Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Poker Guysm - Greatest Fold of All-Tim ?

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,687
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
14 players left in this year's WSOP Main Event - $10M up top.

AQ finds a CORRECT fold on a KQ2Q2 board. Just 6 hand combinations beat him (3 of KK, and 3 of KQ), but still ....

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/07/wsop-main-event-great-fold-41660.htm

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why do the Poker guysm look so weird these days?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good fold. Not sure I would've read pocket kings there but I didn't see the pre flop betting. I probably would've lost with the queens.

I won a small tournament once with a very similar board except I had pocket 2s and was pretty damn sure that four 2s was good. That was good for a little over $200 off a $20 buy in and $10 rebuy, the largest amount I've ever profited in a poker game.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,687
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Good fold. Not sure I would've read pocket kings there but I didn't see the pre flop betting. I probably would've lost with the queens.

I won a small tournament once with a very similar board except I had pocket 2s and was pretty damn sure that four 2s was good. That was good for a little over $200 off a $20 buy in and $10 rebuy, the largest amount I've ever profited in a poker game.

It was just Raise-Call preflop. No 3 or 4-betting.

He must have had SOME sort of read - in terms of physical/live tells - to find a fold. And w $2.1M in cashes coming into the ME, I'm guessing he's worked on that skill set.

Founders Club

What do you expect them to look like?

Founders Club

pawz said:

Yore white supremacy has no place in teh pokerz communities.

Sincerely, @TheKobeStopper

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    I thought the greatest fold of all Tim was the Ducks blowing a 31 point halftime lead to the Fightin' Tequillas.

Right up until Warshington folded even harder in losing to Montana.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Founders Club

pawz said:

Pei de man heez money.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    pawz said:

AQ finds a CORRECT fold on a KQ2Q2 board. Just 6 hand combinations beat him (3 of KK, and 3 of KQ), but still ....

What’s the golden fucking rule? Leave yourself an out

Assuming the video was straight forward on it … the snap all-in probably gives enough of a reason to exercise caution

The KK is obviously the concern but losing to KQ also enters into the play despite all the blockers to it … I wouldn’t even consider pocket ducks

It’s obviously a bit polarized but the snap call and snap all in after hitting trips just smells way too fishy
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Assuming the video was straight forward on it … the snap all-in probably gives enough of a reason to exercise caution

The KK is obviously the concern but losing to KQ also enters into the play despite all the blockers to it … I wouldn’t even consider pocket ducks

It’s obviously a bit polarized but the snap call and snap all in after hitting trips just smells way too fishy
    Let's say the KK player has a naked Q instead. How is his line any different on the turn and river? Are we? expecting him to check-back the river?

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Let's say the KK player has a naked Q instead. How is his line any different on the turn and river? Are we? expecting him to check-back the river?

IMO yes it’s a different line but you and I play probably a little different in those spots

Let’s say I’m pushing with the naked Q I’m getting 3 outcomes

1) Opponent folds Kx or whatever bluff they were running … you’re winning a showdown there anyway with a call and those hands are never calling away their stacks

2) You’re running into KK, 22, or KQ and you’re getting snap called and heading to the payout window … if you call your stack away and run into the ultimate cooler then so what

3) The interesting scenario here with the over the top with a chopped Q hand is that if that’s your read then you’re calling off to chop

My big consideration at that point is do I have enough chips behind with a fold to rebuild and move forward … if I do I tip my cap if you pushed me off my hand. Just don’t see the risk/reward in my favor to call it off there
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

IMO yes it’s a different line but you and I play probably a little different in those spots

1) Opponent folds Kx or whatever bluff they were running … you’re winning a showdown there anyway with a call and those hands are never calling away their stacks

2) You’re running into KK, 22, or KQ and you’re getting snap called and heading to the payout window … if you call your stack away and run into the ultimate cooler then so what

3) The interesting scenario here with the over the top with a chopped Q hand is that if that’s your read then you’re calling off to chop

My big consideration at that point is do I have enough chips behind with a fold to rebuild and move forward … if I do I tip my cap if you pushed me off my hand. Just don’t see the risk/reward in my favor to call it off there
    I don’t understand what is happening.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

You have to watch it. Just reading what these guys posted, without watching the hand, makes it hard to visualize what they're talking about. Maybe not to a regular player, but to most of us.
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

We?re having a home gayme Saturday. You should come play cards.

Founders Club
    edited August 2022
    Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

The part being missed here is if you DON'T call with Qx/2x enough, you are giving up piles of equity.

There are definitely enough AA, AJ, AT, JT combos to justify a call w a naked 2.

This is the part equity exposure vs game theory that make it an insanely difficult fold.

*with regards to OP, 22 is a 7th, winning hand-combo available
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I don't know all the considerations. But if it's my hand, I'm telling myself that I have a full house with queens and twos, but with the king out there and two queens, there are solid possibilities that somebody has a better full house, or even a push. With that said, i probably wouldn't have folded.
    pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

Tequilla said:

pawz said:

We?re having a home gayme Saturday. You should come play cards.

I take it as a complement that you don’t want me near that game