Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UO/UW Glory (3) years

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Once upon a time long, long ago................................LOL

Once upon a time you could actually earn an income. Today, not so much.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It really wasn't 3 years of Glory. That 1992 Dawg team lost 3 or their last 4.
    That means the AC where they got smashed by the mighty Crimson & Grey.
    Then Tyrone Wheatley gashed the Dawg D for 235 rushing yards in their RB loss.
    Mich. had nearly 500 yards of offense and over 300 rushing yards.
    That's an ass kicking folks.

4 weeks ranked #1 to a #11 finish..................LOL

RIP, Glory Years.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

RIP, Glory Years.

Get me another beer. Please.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1992 Snow Bowl @ Pullman.

LOL
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

LOL

lol, what dude?

My god.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Imagine jerking it to a team that got blown out in their only postseason game, because it’s the closest thing to success you’ve experienced in 2 decades.

Couldn’t be me, but you keep on doogin, wee-man👍

Look, 2016 was a good team. They had a great defense and a couple of playmakers on offense.

But you gotta win in January for it to be worth a shit. I don’t see any Rose Bowls or Playoff wins, so just pipe down.

What you have is an 8-1 record and a conference title in a down year for the PAC and a blowout loss on the big stage. It was a good season overall, but let’s not pretend it was something it wasn’t.

Nearly every year in every conference, a team has a season like 2016 UW. It wasn’t special, no matter how much it feels like it was to you.

Imagine jerking off to your 2014 team.

In the last ~8 years, Oregon's best teams needed their opponents to give up unforced turnovers. A lot of them.

2014 Semi final. 2019 CCG and 2020 Rosebowl. 2020 CCG.

You have been insanely lucky and still don't have much to show for it.
    Oregon won the 2014 semifinal against the defending champs by 40.

I know this because I was at the game. Just like the 2012 RB and the 2020 RB.

How many UW Rose Bowl wins have you seen in person?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

Imagine jerking it to a team that got blown out in their only postseason game, because it’s the closest thing to success you’ve experienced in 2 decades.

Look, 2016 was a good team. They had a great defense and a couple of playmakers on offense.

But you gotta win in January for it to be worth a shit. I don’t see any Rose Bowls or Playoff wins, so just pipe down.

What you have is an 8-1 record and a conference title in a down year for the PAC and a blowout loss on the big stage. It was a good season overall, but let’s not pretend it was something it wasn’t.

Nearly every year in every conference, a team has a season like 2016 UW. It wasn’t special, no matter how much it feels like it was to you.

In the last ~8 years, Oregon's best teams needed their opponents to give up unforced turnovers. A lot of them.

When Oregon didn't get unforced 5 turnovers they turned back into Oregon State with a Mega Booster in the champ game.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

trublue said:

LOL

lol, what dude?

My god.
    Classic Apple Cup . . . Maybe Race made the drive to Pullman for the beatdown in the blizzard.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

RIP, Glory Years.

Go undefeated 9 years in a row and then pop off
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Well, if we're even being troll reasonable, there's no writing off what they did to Florida State, and they had the players to do it.

I can't remember every play of every game from a long time ago, but I think Breeze had like two forced fumbles, and the key one in the 4th quarter was helmet on ball forced. Hard to dispute that one.

Well, if we're even being troll reasonable, there's no writing off what they did to Florida State, and they had the players to do it.

I can't remember every play of every game from a long time ago, but I think Breeze had like two forced fumbles, and the key one in the 4th quarter was helmet on ball forced. Hard to dispute that one.

Smug FSU fans were comparing the teams based on how they looked in street clothes. They’re so “tiny.”

That was a beat down any way you slice it.
    You guys better go get our resident VERY BIG BOY another beer before he comes stomping his little feet in here, letting everyone know how much money he makes down in fucking Battle Ground or Vancouver or wherever the fuck….
    thechatch said:

You guys better go get our resident VERY BIG BOY another beer before he comes stomping his little feet in here, letting everyone know how much money he makes down in fucking Battle Ground or Vancouver or wherever the fuck….

“I’m a MAN!”
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Would like to hear his definition of “unforced turnover”. Aside from the Jameis fumble when the game was already decided, I can’t remember an “unforced” turnover Florida state had?
    ntxduck said:

Would like to hear his definition of “unforced turnover”. Aside from the Jameis fumble when the game was already decided, I can’t remember an “unforced” turnover Florida state had?
    Even Jameis’ fumble was caused by pressure….

I mean it’s not like there were muffed punts or fumbled exchanges.

Winners win and losers talk about how different it would have been if only we hadn’t turned it over 5x

I mean talk about dooging…..
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2022
    ntxduck said:

I just did a "highlight" video search. I'm not spending any more time on this, but but the first half Wisky pick was a pass he threw under pressure, and the first fumble was Dye stripping it from Taylor.

Really the only self-inflicted TO was the muffed punt, and you can argue there that he looked up at the pressure that had come through the LOS. But that one was mostly the punter choking.

Both teams made their share of mistakes, including both QBs. The main thing that people don't talk enough about in that game that was critical, which I thought would be a huge problem for the Ducks, was keeping Taylor relatively in check. Keeping that kid, who is a fucking stud pro, under a hundy, and the entire Wisky running game to under 150, was pretty huge. That's why Oregon won.
    If Tyrone Wheatley had not run over the bull-dawgs 1992 RB team, 235 yards, they'd be RB champs.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

That game was awesome! The fans singing the FSU war chant back to them we felt on top of the world... then they popped Carrington for pot DOH.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

When Oregon didn't get unforced 5 turnovers they turned back into Oregon State with a Mega Booster in the champ game.
    That game was without Carrington and he had 180 yards in the Rose Bowl... there were two or 3 key plays in the title game that had he been there would have been different. Even with him gone, game was close until the 4th. Then we got ran over. If Carrington was there I believe we win.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Just a comparison because any talk of Oregon-Washington football always comes back to the 1/2 natty awarded by the coaches poll and those early 90's UW teams.

UW 1990-92: 31-5 overall. 21-3 Pac-8. 2-1 Bowls. Coaches poll champs 1991. Final ranking CP 90-92: 5, 1, 10.
    UO 2010-12: 36-4 overall. 25-2 Pac-10/12. 2-1 Bowls. Nat. Championship 3pt. loss. Final ranking CP 10-12: 3, 4, 2.

Winners win dude. You had your chances. You got an Auburn team that was a mental case Cam, Nick Fairley and a bunch of ass run over twice. Should have blown that team out of the water or won like 56-35.

2012 was kinda scary but lost to the only good team they played, at home, with freshman Kevin Hogan at QB.

Fair point that 92 Dawgs fell apart. Will always be curious what happens if Hobes doesn't get busted for Ruby Ridge loan.