Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I hate money...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not 1k, closer to $250.

Last year they ran a promotion about donating $100 bucks and getting Tyee benefits. I call, and ask if that includes the opportunity to purchase an E1 parking pass. Nope. So not tyee benefits. I went on the market and found someone in Tyee who would not be driving, and had them pick up a pass for me. UW still got the $250 for the pass, but missed out on additional money I would have given for the right to purchase a pass. And yes, the lot is easily half empty with the exception of cuog or dcuks.

If you know anyone who is retired from the UW they should get free parking on campus as well, even on game day at someplace like the garage under red square or outer lots near like the Burke.

Before you pile on I've been clear I hate money and have no life.

A friend of mine who is a former player was the Husky Legend for a game a few years ago. UW GAVE HIM FREE PARKING AT A DORM GARAGE AND HE AND HIS FAMILY HAD TO WALK ABOUT THREE MILES TO THE FUCKING STADIUM.

100% true story.
    That is fucking insane. The Husky Legend should have a party bus or SUV driving them to where they want for that day.
    This or maybe make use of the fucking lake 100 yards from Husky Stadium and charter a boat for them. Put them on different Argosy boats as a treat for fans instead of them walking through campus and fans saying “is that so and so?”

Unless it’s some like Mickens or P-Salm. Make them walk.
    Agree Nacho Libre, but Derek said the guys had to park 3 miles away so I kept it on the road. Fuck, get me a helicopter and let’s get the Husky Legends traveling by air, land, and sea.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It's not 1k, closer to $250.

Last year they ran a promotion about donating $100 bucks and getting Tyee benefits. I call, and ask if that includes the opportunity to purchase an E1 parking pass. Nope. So not tyee benefits. I went on the market and found someone in Tyee who would not be driving, and had them pick up a pass for me. UW still got the $250 for the pass, but missed out on additional money I would have given for the right to purchase a pass. And yes, the lot is easily half empty with the exception of cuog or dcuks.

If you know anyone who is retired from the UW they should get free parking on campus as well, even on game day at someplace like the garage under red square or outer lots near like the Burke.

Before you pile on I've been clear I hate money and have no life.

A friend of mine who is a former player was the Husky Legend for a game a few years ago. UW GAVE HIM FREE PARKING AT A DORM GARAGE AND HE AND HIS FAMILY HAD TO WALK ABOUT THREE MILES TO THE FUCKING STADIUM.

100% true story.
    That is fucking insane. The Husky Legend should have a party bus or SUV driving them to where they want for that day.
    This or maybe make use of the fucking lake 100 yards from Husky Stadium and charter a boat for them. Put them on different Argosy boats as a treat for fans instead of them walking through campus and fans saying “is that so and so?”

Unless it’s some like Mickens or P-Salm. Make them walk.

That's exactly what happened.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Alexis said:

But I am also a pour, so while I have been one of the idiots that have kept my season tickets for the last 4 decades (8 tickets currently) I don't nut up the Tyee donor money.
    Since the beginning of time, we have chartered a bus to the games. Back in the day, there were at least 60 other charter busses, all parked on the south side of the stadium. The last couple of years it has been our bus and maybe 2 others stuck up by the E-1 lot. The rate this year for the bus has almost doubled, making the cost not worth it finally. So I called the ticket office yesterday checking out other options. As I have never driven to a game, (And I am semi-retarded) parking at a UW home game is a foreign concept to me. I knew that the south side lot was for the high rollers, so the chance of being allowed to park my 1993 Toyota Camry over there was going to be a long shot but figured I'd give it the old, hey I got 8 tickets for 45 years, help a brother out angle and see what happens. But when that didn't work I figured I could at least get a few passes for the North lot and we could carpool there like the regular folks.

Gal at the office, Nikki, tells me no, South and North lots are only for Tyee. So I says, the North lot, that was never more than 1/3 full last year, can only be used by Tyee donors now? She says yes.

I say, well, considering I'm sure Husky Stadium is a hot ticket right now, you won't have any problems and it makes sense you can tell all the average remaining fans to fuck off. Good luck.

CSB I know, but am I the only one who didn't know that E-1 was tyee only supposedly. Or was this gal just dumb.

It’s Tyee only

I inquired a few years ago what it would cost to get a Tyee pass … it was Tyee donation + $1k if I recall correctly

Wasn’t even close to worth it

The AD is beyond fucking stupid at this point
    Stub Hub is your friend for parking.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Alexis said:

But I am also a pour, so while I have been one of the idiots that have kept my season tickets for the last 4 decades (8 tickets currently) I don't nut up the Tyee donor money.
    Since the beginning of time, we have chartered a bus to the games. Back in the day, there were at least 60 other charter busses, all parked on the south side of the stadium. The last couple of years it has been our bus and maybe 2 others stuck up by the E-1 lot. The rate this year for the bus has almost doubled, making the cost not worth it finally. So I called the ticket office yesterday checking out other options. As I have never driven to a game, (And I am semi-retarded) parking at a UW home game is a foreign concept to me. I knew that the south side lot was for the high rollers, so the chance of being allowed to park my 1993 Toyota Camry over there was going to be a long shot but figured I'd give it the old, hey I got 8 tickets for 45 years, help a brother out angle and see what happens. But when that didn't work I figured I could at least get a few passes for the North lot and we could carpool there like the regular folks.

Gal at the office, Nikki, tells me no, South and North lots are only for Tyee. So I says, the North lot, that was never more than 1/3 full last year, can only be used by Tyee donors now? She says yes.

I say, well, considering I'm sure Husky Stadium is a hot ticket right now, you won't have any problems and it makes sense you can tell all the average remaining fans to fuck off. Good luck.

CSB I know, but am I the only one who didn't know that E-1 was tyee only supposedly. Or was this gal just dumb.

It’s Tyee only

I inquired a few years ago what it would cost to get a Tyee pass … it was Tyee donation + $1k if I recall correctly

Wasn’t even close to worth it

The AD is beyond fucking stupid at this point
    Stub Hub is your friend for parking.
    If we’re being totally honest, Jimmy Lake being the head coach is good for parking