Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's your kid's favorite musical artist (s)?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
At first it looked like Queen might emerge as Little Piss 1.0's (age 8) favorite rock band. I fucking hate Queen these days so this was bumming me out.

But after discovering Thunderstruck from some stupid football hype videos he started to go down the AC/DC rabbit hole. I explained that Thunderstruck, however, is for simpletons like @SECDAWG .

Alas, Highway to Hell and T.N.T. are the current favs.

P.S. @dflea Lil Piss is almost taller than you.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My son discovered metal and other hard rock forms at about 8-9. It actually started with Alice in Chains and he is the one who got me to finally listen to their full albums about 20 years after they came out. I actually only knew their radio songs prior to that. Now I'd say that AIC is the one band that we both put in our top 5.

He's 22 now and mostly listens to metal but he's always discovering rock songs from the 70s-90s that I somehow missed. His taste is really solid. He's still a fucktard but listens to good music.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,255
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Youngest daughter is really into music (son-in-law is an audio engineer)…mostly Tool, 9 inch Nails, Danzig. Bought her Soundgarden tix 3-4 times for gifts, at her request. They had 3 metal bands play their reception, at the Showbox. She is metal, but also likes some funk. Has seen Parliament, and put her old geezer dad onto RATM…

Older one is all over the place (in music and life)
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    My two oldest ask to hear rock and roll which has mostly consisted of Van Halen, Megadeth, and Metallica, of late.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

My two oldest ask to hear rock and roll which has mostly consisted of Van Halen, Megadeth, and Metallica, of late.

It's funny how metal appeals to young kids when given a chance. It's way, way better for them than most of the alternatives too.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm starting them off with AC/DC and Van Halen. Metallica and Megadeth are just too much for an 8 year old. Although @Swaye probably plays Master of Puppets in the car for FRANNY!!
    Mine are 4 and 2. Never too young to start with the stuff that's clean.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My 8 year old is into the Scorpions and my 11 year Old is in to Alice In Chains. I can die a proud man tomorrow

History is back - i.e., no more Winds of Change. Can't be letting the kids listen to Scorps.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flynt Flossy, Limozeen, etc.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm starting them off with AC/DC and Van Halen. Metallica and Megadeth are just too much for an 8 year old. Although @Swaye probably plays Master of Puppets in the car for FRANNY!!
    Live look at Franny in a few years:

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

My 8 year old is into the Scorpions and my 11 year Old is in to Alice In Chains. I can die a proud man tomorrow

History is back - i.e., no more Winds of Change. Can't be letting the kids listen to Scorps.
    He hasn’t been corrupted by that song. Lovedrive and Animal Magnetism so far
  • Options

Requesting the camera turned on when ‘Lil Piss asks, “Hey, Dad, what is “Whole Lotta Rosie” about?”
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Fishpo31 said:

Youngest daughter is really into music (son-in-law is an audio engineer)…mostly Tool, 9 inch Nails, Danzig. Bought her Soundgarden tix 3-4 times for gifts, at her request. They had 3 metal bands play their reception, at the Showbox. She is metal, but also likes some funk. Has seen Parliament, and put her old geezer dad onto RATM…

Pics? Sounds like a real firecracker.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

Requesting the camera turned on when ‘Lil Piss asks, “Hey, Dad, what is “Whole Lotta Rosie” about?”
    I’ll be like, son, “a whole lotta woman is great, just don’t go whaling and keep the BMI sub 25”.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    This all sounds like a load of bs.

Although I really liked tool in 6th grade when I did bass lessons. Dude who taught me was just high as fuck and made me learn all the riffs from lateralus lol
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Live look at Franny in a few years:

That’s when u know she’s ready

• Options

Fishpo31 said:

Pics? Sounds like a real firecracker.
    No pics…like a true metal head, she’s tatted up, and I do not want to fight Swaye…
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    https://youtu.be/q2XE4ZN0bhk

Boy was way into this around 16 (couple years ago). And also this:

https://youtu.be/OOvKDJ--B_s