Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Old habits die hard - creepy edition

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,696
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://si.com/college/2022/06/14/miami-nil-inquiry-ncaa-john-ruiz

Alabama and Texas and the SEC are buying million dollar lineups so its time to put Miami on probation

Some things never change

Look for UW to be next

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    I thought you were exaggerating. How ridiculous.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Alabama and Texas pay players the right way!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,550
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2022
    it seems obvious that big time teams are going to evolve into a player payroll of 20 million annually and a coaching payroll of another 20 million a year for football alone. Basketball may be similar but has quite a different cash flow structure based on attendance and TV contracts and I think that the big question is how they reconcile the title 9 issues, if they even apply (they probably don't within this context is my guess)

The TV people will obviously impact the equation as well... they are going to want to make tiered payments based on the competitive level of the teams and leagues... one off deals with individual teams like Notre Dame? seems likely.

Thank Gawd we have Karen Ramming and the talent rich creative thought process administration that we have ~ otherwise i would feel like the UW would not be a player at all in the new world.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

it seems obvious that big time teams are going to evolve into a player payroll of 20 million annually and a coaching payroll of another 20 million a year for football alone. Basketball may be similar but has quite a different cash flow structure based on attendance and TV contracts and I think that the big question is how they reconcile the title 9 issues, if they even apply (they probably don't within this context is my guess)

The TV people will obviously impact the equation as well... they are going to want to make tiered payments based on the competitive level of the teams and leagues... one off deals with individual teams like Notre Dame? seems likely.

Thank Gawd we have Karen Ramming and the talent rich creative thought process administration that we have ~ otherwise i would feel like the UW would not be a player at all in the new world.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2022
    The last time the Ncaa came sniffing Donna Shalala bitch slapped them back to Indianapolis.

Is anyone afraid of the NCAA? They created this mess, and even @GrandpaSankey saw the implications.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Don't wait til they blast us for paying for visits during covid
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

Is anyone afraid of the NCAA?

AMC (ILTCHT) looks like she’d throw down.