Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Good tip. Been wanting to try those.
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    Had one of these on Saturday night. Davidoff Churchill Late Hour Robusto. It's been in the humidor for about 2 months, and I couldn't hold off any longer. I was really looking forward to it. It was, ok. Frankly, disappointing. Very tough draw and I had to consistently re-light. It was a great smoke, for a few puffs and then the draw would get tough, or it wouldn't hold the burn. I've got 4 more and I'm going to let them rest for a few more weeks before trying again.

Had one of these on the 4th of July. Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve by Drew Estate. Outstanding smoke. Had a very unique taste, wonderful burn and loads of creamy smoke. I'd easily put this in my top 10 and probably challenging for top 5. I only had 1 in the humidor, but I will definitely add more.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Speaks to my heart
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Speaks to my heart

The best cigars are communist @Swaye tells me. Ironic.

#NotATugComment
    edited July 2022

#NotATugComment

I've only had a few Cubans, smuggled in via Canada and France, from a world traveler friend. And they were very dark, very strong and gave me a buzz like the first time I smoked a cigarette as a kid. Maybe I'm just a lightweight.

But the Nicaraguans, on the other hand, continue to impress me. Those commies make some good sticks for a fair price. Almost like Capitalists.

And those Nic Sticks are quite good enough for me.

And to be fair @Swaye is an entirely different brand of red.
    Founders Club
    @DHD I've never had a poorly constructed Davidoff so that surprises me. The Pappy VW is a surprisingly good smoke at a fair price.

@TurdBomber a Cohiba Magicos Maduro will put mega hair on your balls, but no more so than a Liga Privada #9. There are some strong offerings from Cuba though.
    Swaye said:

@DHD I've never had a poorly constructed Davidoff so that surprises me. The Pappy VW is a surprisingly good smoke at a fair price.

@TurdBomber a Cohiba Magicos Maduro will put mega hair on your balls, but no more so than a Liga Privada #9. There are some strong offerings from Cuba though.

Could I get some MAGA hair, too?

Wrong Thread?
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NotATugComment

I've only had a few Cubans, smuggled in via Canada and France, from a world traveler friend. And they were very dark, very strong and gave me a buzz like the first time I smoked a cigarette as a kid. Maybe I'm just a lightweight.

But the Nicaraguans, on the other hand, continue to impress me. Those commies make some good sticks for a fair price. Almost like Capitalists.

I'm pretty much a Nicaraguan guy these days. Too pour to be into Cubans.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you prefer old school strong man rule to commies there are always Dominicans. Good cigar
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Could I get some MAGA hair, too?

Wrong Thread?
    Only if it's on a puffy little ginage, between soft, supple thighs.

#NotATugComment

It's funny about being too pour. I could certainly buy more expensive cigars, but I rarely have an hour in good weather and temperature to enjoy them, and I hate nothing worse than wasting good product of any type, which makes me feel guilty and assholeish.

So I stay mostly in the $5 - $10 range and maybe get 30 to 45 minutes of enjoyment before something calls me away. Any day I can smoke 2 while relaxing and enjoying both, is a rare and beautiful thing, like a summer day in Seattle where it stays above 65 late into the evening, before turning cold and rainy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

#NotATugComment

It's funny about being too pour. I could certainly buy more expensive cigars, but I rarely have an hour in good weather and temperature to enjoy them, and I hate nothing worse than wasting good product of any type, which makes me feel guilty and assholeish.

So I stay mostly in the $5 - $10 range and maybe get 30 to 45 minutes of enjoyment before something calls me away. Any day I can smoke 2 while relaxing and enjoying both, is a rare and beautiful thing, like a summer day in Seattle where it stays above 65 late into the evening, before turning cold and rainy.
    Pretty much the same here. I smoke a lot of small Cohiba pequenos which are like $3.00 and good for 20 mins.

Really enjoying the Padron 1926 No. 35 Naturals. About $12.00 per, but a great way for a pour like me to enjoy the Padron brand.

No. I don't have a 1911. Just liked the pic.

#NotATugComment

Pretty much the same here. I smoke a lot of small Cohiba pequenos which are like $3.00 and good for 20 mins.

Really enjoying the Padron 1926 No. 35 Naturals. About $12.00 per, but a great way for a pour like me to enjoy the Padron brand.

No. I don't have a 1911. Just liked the pic.

