Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

In more offbeat stuff I watched

I watched the entire first season of Arcane this weekend. It's fucking awesome.

Pisses me off that everything else I've seen in recent times just has shitty writing and poor characterization.

Hollywood is a joke now. I literally forgot what good writing looked like.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought this was about beating off.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I thought this was about beating off.

It can be
  • Options
    edited June 2022

I watched Roadhouse recently on Prime. That was great fucking writing.

My all time number one

I apologize about spinner talk. You are the man.
  • Options
    That being said arcane is super good
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,927
    Founders Club

Pisses me off that everything else I've seen in recent times just has shitty writing and poor characterization.

Like Yella, I recently watched Roadhouse yet again and loved every minute of it. Bad dialogue and all.

That being said, give My Mister five episodes and see if you get hooked. Superb writing, superb acting, superb directing, a slow-burn masterpiece.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like Yella, I recently watched Roadhouse yet again and loved every minute of it. Bad dialogue and all.

That being said, give My Mister five episodes and see if you get hooked. Superb writing, superb acting, superb directing, a slow-burn masterpiece.

I tried to suggest this show to @MrsSnow @DerekJohnson . But alas she doesn’t do subtitles.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I tried to suggest this show to @MrsSnow @DerekJohnson . But alas she doesn’t do subtitles.
    That opening theme song and visuals almost makes it look like a soap opera for women. It's totally mismatched to the show. But the show is pretty dark until the end of the 16th episode. I don't know your wife but can all but guarantee she'd like it.

It's so good that everything else I watch gets compared to it, and won't hold up against it.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKSnAQVsqLw

Some random quotes from YouTube comments section. Then I'll stop beating a dead horse, at least for awhile. (haha)

sevr0
    1 year ago
    This is art drama. It goes beyond escapism and entertainment. A rare minimalist and realist kdrama in a sea full of cliche stories. The greatest I've seen.

lxjiah
    8 months ago
    Can we talk about how IU can do rich, sassy to pitiful, numb and deep roles. Such an admirable actress

Abegail
    1 year ago
    If I only have one chance to recommend a series for a lifetime, that would definitely be My mister. I love it so much even i still feel the pain as if I watched it for the first time. Nothing compares to this, will surely be forever in my heart.

✨iuaena sta(rm)y✨
    11 months ago
    This drama is beyond everything... especially IU's acting. People who called her Lolita, she shouldn't be an actress in the beginning admired her acting and complimented her in the end. She's such a powerful actress..she should do more powerful roles. She really brings a character to life! Also owns that character !!

Jon
    7 months ago
    I normally hate watching anything with English subtitles, but this was a masterpiece from start to finish. IU was superb, a truly amazing actress. Will there ever be a series 2?

GenIUs Army Stay midzy shawool txt engene sunoo
    10 months ago
    She's the most powerful actress....her acting through her eyes , man damn🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Noel Ocenar
    1 year ago
    Brilliantly delivered. A masterpiece.

༄♥︎𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒂♥︎༄
    6 months ago
    I suffered a lot watching this drama, IU acting was superior.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Arcane is great. Honestly 99.9% of all regular shows are ass these days. Animated stuff is way better.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

Roadhouse has to be one of the cheesist 80s drama/action flicks. But god damn is it good. I watch it whenever its on.

Dalton's love interest in the film was 5'9" @Pitchfork51 . Dirty Dancing was Patrick's spinner phase, but by Roadhouse he had some game.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Roadhouse has to be one of the cheesist 80s drama/action flicks. But god damn is it good. I watch it whenever its on.

Dalton's love interest in the film was 5'9" @Pitchfork51 . Dirty Dancing was Patrick's spinner phase, but by Roadhouse he had some game.
    In real life, Patrick Swayze and Jimmy were actually close friends, from meeting during the filming of Roadhouse. I thought that was curious.
  • Options

She gets a pass. Gorgeous
  • Options
    edited June 2022

There's some seriously dumb dialogue in roadhouse. But it's a cheesy tongue in cheek thing. "Pain don't hurt"

And for the record im a flat 6 foot. 5'9 is totally legit in my book. I just joke about the spinner thing
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

There's some seriously dumb dialogue in roadhouse. But it's a cheesy tongue in cheek thing. "Pain don't hurt"

And for the record im a flat 6 foot. 5'9 is totally legit in my book. I just joke about the spinner thing
    They weren't trying too hardexcept with the lame love story.. The drama and dialogue with the doctor ("who's gonna protect them from you?!!!") hurts every time but I'm a sucker for that movie anyways. I'll watch it every time I see it on.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

They weren't trying too hardexcept with the lame love story.. The drama and dialogue with the doctor ("who's gonna protect them from you?!!!") hurts every time but I'm a sucker for that movie anyways. I'll watch it every time I see it on.
    I thought the chemistry between Swayze and Lynch was awful. And that line you quoted above was one of the worst. The Jimmy guy blows up Emmett's house and almost killed him, but she's upset at Dalton? Awful and nonsensical.

Still, the movie is in my top 10 all tim.
  • Options

chuck said:

I thought the chemistry between Swayze and Lynch was awful. And that line you quoted above was one of the worst. The Jimmy guy blows up Emmett's house and almost killed him, but she's upset at Dalton? Awful and nonsensical.

I'm not sure weather to upvote or downvote this. It wasn't about her. It was about him and Sam Elliott bro
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

I'm not sure weather to upvote or downvote this. It wasn't about her. It was about him and Sam Elliott bro
    What part of "the movie is in my top 10 all tim" do you not understand?