Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We offered this kid early so the coaches must like something he brings to the table. Not really blown away by the schools we are competing against for him.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

We offered this kid early so the coaches must like something he brings to the table. Not really blown away by the schools we are competing against for him.

He's from a suburb of Fargo, so probably under most school's radars.

But yeah, would be great to get a commit from one of the first DL they offered after KDB became coach.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He's from a suburb of Fargo, so probably under most school's radars.

But yeah, would be great to get a commit from one of the first DL they offered after KDB became coach.

• TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He’s a dawg!

Loyal to the tundra?

Or not
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Anytime you can get a top 1000 recruit you have to be excited
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He's decent. Not a very exciting pickup but has the physical tools. I think Inoke has a pretty good rep as a talent developer. This kid can certainly be better than Sam Taimani with proper development and coaching, which is what this staff is going to have to rely on
    Our TBS team should do an analysis of how players perform when they commit with a well-written letter like that versus a vid like Wedington
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Pressing.
    RDR said:

"My dad came with me this time (his coach made the visit with him in April) and he loved it. My mom doesn't fly, so we need to figure out a way to get here out there for a visit. Hopefully during the season we'll be able to get out there. She's supportive of my decision and my dad and I shared with her what it is like out there."

From the Eckland commitment article.

Mom won't fly. Just won't.

Amtrak Fargo to Seattle is $142.

Tequilla said:

Just like the twins (the good one at least), this guy will be way better than many of the four star bum DT’s we got during the leveling up phase. Hudl looks good and this guy could be a player.
    Sure … anything is possible and to some extent we all know that OL/DL can be some of the toughest to evaluate

Data tells us though that you’re more likely to be successful recruiting highly rated players than relying on developing the diamonds in the rough … that shouldn’t be that debatable

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just like the twins (the good one at least), this guy will be way better than many of the four star bum DT’s we got during the leveling up phase. Hudl looks good and this guy could be a player.
    Sure … anything is possible and to some extent we all know that OL/DL can be some of the toughest to evaluate

Data tells us though that you’re more likely to be successful recruiting highly rated players than relying on developing the diamonds in the rough … that shouldn’t be that debatable
    This is correct, but, this kid was wanted by Minnesota. They aren't a blue blood but Fleck has raised them up to be on equal footing with Wisconsin (split their last 4) and they were the local school in this fight. If the Minnesota never offered or wasn't a player in his decision I'd be more skeptical. I think this was a pretty good get.
    Worth noting that Matt Campbell was the other finalist, and he's the coach many of us wanted.
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He’s not a diamond in the rough. He was offered a long time ago and targeted. He’s a big kid that isn’t a total slug. The coaches wanted him.
    With all due respect, this staff as a whole has not completely recruited at a high end P5 level

So I’m going to take a wait/see on whether the early offer is an indication of having an eye that others don’t or more of a sign that this was viewed as an easy/attainable get