Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Happy Bastille Day!

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fun quote.

But still, how did the revolution work out for Danton?
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022

Fun quote.

You clearly know the answer to that. Enough of an impact that there's a statue dedicated to his resistance. And the tyrant he referred to was killed.

My French professor nicknamed me Danton and for a few years in my early 20s more people called me Danton than Derek. I think that's safe to say as accurate.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fun quote.

You clearly know the answer to that. Enough of an impact that there's a statue dedicated to his resistance. And the tyrant he referred to was killed.

My French professor nicknamed me Danton and for a few years in my early 20s more people called me Danton than Derek. I think that's safe to say as accurate.
    IFL French Revolution history. Need to find some good recent non fiction on the subject to freshen up.

Alas, I stand with Burke on criticism of the French. Their revolution begat terror, which begat dictatorship, which begat a return to monarchy.
    Founders Club

Fun quote.

IFL French Revolution history. Need to find some good recent non fiction on the subject to freshen up.

Alas, I stand with Burke on criticism of the French. Their revolution begat terror, which begat dictatorship, which begat a return to monarchy.
    Given the current state of America, we shouldn't be so quick to look down our noses at the French.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fun quote.

Given the current state of America, we shouldn't be so quick to look down our noses at the French.
    I’m “long” America based on our immense demographic and geographic advantages vis a vis the rest of the world.

And I’m long France as well so far as Europe is concerned. They have way better demographics than the rest of Europe, a decent military, nuclear power, and good domestic agriculture. Who would have thought the French would beat the Germans? Viva La France!

#NotATugComment
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

Fun quote.

I’m “long” America based on our immense demographic and geographic advantages vis a vis the rest of the world stockpile of citizen-owned weaponry.

Swaye's Wigwam

Fun quote.

I’m “long” America based on our immense demographic and geographic advantages vis a vis the rest of the world stockpile of citizen-owned weaponry.

Hard to believe the Italians stopped making babies @PurpleThrobber with all them awesome Apolonia-esque tittays.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fun quote.

I had the almost identical experience in second grade when all of the girls called me Rose Bud... which at the time, i think to say was accurate.