Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Five Most Important Recruits for Oregon Football in the 2023 Class

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

In other news. Mario loading up on 3*. Maybe it’s Oregon?

He's getting fucked by Herbie. Who the shit would go play for the guy who wasted the best young talent in the NFL?
    I'm not jumping into this except to just say, again, this is the new narrative that showed up after he left.

The idea that a great coach would have taken Oregon to a national title because Herbert has blown up in the NFL is simplistic and wishful thinking. Herbert at Oregon < than Herbert at Sand Diego. For one thing, his receiving corp. at Oregon was, at best, ok. Herbert also didn't play defense.

He got you a Rose Bowl. I would just say thanks and root against Miami.
    Fouts didn't even get a Rose Bowl

Or beat Sonny

But he was a great QB in the NFL
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

trublue said:

haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Now that Mario is back with a classy school he's joined me in living rent free in your head.
    The “classy school” Washington split a National Championship with when you were 4-years-old.
    Did you enjoy the 1/2 Natty back in 1991?
    Imagine being such a loser that you try to downgrade an undefeated team that skull dragged everyone. Not quite like the 94 Oregon sqwad

It must be awkward for you to cheerlead for Miami who you claim deserved that 91 championship only to have your former coach leave for them, mid season, when they haven't done anything in their own division even.

Embarrassing quooks are embarrassing.
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

Now that Mario is back with a classy school he's joined me in living rent free in your head.
    The “classy school” Washington split a National Championship with when you were 4-years-old.
    Imagine being such a loser that you try to downgrade an undefeated team that skull dragged everyone. Not quite like the 94 Oregon sqwad

It must be awkward for you to cheerlead for Miami who you claim deserved that 91 championship only to have your former coach leave for them, mid season, when they haven't done anything in their own division even.

UW best HC since James quit on your school.

But Mario!

GD you are dumb.
    He still works for/with the school.
    Impressive. How’s he doing since he bailed on the head coaching position? What his new position?

I’ll I ever hear is you bitching about Pete, how he quit on the program . . .
    Pete quit UW because he finally realized that the upper campus doesn't give a shit about football. Should have stayed a BSU. An actual football school.
    Weak as fuck even for a quck
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

He's getting fucked by Herbie. Who the shit would go play for the guy who wasted the best young talent in the NFL?
    I'm not jumping into this except to just say, again, this is the new narrative that showed up after he left.

The idea that a great coach would have taken Oregon to a national title because Herbert has blown up in the NFL is simplistic and wishful thinking. Herbert at Oregon < than Herbert at Sand Diego. For one thing, his receiving corp. at Oregon was, at best, ok. Herbert also didn't play defense.

Nice strawman, Creep.

Please point out a single poster who suggested the “idea that a great coach would have taken Oregon to a national title because Herbert (blew) up in the NFL.”

The only criticism of the offense was running the Pistol, which involves using the QB as a running threat, when you have a classic pro style QB: Big body, big arm, high IQ & high football IQ.

Herbert was great at handing the ball off and not being used as a running option until the Rose Bowl. Cristobal wanted to win and win one way: with a massive O-Line and running the ball right at the D. Most of us did not realize that Cristobal was the defacto OC until he left.

Wish Cristobal well at Miami . . . Worked his ass off at Oregon; brought a lot of enthusiasm to the program; recruited hard; won a Rose Bowl; and most of all took the Oregon-Washington rivalry seriously, very seriously.

I’ve rooted against Warshington long before Haie was even thought of.

Maybe somebody can explain to Haie how the AP and UPI selected National Champions when he was in diapers. Washington was selected in one of the polls, while Miami was selected in the other.

BOTH teams were undefeated.
    edited June 2022

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

Or beat Sonny

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

Or beat Sonny

We’re going back 50+ years ago for a comparison, Race?

University of Oregon in the PAC-8 in 1972 vs. University of Oregon in 2019?

Fouts went from a pedestrian UO team in late 60’s-early 70’s to play for the San Diego Chargers, coached by Don Coryell (“Air Coryell”), an offensive genius who threw the ball ALOT.

I saw Coryell’s San Diego State teams (1961-72)) play in the 60’s. They threw the ball on virtually every single play.

He developed 4 QBs and sent them to NFL, best known were Don Horn, Dennis Shaw and Brian Sipe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Coryell
    Fouts’ senior year at UO, he was 2-5 in the PAC-8 (5-6 overall).
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

trublue said:

haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

haie said:

trublue said:

haie said:

46XiJCAB said:

UW best HC since James quit on your school.

But Mario!

GD you are dumb.
    He still works for/with the school.
    Impressive. How’s he doing since he bailed on the head coaching position? What his new position?

I’ll I ever hear is you bitching about Pete, how he quit on the program . . .
    Pete quit UW because he finally realized that the upper campus doesn't give a shit about football. Should have stayed a BSU. An actual football school.
    Weak as fuck even for a quck
    Quitters quit quitters. Even a dumbfuck like you knows that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

Or beat Sonny

dtd said:

46XiJCAB said:

Or beat Sonny

We’re going back 50+ years ago for a comparison, Race?

University of Oregon in the PAC-8 in 1972 vs. University of Oregon in 2019?

Fouts went from a pedestrian UO team in late 60’s-early 70’s to play for the San Diego Chargers, coached by Don Coryell (“Air Coryell”), an offensive genius who threw the ball ALOT.

I saw Coryell’s San Diego State teams (1961-72)) play in the 60’s. They threw the ball on virtually every single play.

He developed 4 QBs and sent them to NFL, best known were Don Horn, Dennis Shaw and Brian Sipe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Coryell
    I don't even have to try

#legend
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    There's one football school in the PNW.

The British had a nice run in the PNW too.