Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Preseason Pod from Paradise

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited July 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
(We recorded in-person. The sound was really good except that @WoolleyDoog's mic was coming in a bit low for some reason.)

The boys record their first in-person pod along the shores of a shimmering lake. Beers were pounded, hands were measured, and a good time was had by all. The first 31 minutes were cut from this podcast as the boys were all over the place. But then they got down to talking Karen Ramming, Pac-12 Media Day, Washington's possible move to the Big 10 and the gleeful anticipation of a Brock Huard cryptic tweet. Shout outs included @haie, @SpoonieLuv, @theknowledge, @bananasnblondes, @whatshouldicareabout, @Canadawg and @theLSkid.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Preseason-Pod-from-Paradise-e1lss7j

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recruiting has been great, Cohen blew off media day entirely, the UW B1G rumors are plentiful, and Deboer is saying shit like

“We’re in a unique position, a special position, because of our program and the history, tradition, where we live and the academic piece. In the end, I’m confident we’ll end up in a good spot.”

Woof.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,393
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Best or worst pod ever? No in between.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    We did a pod last night?
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Still no shout out love for @PurpleBaze and his massive dong.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    Founders Club

If you weren't a Wam member I would tell you we had a huge thread in the Wam about it. Alas...
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yes, I will complain about the free beer, only to say the pod was too short!
  • SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145
    Loved the shoutout to old Grover Haener
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    My apple cup experience was different. A coworker who is a Texas grad wanted to go to see how great [pathetic] the Pac 12 rivalries are and already said he wanted to leave at half time and go bar hopping.

By the time we had prefunked at a few Ave places he already hated the cuougs. 'Can't hold their alcohol' was his biggest complaint.

Cuogs in my section weren't trying to fight but generally acted like they've won some kind of string of games against UW. Cuogs are just losers in general. Average in every way which is why they hate UW.

We were walking through the concourse on the way out and he was calling them all white trash and blowing cigarette smoke in their faces while the pussy staff was telling him he needed to put his mask back on. And put out his cig. While we were like 10 feet from the exit.
    Founders Club
    doogville said:

Ask Stalin maybe for the first half of it as a download. We’re drunk, there’s some interruptions and my ADD takes over big time. I’ll take full responsibility for it being cut in half
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

Ask Stalin maybe for the first half of it as a download. We’re drunk, there’s some interruptions and my ADD takes over big time. I’ll take full responsibility for it being cut in half
    I will also non angrily ask for the uncut version.
    Founders Club
    haie said:

doogville said:

Angry, non angry, whatever
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

doogville said:

You guys are good people. If I see you this year beers on me. Probably not going to many games because of a 2 year old and 7 month old though.
    Founders Club

Baze is truly a good sport. People post images attributable to him like Saudi princes showering money onto hookers, ISIS terrorists making bombastic threats, Sikh restaurant owners, none of it having anything to do with Iranians, but he takes it in stride and in good humor and doesn't throw a hissy fit. A tip of the Pahlavi to you my friend
    Founders Club

doogville said:

The interruptions were kind of funny, like Joey's kids bursting into the room and his wife frantically trying to wave them out of the room while we kept blathering on. His young daughter was standing there staring at my computer and seemed mesmerized by witnessing us podcasting.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

doogville said:

You guys are good people. If I see you this year beers on me. Probably not going to many games because of a 2 year old and 7 month old though.
    Suddenly @haie is the arbitrar of goodness and decency
    We can laugh together at losing to beavlet 2 years in a row.

Seriously though that better not fucking happen or else get Wilcox or someone else in here.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    Getting kicked out of the Horseshoe vs. getting arrested at Husky Stadium:

I've told this story here before, but part of my Husky loyalty comes from coming of age as a football fan in the late eighties/early nineties, a time when the Huskies were dominating, but the rest of my loyalty stems from some pretty amazing work that UW Medicine did to keep my mom alive a bit longer. Must have been 1990 or 1991, she's recovering from some record setting miracle brain surgery, recovery room looking right down onto the field. We were Island County hick poors, so a visit to the city was a rare event, let alone being that close to such an iconic stadium (I didn't attend my first game until I was an adult and took my dad for his birthday). While my mom was sleeping, we decided to walk down to the stadium and see it up close. To our surprise, the gate was open a bit, so we just walked right in!

Not only did we not get arrested, but my dad watched all four of us run rampant through the stadium for at least a half hour. We ran all the way up and down the bleachers, tried clearing the hurdles that were set up on the track, and pretended to run routes on the field. There was a super jacked player doing field work at the time, and he didn't seem to mind that we were there, either.

Maybe things would be different now. Who knows.

Edit: @JoeEDangerously, which refinery did your dad work at?
    Founders Club

Getting kicked out of the Horseshoe vs. getting arrested at Husky Stadium:

I've told this story here before, but part of my Husky loyalty comes from coming of age as a football fan in the late eighties/early nineties, a time when the Huskies were dominating, but the rest of my loyalty stems from some pretty amazing work that UW Medicine did to keep my mom alive a bit longer. Must have been 1990 or 1991, she's recovering from some record setting miracle brain surgery, recovery room looking right down onto the field. We were Island County hick poors, so a visit to the city was a rare event, let alone being that close to such an iconic stadium (I didn't attend my first game until I was an adult and took my dad for his birthday). While my mom was sleeping, we decided to walk down to the stadium and see it up close. To our surprise, the gate was open a bit, so we just walked right in!

Not only did we not get arrested, but my dad watched all four of us run rampant through the stadium for at least a half hour. We ran all the way up and down the bleachers, tried clearing the hurdles that were set up on the track, and pretended to run routes on the field. There was a super jacked player doing field work at the time, and he didn't seem to mind that we were there, either.

Maybe things would be different now. Who knows.

Edit: @JoeEDangerously, which refinery did your dad work at?

String?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL, It’s true that the performance of the fucking Huskies dictates my self worth whilst stacking cans week to week during the season. The off season is just numb. Football season is when I feel again. Sad but true.