Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So I was at a bar...

Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Actually, I was at a retirement party last night for a friend, attorney, Tyee, 50+ year season ticket holder. He wore a velvet purple (NOT lavender) sport coat, all decorations UW. People got up to speak about him, and his childhood BF had the line of the night..."We have made a pact to meet up every time the Huskies play UCLA in Pasadena, because that is the only way we will get back to the Rose Bowl in our lifetimes"...csb

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just there in 2018.

Fucking Utah made it last year. Jesus Christ wtf is wrong with people.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Just there in 2018.

You do realize the Pac-12 changed the rules and the top 2 teams play in the CCG instead of North and South winners

I know it was a bitch to have to beat Beavs, Bears, Cougs, Cardinal and Ducks yearly to win the North and play for the title in Las Vegas, but he degree of difficulty has went up.

try to keep up
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

You do realize the Pac-12 changed the rules and the top 2 teams play in the CCG instead of North and South winners

I know it was a bitch to have to beat Beavs, Bears, Cougs, Cardinal and Ducks yearly to win the North and play for the title in Las Vegas, but he degree of difficulty has went up.

try to keep up
    Yeah dude with the new rules it's going to be really hard to get into the top 2 in the Pac 12.

Do you even watch all the Pac 12 games?

Or do you just sit and puncture your UW AD voodoo doll because they raised your fucking seat prices?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up
    Yeah dude with the new rules it's going to be really hard to get into the top 2 in the Pac 12.

Or do you just sit and puncture your UW AD voodoo doll because they raised your fucking seat prices?
    You think it's going to be easier not getting to play those 5 teams every year? Cal and Stanford are going to fall out of the yearly rotation, which means unless you think we are going to get UA and Colorado in their place permanently it's now tougher Einstein.

Additionally, since I think the new Pac-12 commish gets it, Guess which two teams ARE NOT going to have to play each other every year so 1 and or both have a better chance to be in the top two...... SC plus your (and god's) team UTAH

Keep trying. Logic and Deductive Reasoning aren't always easy.

Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

You think it's going to be easier not getting to play those 5 teams every year? Cal and Stanford are going to fall out of the yearly rotation, which means unless you think we are going to get UA and Colorado in their place permanently it's now tougher Einstein.

Additionally, since I think the new Pac-12 commish gets it, Guess which two teams ARE NOT going to have to play each other every year so 1 and or both have a better chance to be in the top two...... SC plus your (and god's) team UTAH

The North has been better than the South almost every goddamn year.

Down Stanford and mediocre Cal probably have the most upsets of top 2-3 finishers. Beavlet not far behind them. WSU weirdly competitive for what they are.

Now compare that to what the South has been.

Lol SC getting to avoid Utah? lol wtf, you think the conference sees Utah that way? Whittingham has a few more seasons left at most, he's not completing his new deal.

This is the biggest pile of loser talk I've ever seen about a conference like the Pac 12.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Down Stanford and mediocre Cal probably have the most upsets of top 2-3 finishers. Beavlet not far behind them. WSU weirdly competitive for what they are.

Lol SC getting to avoid Utah? lol wtf, you think the conference sees Utah that way? Whittingham has a few more seasons left at most, he's not completing his new deal.

This is the biggest pile of loser talk I've ever seen about a conference like the Pac 12.
    Past performance is not an indication of future results
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Ehhh, it’s the best predictor tho. Does high school football not matter? How about a player’s college production going into the pros?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Ehhh, it’s the best predictor tho. Does high school football not matter? How about a player’s college production going into the pros?
    Yes, but in this case, @Tequilla is right. Saying the South has been historically bad, so they will continue to be is a mistake. USC just started taking football seriously again, Arizona seems to at least be taking NIL seriously, and you never know when UCLA or ASU will try to catch up. Meanwhile, I know of at least one forum that's 81% dedicated to trashing UW's refusal to pay players and compete, Cal and Stanford want no part of it, Beavis is Beavis, and Mike Leach ain't walking through that door anytime soon.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

The joke went right over your head … consider yourself whooshed
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Arizona sucks. ASU is a national dumpster fire at this point. No one but me thinks UCLA will be good. Utah lost to San Diego State and Beavlet, they aren't amazing. SC is a wild card.

There is no way to argue that not playing all the north teams in the future is some murderer's row toward just getting into the top 2 in this conference.

Spare me the corporate platitudes.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

The joke went right over your head … consider yourself whooshed
    LOL. Joke. Sure.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The South is USC and Utah. Zero depth after that.
    Swaye's Wigwam

The South is USC, maybe. Zero depth after that.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The South is USC and Stanford. Zero depth after that.

FTFY

Also, it's the 2 top regardless of division now, so whatever.gif
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    jesus christ clean it up guys
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up
    The PAC 12 north has had a significantly better record over the South since it was the PAC 10.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Arizona sucks. ASU is a national dumpster fire at this point. No one but me thinks UCLA will be good. Utah lost to San Diego State and Beavlet, they aren't amazing. SC is a wild card.

There is no way to argue that not playing all the north teams in the future is some murderer's row toward just getting into the top 2 in this conference.

Au contraire mon taré... I think UCLA will win 9+ games this year
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

Just there in 2018.

try to keep up

Yep now I remember why you are a foolish doog
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

The South is USC and Utah. Zero depth after that.

Eh true. The rest is really bad.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Just there in 2018.

We are not serious about football. See Jen Cohen for reference.