Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m really hoping that sticking with Huff was for his P5 recruiting chops and because of Grubb being a longtime line coach. Grubb as OC, running KDBs offense and Huff as OL coach running and teaching Grubbs techniques and schemes. Each coach with limited real world experience/success and each with a successful mentor to lean on if things go sideways. Fingers crossed.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

A lot of guys that when you read their names and the reports on them, seem like good players. Jimmy Lake supposedly thought our OL was a strength.

I think the talent is there, but Huff is a bad OL coach. He is getting another chance, but we have to make a change if they aren’t good. I think we already should have.

They should've made a change. No doubt about it. I'm dooging that, by some miracle, it was all Pete's and Lake's schemes holding him back and he'll be born again competent this year.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,390
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I heard someone on the radio a few weeks ago saying that the o-line was bad more due to the offensive schemes under Jimmy than whatever Huff did, and that Deboer would've fired Huff if he thought he sucked. Sounds like maximum dooging to me.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard someone on the radio a few weeks ago saying that the o-line was bad more due to the offensive schemes under Jimmy than whatever Huff did, and that Deboer would've fired Huff if he thought he sucked. Sounds like maximum dooging to me.

Naw. OL having 2-3 foot splits against Montana like they're the 1988 SF 49ers is a OC/HC decision.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    All Jimmy did was watch NFL film and implemented Tecmo Bowl playbook. Reasoning was he had a group of NFL sized lineman and a simple playbook executed to perfection would be unstoppable. He was 81 plays away from lining up and running counter after counter with a draw thrown in for good measure and a smug grin as he was beating Bama in the playoffs....
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dannarc said:

All Jimmy did was watch NFL film and implemented Tecmo Bowl playbook. Reasoning was he had a group of NFL sized lineman and a simple playbook executed to perfection would be unstoppable. He was 81 plays away from lining up and running counter after counter with a draw thrown in for good measure and a smug grin as he was beating Bama in the playoffs....

Jimmy played with two down lineman and five DB’s at all times, so his dumbass thought the Stanford offense was what works best and was toughest to defend.

Two TE’s and running power works when the TE’s are Dissly and Sample. Both of those guys are great blockers and are two of the best blocking TE’s in the NFL. Even with those two, our offense wasn’t great.

Otton had a reputation for being a good blocker but he never was. Hunter Bryant couldn’t block for shit. I doubt Culp or any of the others are anything special as blockers.
    Pete’s offense was shitty but at least he spread the field a little bit.

The number of plays JohnDon ran with all 11 on one side of the field, or in tight formations with 10 guys between the hashes was ridiculous. They were basically just playing in a phone booth.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dannarc said:

Jimmy played with two down lineman and five DB’s at all times, so his dumbass thought the Stanford offense was what works best and was toughest to defend.

Two TE’s and running power works when the TE’s are Dissly and Sample. Both of those guys are great blockers and are two of the best blocking TE’s in the NFL. Even with those two, our offense wasn’t great.

Otton had a reputation for being a good blocker but he never was. Hunter Bryant couldn’t block for shit. I doubt Culp or any of the others are anything special as blockers.

The number of plays JohnDon ran with all 11 on one side of the field, or in tight formations with 10 guys between the hashes was ridiculous. They were basically just playing in a phone booth.
    There's a reason no one wanted to be Lake's OC. Everyone thought his offense was fucking stupid and refused the job.

Lake had to ask our GA working with the TE to find the Assistant RB coach at Jacksonville. JonDon took the job for $850k because why the fuck not, his career was over. And the GA was promoted to TE coach because, again, no one respected Lake.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

The best formation was with Dissly and Sample, Gaskin/Coleman at RB and Ross and Pettis at WR. It's called 12. We could run on everyone but Bama and Ross and Pettis were both very good college WR's. Ross was amazing in 2016.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

The best formation was with Dissly and Sample, Gaskin/Coleman at RB and Ross and Pettis at WR. It's called 12. We could run on everyone but Bama and Ross and Pettis were both very good college WR's. Ross was amazing in 2016.
    The offense still stunk at times, especially once Browning went full on sock mode starting with USC
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

Chinned for Tecmo Bowl playbook.

• trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2022

dannarc said:

There's a reason no one wanted to be Lake's OC. Everyone thought his offense was fucking stupid and refused the job.

Lake had to ask our GA working with the TE to find the Assistant RB coach at Jacksonville. JonDon took the job for $850k because why the fuck not, his career was over. And the GA was promoted to TE coach because, again, no one respected Lake.
    Forget about the defending Northern Division Champs in 2020?

Plenty of Dooging on this Board before 2021 season in case you forgot.

Some of y’all have the attention span and memories of gnats.

The “Dark Duckade” after the 2002 loss at Autzen Stadium. LOL

Good one, Race. Sun Bowl W (2007); Holiday Bowl W (2008); 2 RBs (2010; 2012 win); played in one BCS Championship Game (2011)

9-1 against the “Mighty Malamutes”.

How did the MMs do during the “Dark Duckade”?
    edited August 2022
    Must not leave out the Ducks 65-38 thrashing of OSEwe at Corvallis in 2008 that knocked the Beavs out of their opportunity to play in the Rose Bowl for the first time since 1965 (1964 season).

Lots of roses were discarded in the stadium and all over the field after the whuppin’.

Beavs have appeared in 3 Rose Bowls in their football history. Record: 0-3.

“Dark Duckade” indeed . . .
    haie said:

Naw. OL having 2-3 foot splits against Montana like they're the 1988 SF 49ers is a OC/HC decision.
    You were so wasted, you didn’t even see the game.

Fucking Montana man . . . You don’t understand. Losing to Montana at Husky Stadium.

Isn’t that the game your dad said he’d never go to another game with you because of your embarrassing behavior at the game?
    Fuck Off, Fatters.

People gonna say stupid crap, they’re gonna get called on it.

9-1 vs. Warshington is not a “dark Duckade”.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Fuck Off, Fatters.

People gonna say stupid crap, they’re gonna get called on it.

9-1 vs. Warshington is not a “dark Duckade”.

Quad post.

Its impressive that to this day you really don't get anything that gets posted here.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

haie said:

You were so wasted, you didn’t even see the game.

Fucking Montana man . . . You don’t understand. Losing to Montana at Husky Stadium.

Isn’t that the game your dad said he’d never go to another game with you because of your embarrassing behavior at the game?
    Naw, I remember that game clearly.

I do understand losing to Montana at home, obviously. Hence my post about how bad of a coach you have to be to run that scheme where big sky guys can shoot through gaps like that.

Yes, that is that game my dad said he wouldn't go to them with me anymore.

You can now take your face out of my asshole.