Much to the chagrin if our Cubans-are-the-Shit cigar-smoking warrior chief, @Swaye, I thought I'd just ordered and received a batch of Olivas (somewhat to my shame, as well.) Upon taking a closer look, they were actually Rocky Patel's.

Whew. I think I avoided the molasses and red ants for the time being, at least.
    Founders Club
    Pretty good sampler at a pretty good price. Time is running out though ... supposed to be done by about 1pm on Sunday. If I hadn't already spent my cigar budget for the month, I'd grab this.

https://www.amhumidors.com/product-page/24-special-cigars-sampler-ii

Founders Club
    Sway brought up the El Septimos the other day. Here's a sale that's going on right now for these. Spendy, but the discount is nice. I might snag a few and give Swaye's recommendation a try. He hasn't steered me wrong yet.

https://luxurycigarclub.com/collections/el-septimo?mc_cid=818198c0b8&mc_eid=8f9ef5f20c

Take 30% Off All EL SEPTIMO

Use code TAKE30 at checkout to save 30% on all El Septimo cigars!
    If you haven't tried these ultra premium cigars from Costa Rica yet, now is your chance!

This sale is only live for today, do not hesitate!

Some exclusions apply
    Not eligible with any other discount

Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    DHD said:

Sway brought up the El Septimos the other day. Here's a sale that's going on right now for these. Spendy, but the discount is nice. I might snag a few and give Swaye's recommendation a try. He hasn't steered me wrong yet.

https://luxurycigarclub.com/collections/el-septimo?mc_cid=818198c0b8&mc_eid=8f9ef5f20c

Take 30% Off All EL SEPTIMO

Use code TAKE30 at checkout to save 30% on all El Septimo cigars!
    If you haven't tried these ultra premium cigars from Costa Rica yet, now is your chance!

This sale is only live for today, do not hesitate!

Some exclusions apply
    Not eligible with any other discount

Code worked this morning. I got the travel kit and a box of the Gilgamesh. I like the theory behind the membership tiers. Might look into that.
    Founders Club
    Here's what I grabbed. I tried to get a variety so I could see what I liked. The gimmick of the Alexandra/Marilyn being female oriented is nice, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit in my hand and taste the same.

The massive ring gauges are intriguing. (I'm sure there's a joke in there about massive ring gauges/female oriented cigars but I'm trying to keep this classy).

El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection
    5 pack / botticelli (7.5x58)

El Septimo Alexandra Collection
    3 pack / marilyn (5x58)

El Septimo Diamond Kolosso Amethyst
    single / kolosso amethyst (6x60)

El Septimo Diamond Double Shot White Diamond
    3 pack / double shot white diamond (3.75x68)

Founders Club
    DHD said:

Here's what I grabbed. I tried to get a variety so I could see what I liked. The gimmick of the Alexandra/Marilyn being female oriented is nice, but I'm pretty sure they'll fit in my hand and taste the same.

The massive ring gauges are intriguing. (I'm sure there's a joke in there about massive ring gauges/female oriented cigars but I'm trying to keep this classy).

El Septimo Sacred Arts Collection
    5 pack / botticelli (7.5x58)

El Septimo Alexandra Collection
    3 pack / marilyn (5x58)

El Septimo Diamond Kolosso Amethyst
    single / kolosso amethyst (6x60)

El Septimo Diamond Double Shot White Diamond
    3 pack / double shot white diamond (3.75x68)

Bad ass choices. All will be excellent I feel certain. So, I chatted them up yesterday and they "found" a spot on the Sapphire tier so I could join the club. Will report in when they send me my monthly baller stick samplers. They told me spots on the Diamond list almost never open up and the wait list is huge, so Sapphire may be as high as I can go. Looking forward to checking this out though.
    Founders Club
    The El Septimo I just got from my local place:

Swaye's Wigwam
    So I'm starting my naughty list here of cigars which have consistently giving me burn/draw issues.

Warped GR 88 - Smoked 5 of these in the past year. 4 of the 5 had terrible burn/draw. Worst 94 rated stick ever.

Fuente Hemingway Short Story - @Swaye got me started on these last year. First 5 or so I enjoyed in life were great. The last 3 I've had to give up on 5 minutes in. Like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose and totally not enjoyable. Cuntswaylow at the factory must be a newbie and is rolling them way too tight.