Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don't just sit and watch, P12, DO SOMETHING . . . . . . . . .

EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
You can slowly die or make something happen.

Add four teams from the B12 (Okie light, Texas tech, TCU and Baylor - Feel free to sub in KS or someone else for any misfits).

Pursue "tight" agreement with ACC to form a super conference with the championship game in LV.

For the western addition you need to adopt a similar exit penalty/poison pill until 2036, or whenever. Make them coincide.

Profit for 15 years.

DIE or survive. But give us a chance.

Comments

• Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,494
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022
    I say the PAC North secedes from pro-football NCAA, just go back to college football instead of this pro insanity.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,112
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Add four teams from the B12 (Okie light, Texas tech, TCU and Baylor - Feel free to sub in KS or someone else for any misfits).

Pursue "tight" agreement with ACC to form a super conference with the championship game in LV.

For the western addition you need to adopt a similar exit penalty/poison pill until 2036, or whenever. Make them coincide.

Profit for 15 years.

I don’t trust UW to do something smart with the crappy hand that they dealt themselves. I worry that they panic and do something rash that will make a more prudent move impossible or less fruitful.

The “but we have do something” crowd really nailed Covid policy. Among other things.

Let it play out.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    EwaDawg said:

Profit for 15 years.

That’s actually not a bad idea. If the ACC can keep its current teams, that’s not a bad collection of programs with which to compete. Let’s not forget that the B10, even with the defectors, is not full of killers.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Might as well add Kansas and BYU as well for 16.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The irony of a Big 12 merger making sense if college basketball still mattered isn't lost on me

Now football wants to join the irrelevance
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    B1G sole focus right now is ND and apparently they're fine with standing pat if ND says no. UO/UW just not priorities at this time. I guess they believe they could add them whenever it suits them. Per Rittenberg.

I'd like to see a Pac10 add the cream of the Big12 and form the alliance that's being pushed with the ACC. Let the remains of the Big12 form a nice little conference.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

Profit for 15 years.

That’s actually not a bad idea. If the ACC can keep its current teams, that’s not a bad collection of programs with which to compete. Let’s not forget that the B10, even with the defectors, is not full of killers.
    Hey. It is simple. (Geography aside) Grab the remaining teams that the two Super Conferences are going to grab (except for ND) BUT DO IT NOW.

I get that Clemson, Miami, NC, V Tech, F SU might be better than the matching five from the Big/Pac 12 but just find the 14 most desirable from the Big 12/Pac Ten (and mountain west if there are any).

The ACC has tv markets and some damn good teams. The Pac has a tv market or two and a couple of nationally relevant teams. The Big 12 has some fertile recruiting grounds.

"We're Number 3!" "We're Number 3!"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The irony of a Big 12 merger making sense if college basketball still mattered isn't lost on me

Now football wants to join the irrelevance
    You still need conference cupcakes.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    They should move up the start of the regular to season to Aug. 20-24. Schedule in two byes for every team.

Have at least one coast-to-coast trip a year. It would be great to have Clemson play at UW, Miami play Oregon, classy points when Stanford plays Duke.

Play most games in your regional pod, etc.

Wake Forest vs. Oregon St. would be speshul.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've got people I can tailgate with in Florida, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the Carolinas. I'm down.

• Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I like the idea of pac 10 vs ACC in a championship game. I also like the idea of having a way to get out of the conference easily and inexpensively should the B1G come calling in a year or 2.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I honestly think the coast vs. coast aspect is the one thing that Pac and ACC powers can agree is a unique and marketable feature of their leagues.

Put on a frickin' spectacle. UCLA vs Minnesota is not intinsically more interesting than UW vs UNC.

True. But no one outside of their markets would care. Same as it ever was. The only difference is that you’re flying across the country 4 or more times. The ACC and PAC 12 will be mid majors when all of the dust settles, anyway. All their? big draws will eventually be scalped, Hi @Swaye, by either the Big 10, 12 or the SEC. That’s where the money lies.