as a teen and has never gotten over it. Utah will be fine like many have mentioned in this thread.

I am however, very butt hurt over Race's take. I thought he'd come around at least a little Utah's way. Not happening. Long live the Pac-8!
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah is exactly the kind of team that could underwhelm. They're not world beaters, but look at the rest of the Pac-12. Everyone else sucks. Utah at least has something and a proven coach/staff.

Super embarrassing for the conference I could legit see them losing at Florida and then running through the Pac-12.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Utah is always the same team to me. The variance comes down to their offense, specifically the passing game. If they have one and can convert 3rd downs then they're tough. If not then Jake Browning can beat them while running backwards and lobbing easy tosses to the DL.

I expect they'll be a 9 win team.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,452
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Utah is always the same team to me. The variance comes down to their offense, specifically the passing game. If they have one and can convert 3rd downs then they're tough. If not then Jake Browning can beat them while running backwards and lobbing easy tosses to the DL.

I expect they'll be a 9 win team.

Should expect a similar performance 2022. Everyone returns from offense except Covey. Plus Kuithe > Covey.