Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Big if true

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,450
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

AOG said:

So Utah, ASU, Arizona to the Big12.
    USC, UCLA, Wash, Ore, Cal and Stanford to the Big 10
    WSU and OSU to the Mountain West
    Colorado to that conference that Central WASH just joined

which we? are projected a solid #3 to finish in

Western Oregon? lol.

Fuck off.
    this from a guy who went to UW-Ferndale or whatever?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

Very academically prowess intro Q and A with the Stanford AD holding his hand. Made it seem like at least UW, Cal etc is just going to suck their cardinal dicks and do whatever they do. Which isn't surprising.

Everybody wants to be Stanford. Everybody.

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,450
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

It would be funny if the B1G said fuck it to UCLA and took SC and UW

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

It's in your head. She likes other dudes. Accept it.

Brand, brand, brand, brand. So tired of talking about brand.

It's because the real division is Fox-ESPN
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Very academically prowess intro Q and A with the Stanford AD holding his hand. Made it seem like at least UW, Cal etc is just going to suck their cardinal dicks and do whatever they do. Which isn't surprising.

It's just weird since they aren't supposed to give a shit, or something.

But that gave the appearance that they are the alpha in this league now and calling the shots. Only like Oregon, Arizona, Utah won't suck them off at this point.
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

But that gave the appearance that they are the alpha in this league now and calling the shots. Only like Oregon, Arizona, Utah won't suck them off at this point.
    Well, in terms of general "name recognition" and respeck, while USC is clearly the west coast school everyone associates with prestigious fb history, in every other respect "Stanford" has the most powerful one-word name brand recognition. It's become equivalent to "Harvard". It is a synonym for excellence and the concept of being "best". You almost assume their water tastes better than ours, even though, in our? case at least, it does not.

Plus, they have a sneaky solid football history and are good in many other sports.

The Furd is just hard to beat. And they know it too. You literally never hear a real Furd person arguing their case about anything. They just smirk and let other people do that.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Well, in terms of general "name recognition" and respeck, while USC is clearly the west coast school everyone associates with prestigious fb history, in every other respect "Stanford" has the most powerful one-word name brand recognition. It's become equivalent to "Harvard". It is a synonym for excellence and the concept of being "best". You almost assume their water tastes better than ours, even though, in our? case at least, it does not.

Plus, they have a sneaky solid football history and are good in many other sports.

The Furd is just hard to beat. And they know it too. You literally never hear a real Furd person arguing their case about anything. They just smirk and let other people do that.
    I don't have a problem with it. Their brand is probably better than Harvard's because they don't have the stigma of privilege.

And yeah, they have sucked ass lately but they still somehow manage to ass blast SC, Oregon etc.

When they were on a half a decade ago they commanded a shit ton of national college football respect.

I guess my point is I could really see Oregon going to the B1G and UW staying in the Pac unless Stanford leaves.
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I don't have a problem with it. Their brand is probably better than Harvard's because they don't have the stigma of privilege.

And yeah, they have sucked ass lately but they still somehow manage to ass blast SC, Oregon etc.

When they were on a half a decade ago they commanded a shit ton of national college football respect.

I guess my point is I could really see Oregon going to the B1G and UW staying in the Pac unless Stanford leaves.
    They're going in pairs IMO because I don't think ND is going to pull the trigger. And if it's pairs, UW/Oregon are as likely as any pair to go. As I keep saying, nobody outside of the alumni care about the big game, USC/UCLA is barely a rivalry. UW/UO is the single best rivalry on the west coast, and it's not even close. Both schools get a relatively decent amount of national attention juice because of it.

And, I'll believe it's an academic play when the Big 10 drops Indiana, Michigan State, Rutgers, Iowa, Buck, Maryland and fucking Nebraska. Arguably Penn State. Those are not elite academic schools by any measure. None are in the zip code with Northwestern and Michigan. If we're talking academis prowess, the Big 10 is super top heavy with Wolverine and Wildcat. Some solids after that with Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota and Wisky. And then a bunch of regular state schools.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

#michiganreallyrespectsus
    Survey for UW is kinda pointless if it includes a ton of responses from east of Tejas.

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

Survey for UW is kinda pointless if it includes a ton of responses from east of Tejas.
    East coast bias?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

So I’ve been traveling the west (not California)for a couple of weeks. I’ve seen zero Husky gear. Lots of Michigan. Even a Kansas. Missouri, Illinois, Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, K State, Yale, Penn State,UCLA, SC…. zero UW in over 2 weeks.

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

So I’ve been traveling the west for a couple of weeks. I’ve seen zero Husky gear. Lots of Michigan. Even a Kansas. Missouri, Illinois, Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, K State, Yale,…. zero UW in over 2 weeks.
    K State and Missouri? Does anybody care about those places in real life ... at all?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

Target lock lol
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

So I’ve been traveling the west (not California)for a couple of weeks. I’ve seen zero Husky gear. Lots of Michigan. Even a Kansas. Missouri, Illinois, Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, K State, Yale, Penn State,UCLA, SC…. zero UW in over 2 weeks.
    Outside of Disneyland I never see Oregon gear in the LA/OC area anymore. Maybe a decade ago when they were the new upstarts. NOC now. Shit I see more My-ami shit than that.

Lots of Midwestern Big10 stuff since they all transplant here.

Rarely a TX or OK but nothing else from the "Big12".

The occasional SEC transplant with a flag on their house.

Notre Dame is still everywhere if nothing else than bc of the Irish. There's a ton of "Irish" fans that couldn't tell you a thing about the program for the last 20+ yrs but pop-pop was Irish and rooted for Notre Dame on television so "Go Irish! I even have a tattoo."

Out of the Pac obviously USC everywhere and some UCLA. Arizona but almost never Arizona state for whatever reason. Some Utes but no Buffs. Cal hilariously bc more so they want everyone to know they went to Cal, nothing to do with athletics. Stanford ppl don't do that like @creepycoug says. If someone is wearing Stanford gear it's usually a 17yr old hoping to get in there. UW is occasional and I get "Go Huskies" when I do bother to wear my UW shit pretty often. Even COUG exists on the spectrum here and it's usually someone who is successful enough to say, "yeah i went to wazzu, did blow, and banged coeds for five and a half years then got rich why did you go to some big name school?". Literally nothing from either Oregon schools unless I'm in a touristy area like Hollywood during the months when the pnw has shitty weather aka Oct-June.

The ACC doesn't exist outside of My-ami out here with even Clemson not attracting any bandwagoners.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

This also works as Tiger being Stanford and Daley being the rest

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

Target lock lol
    I'm just playing along. You're not exactly subtle.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

East coast bias?
    Well, who really cares what kids out there know about UW's brand when we don't recruit them? Kinda pointless data.

#BestoftheWest

#MutualRespect

East coast bias?
    Well, who really cares what kids out there know about UW's brand when we don't recruit them? Kinda pointless data.
    I feel like you're missing the point and perhaps mistakenly think I care about that silly list. I posted it with one poster in mind.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Was in Manzanita, OR, for a week recently and saw way more UW gear than Duck gear. Probably just a case of tourists from the north infiltrating the south lands. But still.