Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The 10th Anniversary Fundraiser is now underway!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
"You really can’t get entertainment this good anywhere else. It’s like living in a trailer park that includes a bar and a strip club." - StLouisDawg (May 2019)

"I like this place. You guys are like a slightly angrier version of Surlyhorns.com with more PTSD." - Mitch_Cumsteen (Texas fan from Surlyhorns.com)

Hardcore Husky celebrates its 10th anniversary this November. Hard to believe it has lasted this long.

Before I launch into this year's sales pitch, I'll make some announcements. Our podcast continues to gain in popularity, as we've done 13 episodes in 2022, despite not much going on with UW Football until lately with all the conference talk. We're enjoying the pod and will continue to do so as we head into the season.

Secondly, the Blue Oyster has been carrying Hardcore Husky in 2022 with its traffic numbers outperforming even our main football board. That has more to do with what has happened to UW football, but that's another story. Anyway, the Blue Oyster is now returning to its former name The Tug Tavern. Its new tagline: "If the boys wanna fight, you'd better let 'em!"

We will be hosting a 10th anniversary get together. We're renting out part of the The Cut Shop in Woodinville. It will take place on Thursday November 3rd, two days prior to the Washington-Oregon State game. Below are some pics of the Cut Shop. The third photo shows part of the area we will be renting. To the right of the photo is a giant wall, whereupon a past Husky game will be playing silently for some football ambiance. I still haven't decided whether to go with something classic like the '92 Rose Bowl or maybe something more recent like Gaskin running all over the Cougs in the snow in 2018. Anyway, we have time to figure that out.

Swaye and I have been talking in recent weeks and we weren't sure what kind of response the fundraiser would get this year. Following last year's 4-8 season, interest in UW football has diminished and we've seen it with our message board traffic falling to 2015 levels (instead of the explosive growth we experienced leading right up to Covid). But as I type these words on a Sunday evening, the fundraiser hasn't even started yet and 11 people have already sent in money, including three Ducks and a Cuog. I'm real pleased and encouraged by the continued support.

Now, let's take a look at this year's SWAG. We have four levels of donating.

Founder's Club $200
Swaye's Wigwam $129
Butler Cabin $80
Standard Supporter $25

Swaye's Wigwam members will receive a large fridge magnet with one of Pup's famous quotes. Founder's Club members will receive the magnet plus a limited edition pilsner glass, both of which are shown below.

Swaye's Wigwam used to be more about boobs and guns, but it has also become a place where articles from The Athletic are broken down and dissected, via our subscription. There is also an occasional Mike Vorel article broken down too. So if you're asking yourself if the $129 for the Wam is worth it, you would already be spending $96 a year on The Athletic. So that's some food for thought. Plus, there are still plenty of boobs!

How you can support Hardcore Husky:

Standard Supporter $25
Butler Cabin $80
Swaye's Wigwam $129
Founder's Club $200

To send money via PayPal:
www.paypal.com/paypalme/hardcorehusky

To send money via Venmo:
Venmo: @derek-johnson-67

If you wish to donate by cash or check, you can mail your payment to:

Derek Johnson (Pay to the order of Derek Johnson)
PO Box 1211
Woodinville, WA 98072

Thank you, your support is appreciated!

Derek

Comments

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I have no idea why you want to go back to the tug name when the blue oyster has all time popularity plus cache... there is not a better name for the level of discord and lathering taking place in that dungeon of sleaze.. i suggest polling about the subject prior to a name change... JMO, and i do not have a dawg in the fight, i don't even go there, just interested in the quality and entertainment value of the site
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club

I have no idea why you want to go back to the tug name when the blue oyster has all time popularity plus cache... there is not a better name for the level of discord and lathering taking place in that dungeon of sleaze.. i suggest polling about the subject prior to a name change... JMO, and i do not have a dawg in the fight, i don't even go there, just interested in the quality and entertainment value of the site

When I auctioned off the naming rights last year it was always my intention to return to "The Tug" on Aug 1st. But I have no issue with running a poll, and if people prefer Blue Oyster that's totally fine with me.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

When I auctioned off the naming rights last year it was always my intention to return to "The Tug" on Aug 1st. But I have no issue with running a poll, and if people prefer Blue Oyster that's totally fine with me.
    Slogan of the Tug is priceless. If anyone is to rename it I’d like to request Dino’s Bar & Grill
    Founders Club
    I’ll donate more if someone can figure out why I donated the amount I did. (Should not be that difficult.)
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Fuck Me. Now I have to come up with another $50.81 in THIS economy.

I was told it was booming
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I like seeing democracy in action but if it isn't the Tug I'm burning this place down like a wagon on it's way to Oregon.
    #metoo
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm intrigued by the Wams football hot talk. Do people actually get into breaking football down more?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I'm intrigued by the Wams football hot talk. Do people actually get into breaking football down more?

It's more that the conversation is centered around articles from The Athletic. But it's not like you get more intense or involved Xs and Os talk
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I need that damn pilsner glass.

Might I suggest this one for the future.

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

You've been on this board long enough to post over 1500 tims and you still trust anyone here to have a competent football take? Time to PM @IrishDawg22 and get your reads down.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

Canadawg said:

You've been on this board long enough to post over 1500 tims and you still trust anyone here to have a competent football take? Time to PM @IrishDawg22 and get your reads down.
    New tagline: HCH – insightful shitposting