Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:
    She thinks UW will be the tallest midget now and that somehow is a good thing? No way she has actually insider info and is being cryptic about UW following suit.
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2022
    I can't wait to figure out what scrub teams the PAC-12 will recruit into the conference. Any predictions?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

I can't wait to figure out what scrub teams the PAC-12 will recruit into the conference. Any predictions?

If UW and Oregon manage to get a pity invite to the B1G the PAC will fold or become the new and improved MWC by bringing in the top-4 teams from the MWC. Hopefully the LA schools signaled this was coming to UW prior to it leaking or that's a really bad sign.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    TXDawg said:

Oregon/UW to Big 10
    Arizona + Mountain schools to Big 12
    Stanford likely independent but TBD
    Cal/Oregon St/Wazzu merge with the Mountain West

ND likely to the Big 10

Big 10 gets to 20 (4 pods of 5) … 20th program TBD
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    Founders Club

TXDawg said:

If UW and Oregon manage to get a pity invite to the B1G the PAC will fold or become the new and improved MWC by bringing in the top-4 teams from the MWC. Hopefully the LA schools signaled this was coming to UW prior to it leaking or that's a really bad sign.
    I could see Oregon, but the second school would come out of Big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma State, maybe even Iowa State. They're not going to ask Washington to join. There not going to admit a team with a program and a fanbase in a death spiral. Even Utah probably has a better chance of getting in than Washington. We ain't such a big fish anymore.

On the flip side, if Oregon doesn't get an invite because of us, that'll be our biggest win over them in 20 years.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Any thoughts on this @sonics1993?
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766

Oregon fans, sell me on why a conference wants you? Very difficult stadium to get to, no TV market, track record of negative recruiting and going to throw money at kids to overpay recruits that just drives up the cost for everyone.

Obviously Phil can buy them in but all his shit just benefits one program and fucks the others.

Well said. Nike/Knight continues to poison everything that was honest and beautiful about college sports. Oregon is a draw, but their corruption sickens the ecosystem around them. Just do it.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

Oregon/UW to Big 10
    Arizona + Mountain schools to Big 12
    Stanford likely independent but TBD
    Cal/Oregon St/Wazzu merge with the Mountain West

ND likely to the Big 10

Big 10 gets to 20 (4 pods of 5) … 20th program TBD
    This seems reasonable. I can't imagine Cal holding onto football for the MWC.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

I could see Oregon, but the second school would come out of Big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma State, maybe even Iowa State. They're not going to ask Washington to join. There not going to admit a team with a program and a fanbase in a death spiral. Even Utah probably has a better chance of getting in than Washington. We ain't such a big fish anymore.

On the flip side, if Oregon doesn't get an invite because of us, that'll be our biggest win over them in 20 years.
    UW has a media market. That's the only hope.
    14th largest media market in the U.S.
    TV revenue is a huge part of these moves.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2022

Oregon fans, sell me on why a conference wants you? Very difficult stadium to get to, no TV market, track record of negative recruiting and going to throw money at kids to overpay recruits that just drives up the cost for everyone.

Obviously Phil can buy them in but all his shit just benefits one program and fucks the others.

Rent free. Oregon is the only National Brand in the Pac-10.
  • DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I'm no duk fan but Oregon gives them Phil, Nike, The entire Oregon TV Market, and a recent powerhouse program. It would certainly improve their bargaining power for the next TV contract.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Define what you even mean by national brand and what it pays off for please?

Notre Dame is the only national brand that really matters and it becomes more and more of a stretch by year. BYU weirdly maybe is the second closest.

Anyway, long-term, Washington's two likely outcomes are becoming the Northwestern/Vanderbilt of a super conference or becoming some kind of weird relic in a gloried Mountain West and taking the upper decks off of Husky Stadium. Let's hope it's the first option. Oregon continues to be the Dan Bilzerian of college football basically paying chicks to hang out and take pictures with them.
  • DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

The main driver in all of this is TV market size. Waco, Stillwater, Ames or Seattle. Which market is bigger?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

😆