Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Banuelos to SC.
    Wagoner to Oklahomo.

Funny how the narrative has been that we can't expect the staff to land the top in state kids because they took over too late in the cycle and haven't established relationships. Presley (Oregon), Wagoner (OU), and Michah (USC) all committed to new coaching staffs. I didn't include Wayne since he did know Cristobal from before.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Banuelos to SC.
    Wagoner to Oklahomo.

Funny how the narrative has been that we can't expect the staff to land the top in state kids because they took over too late in the cycle and haven't established relationships. Presley (Oregon), Wagoner (OU), and Michah (USC) all committed to new coaching staffs. I didn't include Wayne since he did know Cristobal from before.
    Wonder how all 5 NIL programs compare to each other. Like Rashada got $9.5m from Miami. Wonder how much Wayne was offered and how much he accepted.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Banuelos to SC.
    Wagoner to Oklahomo.

Wonder how all 5 NIL programs compare to each other. Like Rashada got $9.5m from Miami. Wonder how much Wayne was offered and how much he accepted.
    I mean Cristobal has his own little prep high school over there in IMG. Wayne and Williams both just happen to transfer across the country to play high school football and both end up at IMG and then Miami?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Banuelos to SC.
    Wagoner to Oklahomo.

It’s a complete BS narrative that exposes all the slurping (Discord) Doogs
    Another “diamond in the rough” lowly rated recruit

Has the size so you never know with the trenches …

Can’t wait to see DeBoer getting crowned for this one
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

When someone actually "crowns" him for anything, including recruiting, you'll have a valid point. You can't seem to tell the difference between assessing a recruit's film and seeing positives, in spite of a low star rating, and "crowning" the coaching staff.

It's not an either/or choice between cliche sarcasm ("another diamond in the rough" or "stole another mtn west recruit") and crowning the coach for getting commits that Oregon or USC didnt offer. There's plenty of ground in between. Realdawg and Dan Raley, and a lot of dm.com posters, have a hard time finding that ground too. They're just coming from the opposite side as you.
    I’m ripping the Discord people that can’t be balanced at all

His measurables say he has a fighting chance

I haven’t watched his film because I typically don’t until they sign

My point is that if you look at the ratings he’s outside the Top 100 and has a circa 85 composite rating

If we’re being honest statistically this is the type of recruit that isn’t successful in a P5 program and usually transfers out to a G5 or eats up a scholarship until he gets his degree

There’s a decent number of players in this class that fall into this bucket …

We’ll know more obviously in a few years

Let’s just be objective about what is transpiring
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

When someone actually "crowns" him for anything, including recruiting, you'll have a valid point. You can't seem to tell the difference between assessing a recruit's film and seeing positives, in spite of a low star rating, and "crowning" the coaching staff.

It's not an either/or choice between cliche sarcasm ("another diamond in the rough" or "stole another mtn west recruit") and crowning the coach for getting commits that Oregon or USC didnt offer. There's plenty of ground in between. Realdawg and Dan Raley, and a lot of dm.com posters, have a hard time finding that ground too. They're just coming from the opposite side as you.

My point is that if you look at the ratings he’s outside the Top 100 and has a circa 85 composite rating

If we’re being honest statistically this is the type of recruit that isn’t successful in a P5 program and usually transfers out to a G5 or eats up a scholarship until he gets his degree

He's getting some low hanging fruit. They could turn out to be Sark-like or Petersen-like. I'd rather see more consensus 4* guys and less low hanging fruit too. I just don't like to comment about individuals until I've at least seen some highlights.

I thunk most here are pretty objective. What I see transoiring is that there is a pretty broad tier of recruit that is simply out of UWs market eight now and it doesn't matter where they're from. The staff is casting a wide net and scouring for the few blue chips out there who will give UW an earnest look. Seems to me they're doing a good job of that. If the big inside LB recruit, Jackson I think, and the safety (Sanford?) commit I'll be fairly impressed with who they've gotten given the handicaps. Still some work to do but this class looks solid for the first full cycle.
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

He's getting some low hanging fruit. They could turn out to be Sark-like or Petersen-like. I'd rather see more consensus 4* guys and less low hanging fruit too. I just don't like to comment about individuals until I've at least seen some highlights.

I thunk most here are pretty objective. What I see transoiring is that there is a pretty broad tier of recruit that is simply out of UWs market eight now and it doesn't matter where they're from. The staff is casting a wide net and scouring for the few blue chips out there who will give UW an earnest look. Seems to me they're doing a good job of that. If the big inside LB recruit, Jackson I think, and the safety (Sanford?) commit I'll be fairly impressed with who they've gotten given the handicaps. Still some work to do but this class looks solid for the first full cycle.
    Seems there's a star OL there in C/O 2025, so maybe there's that, too.

It's like when Pete offered 0* Harris to get 4* Wattenberg.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    2girls1culp > 2girls1applecup
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

To be clear I don’t criticize recruits personally … if you’re getting a UW offer and you know that that could be out punting your coverage so to speak … I don’t blame anybody for taking that offer

I’m critical of taking low hanging fruit for a number of reasons

I agree with the areas that UW has shortfalls … it needs to be addressed

I also agree that I see the staff working hard … but it’s also why the low hanging fruit is frustrating
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

To be clear I don’t criticize recruits personally … if you’re getting a UW offer and you know that that could be out punting your coverage so to speak … I don’t blame anybody for taking that offer

I’m critical of taking low hanging fruit for a number of reasons

I agree with the areas that UW has shortfalls … it needs to be addressed

I also agree that I see the staff working hard … but it’s also why the low hanging fruit is frustrating
    How do you define low hanging fruit?

This kid is one of the first 20 OL they offered this class, and he's not a project they found in November after striking out the earlier part of the year.

It's worth adding that Shepard was the coach who found him. He then connected him with Huff.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This message board is teeming with fruits.