Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon Ducks ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Corner DESTROYS RECEIVERS l Caleb Presley

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    Their corners have been overrated every year. Gebbia, Eason, tons of shitty quarterbacks have done well against them over the last 3-4 years.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Their corners have been overrated every year. Gebbia, Eason, tons of shitty quarterbacks have done well against them over the last 3-4 years.

Eason? The one who folded in the fourth quarter and lost to Oregon at home? That's your example?
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Eason? The one who folded in the fourth quarter and lost to Oregon at home? That's your example?
    Utah, Washington State, Washington in 2018. UW and Arizona State in 2019. Oregon State, Cal, and UCLA (backup QB) in 2020. Cal and Stanford in 2021. They have not coached up their talent well at that position. They have scored some turnovers at really opportune times but get burned deep a lot for their talent level against inferior receivers.

If you think Chin burning them deep in 2019 was an outlier then I can't help you.
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Utah, Washington State, Washington in 2018. UW and Arizona State in 2019. Oregon State, Cal, and UCLA (backup QB) in 2020. Cal and Stanford in 2021. They have not coached up their talent well at that position. They have scored some turnovers at really opportune times but get burned deep a lot for their talent level against inferior receivers.

If you think Chin burning them deep in 2019 was an outlier then I can't help you.
    They're recruiting well and you're jealous. I get it.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    haie said:

Question - would you rather Jimmy Lake had been a mediocre DB coach so he didn't end up getting the HC job?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

haie said:

haie said:

Sorry to bring up facts and games that, you know, actually happened.

If Seattle kids want to go to a shit town and a shit university to get a shit education so they can be on Jacksonville's practice squad for a few years, more power to them. Oregon is paying for pussy yet all the qucks here claims it's because they just like Oregon better than UW. Sure.gif

I'll take Gaskin and the Hatchetts and yes even Taylor Rapp.

You hate UW because of politics and your own personal experiences with the university. It seethes in every reaction to every inconsequential thing released by the program.
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

If Seattle kids want to go to a shit town and a shit university to get a shit education so they can be on Jacksonville's practice squad for a few years, more power to them. I'll take Gaskin and the Hatchetts and yes even Taylor Rapp.

You hate UW because of politics and your own personal experiences with the university. It seethes in every reaction to every inconsequential thing released by the program.
    Oregon has won something like 17 of the past 19 games against us and it sucks. And now you're over on this forum shitting on every single post with Duck news, regardless of whether you know anything about the topic or not. It's not fun and it hurts. I understand. I get it.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

If Seattle kids want to go to a shit town and a shit university to get a shit education so they can be on Jacksonville's practice squad for a few years, more power to them. Oregon is paying for pussy yet all the qucks here claims it's because they just like Oregon better than UW. Sure.gif

Haie, let me help you.

Recruiting involves attracting 15-18 year old kids to join your program. These kids give zero fucks about what happened in 2000 let alone 1990. You have to stay relevant and continuously sustain success or recruiting will suffer. This is why USC is having issues comparative to a decade ago. You, me, Derek, and 90% of this board appreciate USC’s history, because we’ve lived through it. Recruits don’t. They’ve never witnessed it. So, if you want to know why recruits choose Oregon now over Washington, it’s about money, exposure, the “cool” factor, and 15-2 since 2004. It’s that fucking simple.

Pete had success recruiting because he was a catalysts to the program. Recruits saw his success at Boise St. and wanted to be a part of it.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

If Seattle kids want to go to a shit town and a shit university to get a shit education so they can be on Jacksonville's practice squad for a few years, more power to them. I'll take Gaskin and the Hatchetts and yes even Taylor Rapp.

Oregon has won something like 17 of the past 19 games against us and it sucks. And now you're over on this forum shitting on every single post with Duck news, regardless of whether you know anything about the topic or not. It's not fun and it hurts. I understand. I get it.
    Cookie cutter arbitrary slice of seasons.

The Pac has been, inarguably, a self cannabalizing rock paper scissors league. We can't beat Oregon, Oregon can't beat Utah and Cuog, and they can't beat us, on average over the last relevant 5 seasons.

I'm not hurting over Oregon winning a single conference title since they started recruiting well again. And I'm not hurting over some rainier beach and Tacoma soft losers going down to Shitgene. They're paying for players and their results have been underwhelming outside of getting a vastly inferior opponent in the rose bowl and getting about the luckiest string of turnovers that game. Good for them. For as much shit as everyone gave UW their coach quit on them and they went up against one of the best coaches in cfb history. Petersen owns the Lake era more than anyone imo.

You think Jen makes all the calls and will put UW in the mountain west. Lol. Yeah no agenda there. I don't know how many articles need to be written about the AD's, outside of SC's having no influence at all over realignment outcomes.

