Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Current state of Husky Football

Comments

• Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

UW used to be branded by the block W. Then they tried to get cute with Nike and made the weasel. We? Returned to the block W but it was never the same. Bad management. Lost identity. Loser brand. Meanwhile Oregon had the duck logo and dropped it in favor of a block zero at the same time Nike got us to go with the weasel. Go figure.

I enjoy a good weasel story. Weasel on, sir

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    biak1 said:

@RaceBannon if it makes you feel any better my imagined schema for you has flowing locks.

#MEETO

and I've met him.

I can't, for the life of me, picture him bald but his timeline of shaving his head in his 40s fits historical data.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TXDawg said:

What's nuts is throwbacks are a hot merch item, but you can NEVER find that shit from UW.

LB_33 said:

LawDawg1 said:

UW used to be branded by the block W. Then they tried to get cute with Nike and made the weasel.

This is peak masculinity.

I’m not use to seeing a purple UW shirt match so closely to a purple UW hat.
    Pretty amazing they stopped being able to figure that one out too.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

I've been told that the bright gold, basically yellow is bad for the brand. Well one of the largest sports brands in the world is purple and gold. I don't think they are moving to purple and khaki anytime soon.

Mighty are the men who wear the Purple and the...Khaki?
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Khaki? Well, it's business casual. I get it now..
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I've made my opinions known on UW's branding.

UW went from Purple & Gold to Purple & Khaki. Oregons brand went big and bright. UW brand went small and muted. Oregon went eye catching, UW went eye wandering. There may be something to be said about the UW's branding being reactionary to the Oregon shift, however the billion dollar company in Beaverton seems to know a lot more than probably Barbara Hedges and subsequent entities in UW branding.

So far adidas clothing has been very underwhelming. Mostly because the gold looks absolutely horrible. Oddly enough they are selling 'retro', or basically panting dawg stuff that actually seems to sell, and has a brighter eye catching gold. I've beaten this drum for years, but mostly I'm shouted down by doogs who like Jimmy Lake claim some academic prowess, snob shit about not wanting to be flashy like Oregon. I've been told that the bright gold, basically yellow is bad for the brand. Well one of the largest sports brands in the world is purple and gold. I don't think they are moving to purple and khaki anytime soon.

Purple and Gold

Purple and Khaki

Fuck the Lakers but their brand is eye catching

Christ forgot that double pleated pants was a thing for skinny people back in the day
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    I thought that khaki was actually Vegas gold...which isn't a bad color done right. It should have a lot more yellow tint to it.

Edit...not saying I approve of that color for uw. It isn't gold. I don't get why it changed.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I've made my opinions known on UW's branding.

UW went from Purple & Gold to Purple & Khaki. Oregons brand went big and bright. UW brand went small and muted. Oregon went eye catching, UW went eye wandering. There may be something to be said about the UW's branding being reactionary to the Oregon shift, however the billion dollar company in Beaverton seems to know a lot more than probably Barbara Hedges and subsequent entities in UW branding.

So far adidas clothing has been very underwhelming. Mostly because the gold looks absolutely horrible. Oddly enough they are selling 'retro', or basically panting dawg stuff that actually seems to sell, and has a brighter eye catching gold. I've beaten this drum for years, but mostly I'm shouted down by doogs who like Jimmy Lake claim some academic prowess, snob shit about not wanting to be flashy like Oregon. I've been told that the bright gold, basically yellow is bad for the brand. Well one of the largest sports brands in the world is purple and gold. I don't think they are moving to purple and khaki anytime soon.

Purple and Gold

Purple and Khaki

Fuck the Lakers but their brand is eye catching

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I was balding by 30

Started shaving my head in my 40s

Bald guys are virile and smart and have big dicks

You all enjoy your hair

This. Suck it losers.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I was balding by 30

You all enjoy your hair

This. Suck it losers.
    In my defense I've been trying for years. I've even sent formal invitations to specific glory holes. No dice.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I liked these but the jersey colour should be the same as the W behind him IMO
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was balding by 30

You all enjoy your hair

4th of July 1999 was the first time I shaved my head and other than 6-8 week period in early 2001 I’ve been keeping it that way.
    LOL... In summer of 1999, I can't remember the month, I shaved my head. I was told by my boss that I looked like a serial killer, so I grew it back

You don't say?