Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,809
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If history repeats itself, all but 2 will decommit. Somehow I have slightly more confidence in this staff

At least this time it's not some peer pressure shitshow at the Ram
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Coach’s seem to at least value their time and not waste it on kids they probably didn’t have a chance with.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If history repeats itself, all but 2 will decommit. Somehow I have slightly more confidence in this staff

You mean because they won't beg kids to just say they're committed for the pub when everyone knows better?

Tosh was mostly a shit show at UW. I know he has killed it elsewhere as a recruiter but he wasn't doing it here.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What an amazing doog moment.

Elijah Qualls remained and graduated
    Lavon Coleman remained and graduated
    Demorea Stringfellow remained but transferred
    Andrew Basham remained committed but was a non-qualifier

Caleb Tucker decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Daeshon Hall decommitted
    Rasheed Johnson decommitted
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Caleb Tucker decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Daeshon Hall decommitted
    Qualls came through for UW but was a huge academic risk. Pretty sure he would have been looking sound too but UW was the only place that stood by him.

Basham was never a threat to actually qualify. Coleman was mediocre. Stringfellow was a good player but hated 12s too much to stick around.

Did Lupoi bring in any other good DL? I can't remember any. One good player who was mostly ignored by the blue bloods and one LB/RB who he snagged from his Cal commits. That was his contribution. And people here and at doogman were clamoring for him to be retained. I never got it.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Caleb Tucker decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Daeshon Hall decommitted
    Qualls came through for UW but was a huge academic risk. Pretty sure he would have been looking sound too but UW was the only place that stood by him.

Basham was never a threat to actually qualify. Coleman was mediocre. Stringfellow was a good player but hated 12s too much to stick around.

Did Lupoi bring in any other good DL? I can't remember any. One good player who was mostly ignored by the blue bloods and one LB/RB who he snagged from his Cal commits. That was his contribution. And people here and at doogman were clamoring for him to be retained. I never got it.
    That whole "recruiting dream team" Sark brought in never really did shit at UW.

Tosh brought in Qualls and maybe Mathis. Both were extreme academic risks and didn't really have many other schools going hard after them. The only other guy of note was Pio Vatuvei, who had been dropped by SC and then got kicked off the team the first year he was here. He may have helped get Vea interested in UW but was long gone before Vita came to UW. Shelton's parents forced him to go to UW. Tani Tupou had no other offers.

Peter Sirmon brought in no one of note. Victor and Bierria were fairly under the radar guys

The db coach who has coached everywhere in the pac 12 brought in a bunch of guys who left UW pretty quickly. Jermaine Kelly was his big recruiting win.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tosh did get Shaq. But yeah everything else I agree.

Also, that stupid Jordan Payton recruitment and resulting violation… lol.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Caleb Tucker decommitted
    Poasi Moala decommitted
    Daeshon Hall decommitted

That whole "recruiting dream team" Sark brought in never really did shit at UW.

Tosh brought in Qualls and maybe Mathis. Both were extreme academic risks and didn't really have many other schools going hard after them. The only other guy of note was Pio Vatuvei, who had been dropped by SC and then got kicked off the team the first year he was here. He may have helped get Vea interested in UW but was long gone before Vita came to UW. Shelton's parents forced him to go to UW. Tani Tupou had no other offers.

Peter Sirmon brought in no one of note. Victor and Bierria were fairly under the radar guys

The db coach who has coached everywhere in the pac 12 brought in a bunch of guys who left UW pretty quickly. Jermaine Kelly was his big recruiting win.
    It all starts at the top. Sarkisian recruited like a retard. Sirmon and Lupoi probably would have killed it at UW under a real coach. I make fun of Tosh now but he has been a recruiting machine everywhere except UW.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tosh also essentially landed Vea, he was all UW when Petersen took over. Bare minimum give him Shaq, Vea, Mathis that’s a str
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Jimmy lakes first class averaged 88.3 and we wanted to run him out of town on a rail. KDB average went DOWN today to 86.03 and we celebrating like we won something.

It ain’t hard to roll up commits from a bunch of 86’s whose other offers were G5 and the bottom feeders of the power 5

You all have compromised your standards. This shit ain’t good. Ain’t nearly good enough
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,165
    Founders Club
    Doug said:

Jimmy lakes first class averaged 88.3 and we wanted to run him out of town on a rail. KDB average went DOWN today to 86.03 and we celebrating like we won something.

It ain’t hard to roll up commits from a bunch of 86’s whose other offers were G5 and the bottom feeders of the power 5

You all have compromised your standards. This shit ain’t good. Ain’t nearly good enough

I like seeing the uptick but I haven't celebrated anything. I've been saying how none of this is good enough for a long time.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,460
    Doug said:

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Doug said:

I like seeing the uptick but I haven't celebrated anything. I've been saying how none of this is good enough for a long time.
    You are so brave
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,165
    Founders Club

Doug said:

You are so brave
    I'm glad you finally realize it