I agree that it's shitty that Seattle culture has affected the football program as much as it has. It's a fact that when Knight is gone the Eugene druids will take back all the power there. But their bandwagon fans on this board won't be here to absorb any of that reality.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Haie, let me help you.

Recruiting involves attracting 15-18 year old kids to join your program. These kids give zero fucks about what happened in 2000 let alone 1990. You have to stay relevant and continuously sustain success or recruiting will suffer. This is why USC is having issues comparative to a decade ago. You, me, Derek, and 90% of this board appreciate USC’s history, because we’ve lived through it. Recruits don’t. They’ve never witnessed it. So, if you want to know why recruits choose Oregon now over Washington, it’s about money, exposure, the “cool” factor, and 15-2 since 2004. It’s that fucking simple.

Pete had success recruiting because he was a catalysts to the program. Recruits saw his success at Boise St. and wanted to be a part of it.
    Let me help you. Shitgene blows and the UO is a mud hut.

I remember as a senior going to their football camp and we played some 7 on 7 tournament and got to the final game against a team made up of their recruits (or guys trying to get recruited by them), so they let that round be played in Autzen stadium. It was obvious then and it's obvious now what a mickey mouse shit hole that place is. Not a big boi school and place.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    Did CP even give UW a sniff?

Or was he rated too highly and DeB only wants mid-level 3* guys?

You know, MWC types hungry to prove themselves against P-5 recruits.

Who knows it may well be a winning strategy in the long run.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

The Pac has been, inarguably, a self cannabalizing rock paper scissors league. We can't beat Oregon, Oregon can't beat Utah and Cuog, and they can't beat us, on average over the last relevant 5 seasons.

I'm not hurting over Oregon winning a single conference title since they started recruiting well again. And I'm not hurting over some rainier beach and Tacoma soft losers going down to Shitgene. They're paying for players and their results have been underwhelming outside of getting a vastly inferior opponent in the rose bowl and getting about the luckiest string of turnovers that game. Good for them. For as much shit as everyone gave UW their coach quit on them and they went up against one of the best coaches in cfb history. Petersen owns the Lake era more than anyone imo.

You think Jen makes all the calls and will put UW in the mountain west. Lol. Yeah no agenda there. I don't know how many articles need to be written about the AD's, outside of SC's having no influence at all over realignment outcomes.

I agree that it's shitty that Seattle culture has affected the football program as much as it has. It's a fact that when Knight is gone the Eugene druids will take back all the power there. But their bandwagon fans on this board won't be here to absorb any of that reality.
    we're 3-2 against Cuog, 3-2 against UW and 3-3 against Utah the last 5 years.

HTH
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Agree on Pac being self-cannibalizing. Agree on Petersen being largely to blame for Lake era. Disagree on Cohen; I never said she makes all the calls. I always say "leading the way".

Of course you're butthurt over Oregon beating us like a rented mule. We all are.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Haie, let me help you.

I remember as a senior going to their football camp and we played some 7 on 7 tournament and got to the final game against a team made up of their recruits (or guys trying to get recruited by them), so they let that round be played in Autzen stadium. It was obvious then and it's obvious now what a mickey mouse shit hole that place is. Not a big boi school and place.
    Eugene is a shit hole, I won’t argue that. But recruits don’t care. I’m not going to argue your dislikes for Eugene and Oregon in general. I actually agree with you on them. But again, recruits don’t care.
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Haie, let me help you.

Eugene is a shit hole, I won’t argue that. But recruits don’t care. I’m not going to argue your dislikes for Eugene and Oregon in general. I actually agree with you on them. But again, recruits don’t care.
    USC is located in South Central LA. Not exactly Shangri-la

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Haie, let me help you.

USC is located in South Central LA. Not exactly Shangri-la
    True, and if USC was USC, the kids wouldn’t care.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It’s fun to watch this discussion evolve from Oregon recruiting to Shithole Eugene vs THE GREATEST SETTING in less than a page.

You just know that @haie and his dogged research of all things Oregon football was heavily involved.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

It’s fun to watch this discussion evolve from Oregon recruiting to Shithole Eugene vs THE GREATEST SETTING in less than a page.

You just know that @haie and his dogged research of all things Oregon football was heavily involved.

Glad to hear you're having fun. Your poor ass might wanna think about donating to the site.

Oregon fans are so retarded that they can only spin up retard farms like fishduck, so this place is clearly providing you some value you can't get anywhere else.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

thechatch said:

Glad to hear you're having fun. Your poor ass might wanna think about donating to the site.

Oregon fans are so retarded that they can only spin up retard farms like fishduck, so this place is clearly providing you some value you can't get anywhere else.
    The entertainment value you provide is definitely 2nd to none,

I’ll give you that, wee-man.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

The entertainment value you provide is definitely 2nd to none,

I’ll give you that, wee-man.
    I'm not short. Is this the new 'gals' sick burn or something?

You aren't very good at this.