Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best inner tubing river in America?

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rogue River

Do people inner the Rogue much @DerekJohnson ? I never thought of it as a "lazy river" but more of a spot for whitewater activities.
    You definitely don't want to tube the Rogue. Very rough for tubing
    I do the Green Wall upside down and backward on an air mattress.

I really did that in a dream once.

More specifically I woke up from the dream right as I hit the lead in, kind of like how you wake up from falling in a dream.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

There’s nothing quite like loading up on breakfast tacos at Taco Taco Cafe and floating through Hill Country with a cooler full of beer.

@IPukeOregonGrellow so back in good old days of river floats, one had to buy big old tractor tire inner tubes from Les Schaub, get some free beef, and fill them up at a gas station (or have an air compressor you could run off your car). The new technology is far, far better.

At any rate, how did that work back in the old day in Oregon. Did you have to say fill my tube, Duck?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

Rogue River

Do people inner the Rogue much @DerekJohnson ? I never thought of it as a "lazy river" but more of a spot for whitewater activities.
    A 17 year old HS kid died on the Deschutes this year.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off....

Rogue River

I've got at least three completely inappropriate jokes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

Rogue River

I've got at least three completely inappropriate jokes
    Tough call.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

The river in Missoula is great for tubing.

I’ve swum in the Clark Fork @RoadDawg55 where it seemed like good floating.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Guadalupe River, TX

There’s nothing quite like loading up on breakfast tacos at Taco Taco Cafe and floating through Hill Country with a cooler full of beer.

@IPukeOregonGrellow so back in good old days of river floats, one had to buy big old tractor tire inner tubes from Les Schaub, get some free beef, and fill them up at a gas station (or have an air compressor you could run off your car). The new technology is far, far better.

At any rate, how did that work back in the old day in Oregon. Did you have to say fill my tube, Duck?
    Les Schwab and air pumping is the domain of the Boovs.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

In MD/wva there's the harpers ferry thing which is quite fun.

But I have to do a nostalgic shout out. We had the big wooden raft with the monitor speakers on the salt lake back in college.

Guitar center warranty ...they always take it back and replace free of charge no questions.

Blew probably like 10 lol.

Shenandoah.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

It's kind of sad that I live in the HQ town of Les Schwab and I will never buy tires there.

I'm Team Discount Tire all the way.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off....

It's kind of sad that I live in the HQ town of Les Schwab and I will never buy tires there.

You sound poor

.....and reasonable

Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA
    dannarc said:

You sound poor

.....and reasonable

Not sure I follow @dannarc

I feel like Les Shwab is the go to for off brand, shitty tires.

I run Michelins (excluding my Bridgestone snow tires) and Discount is the place for the premium name brands.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

You sound poor

.....and reasonable

Not sure I follow @dannarc

I feel like Les Shwab is the go to for off brand, shitty tires.

I run Michelins (excluding my Bridgestone snow tires) and Discount is the place for the premium name brands.
    Overpriced shitty tires. Pay a 20-30% per tire yocharge for that amazing Schwab service that never really is that amazing.

I needed an account somewhere close by to be a good farmer so I went with them. Next set of car or truck tires will be from somewhere else, most likely one of the backyard tire shops run by Mexican dudes.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    No love for the Duwamish or the Green. What do you have against raw sewage and floating bodies, guys?

And I second the vote for Discount Tire. Schwab has really gone downhill and the rest are ripoff artists.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The river in Missoula is great for tubing.

I’ve swum in the Clark Fork @RoadDawg55 where it seemed like good floating.
    My cousin used to jump off a 40 foot railroad trestle over the CF. As a middle aged adult looking back 30 years, it seems insane.

Now he's a degenerate jailbird who barely sees his son...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

No love for the Duwamish or the Green. What do you have against raw sewage and floating bodies, guys?

And I second the vote for Discount Tire. Schwab has really gone downhill and the rest are ripoff artists.

Big O is good.

They could have ripped Bill off a couple times, but didn't. I refer to myself in 3rd person because I'm psychotic.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,679
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Rogue River

A buddy a year below me in school gurggled the Deschutes in our early twenties. Really fucking sad.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA
    pawz said:

Rogue River

A buddy a year below me in school gurggled the Deschutes in our early twenties. Really fucking sad.

River gurgling is a shitty way to sell the couch.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoqualmie River, WA

Big O is good.

They could have ripped Bill off a couple times, but didn't. I refer to myself in 3rd person because I'm psychotic.
    I had some Big O tires once back in Utah @Fire_Marshall_Bill . Fucking terrible in the snow. Huge improvement once I got some Michelin LTS Mud/Snows.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022

Big O is good.

I had some Big O tires once back in Utah @Fire_Marshall_Bill . Fucking terrible in the snow. Huge improvement once I got some Michelin LTS Mud/Snows.
    So how was the polygamy? And did the carpet match the drapes? Lotsa blondes, ya know.