Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I wonder if Washington will join the Big 12

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,964
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I could see that happening, as disappointing as it would be. If I were the Big 12, I'd be reaching out to UW

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Big 10 or bust. Big 12 is just a bunch of leftovers. I could see Utah, Colorado, and the AZ schools going Big 12. They should be on the phones right now trying to land that.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think UW is a better fit for the BIG 10 but the Big 12 at least has more credibility than the pac right now.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I think UW is a better fit for the BIG 10 but the Big 12 at least has more credibility than the pac right now.

far more
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,491
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    Seems like the move if they can't get into the Big 10. Not really sure there will be options as the inland Pac schools are definitely going Big 12 and I'm sure Oregon State and Washington State are begging to make it happen too.

One thing with the Big 10/FOX to me is, if we're just doing this all for TV and money now, why not find a way to bring in UW and force out Northwestern? Same could be said for Purdue or Minnesota and Oregon, etc.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Seems like the move if they can't get into the Big 10. Not really sure there will be options as the inland Pac schools are definitely going Big 12 and I'm sure Oregon State and Washington State are begging to make it happen too.

One thing with the Big 10/FOX to me is, if we're just doing this all for TV and money now, why not find a way to bring in UW and force out Northwestern? Same could be said for Purdue or Minnesota and Oregon, etc.

You're acting like UW has more to offer than Northwestern
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I like the idea of kicking schools out of the conference. Makes to much sense for it to happen though.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I like the idea of kicking schools out of the conference. Makes to much sense for it to happen though.
    Would UW be the kicker or the kickee?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Bet UW and a couple others will eventually go to the Big10, but those schools will get the Rutgers treatment or worse…reduced revenues for a period of time or forever.

Good negotiation tactic by the Big10…take the LA schools at full price and the rest are screwed and you can play hardball negotiations with the ones you want.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

It sounds nice and would certainly help/force competitiveness. So it would be great for the fans. But for the fringe programs deciding to invest or not invest in programs, it brings too much risk into the equation if their guaranteed revenue stream could dry up quickly.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2022
    It does seem likely that the criteria for being included in a conference is likely to change in the new world... commitment to facilities, TV market presence and academic standing used to be the criteria for inclusion vs a cut of the conference pie, now you have to think conferences are going to need to find a way to kick our underperformers which has never been an easy thing to accomplish. Seems like forming a new super conference that is originated by the top schools and then invites in those key top 40 schools which are then split up into regional divisions that match up with the profile is the likely longer term solution in order to avoid the complication of the lawsuits that occur with trying to kick out the losers in the equation.

Existing TV contracts with the now prospering leagues makes junking the current system that much more complicated to form surviving entities that reflect the new world order.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yuck. Cant think of a single Big12 team i give a shit about.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Would UW be the kicker or the kickee?
    With Sloppy Tits…
    Abundance.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LawDawg1 said:

Pretty sad to think the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma is stronger than Pac 12 without SC and UCLA.

Big 12 without OU/Texas would be stronger even if the Pac still had USC/UCLA
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LawDawg1 said:

Pretty sad to think the Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma is stronger than Pac 12 without SC and UCLA.

Staff? True?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LawDawg1 said:

Oregon UW is always on prime time TV usually at noon-1. ABC or Fox.

Does anyone give a fuck about Oklahoma State playing Baylor?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm gonna hit up a tcu game this year. They are into that shit more than any pac school
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's going to be even better when the rest of the Pac12 South bolts for the big12, the big10 leaves UW/O at the proverbial movie theater waiting for a double date that's never going to happen and they are left out in the cold.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Washington would be foolish to join the Big 12. They should be making all the moves to make themselves attractive to the Big 10 as they can. They have the eyeballs and attractive early season road-trips for the traditional Big 10 teams. Who doesn’t want to try to catch a fish or plant their used up Bubble gum on a wall?

Now that I’ve read what I’ve wrote. They will probably end up in the Big 12.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022

I'm gonna hit up a tcu game this year. They are into that shit more than any pac school

No. Lol. Not even close.

Tcu has had a well documented attendance problem for a long time now.

https://www.tcu360.com/story/18757images-empty-stadium-causes-concern-embarrassment/

Let me know the last time Oregon, Utah, or even coug looked like this. Tcu routinely plays games at home (Texas, Baylor, tech, even fuckin smu) where it’s basically a neutral site venue.