Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Pac-12 Temp Check and Jen Cohen Job Security

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
The boys take stock of the Pac-12 and provide a little new info into the current job security of Jen Cohen and the state of UW athletic department overall. A tip of the cap is given to Kyle Whittingham and Utah, while JoeE and Woolley bemoan Oregon's luck in getting to open their season against a downtrodden defending national champion Georgia team. Like a car traveling from Seattle to Olympia on half a tank of gas and a prayer, the podcast sputters across the finish line with cryptic jokes and elongated pauses while former Notre Dame players are Googled. Shout outs include @theknowledge (4 shout outs), Ruth Robbins, @dannarc, @Quietcowskee, @rodmansrage, @EwaDawg, @Auburndawg, @OreDawg, @doogville and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Pac-12-Temp-Check-and-Jen-Cohen-Job-Security-e1k4g95

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club

I really liked that you were so happy with the end of the podcast that you played the exit music before you were done.

Oh no are you kidding? Editing mistake
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Good podcast.

I agree with the thoughts on Utah, kind of.

They will keep the conference somewhat respectable but Oregon getting their ass kicked was an aberration.

SC, Oregon, UCLA, and UW taking them seriously isn't good for them long term. This is Year 1.

They needed a 4 win SC, 4 win UW, and then Oregon's coach selling his coach the day after tOSU to get that championship. Plus UCLA choked.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    edited June 2022
    Derek tried to kindly wrap it up around 7 times. The entire pod was an awkward pause with words occasionally sprinkled in.
  • SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 915
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Still a great listen. Moar
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The pitching coach can recruit really well. It's not football. Just get mashers in that sport.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    KIRO is pro-Cohen?
    Founders Club

KIRO is pro-Cohen?

Founders Club
    TXDawg said:

Love the podcast, but do us and yourselves a favor...stop worry about being negative. I enjoy the no bullshit talk of the bored and the pod. If I wanted to be a Jen Cohen fluffer, I'd head over to the GoDawgs or listen to the KIRO stream.

Here's the thing. We live in a stressful and troubled world. People turn to sports for entertainment and fun. Our podcast should be about following our team and having fun. But our program has been fucked up and we can't help but point these things out and be truthful. And it always devolves into a gripe session. I wish it wasn't so.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

TXDawg said:

Love the podcast, but do us and yourselves a favor...stop worry about being negative. I enjoy the no bullshit talk of the bored and the pod. If I wanted to be a Jen Cohen fluffer, I'd head over to the GoDawgs or listen to the KIRO stream.

Here's the thing. We live in a stressful and troubled world. People turn to sports for entertainment and fun. Our podcast should be about following our team and having fun. But our program has been fucked up and we can't help but point these things out and be truthful. And it always devolves into a gripe session. I wish it wasn't so.
    Thank you Jen Cohen
  • LargeMargeLargeMarge Guest Posts: 72
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Cohen probably on Amazon right now looking for leopard print sundresses
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2022

TXDawg said:

I'll speak for myself, and I'd be interested if others agree, the stress and trouble in the world comes from people trying to gaslight us and leaders who are disconnected from reality. So the straight talk of the bored and pod are a relief. I get what you're saying about not being a gripe session, so maybe work on your gallows humor? What are you gonna do, these are clowns running Husky Athletics.

Also, I don't mind when you digress off the topic of Husky football. The general shooting the shit is some of the best part of the pod. Maybe rank the best tailgate setups you've seen, the best bars in town to watch away games, play would you rather, or highlight the most delusional posts of the week from the bored. All that kind of shit is funny.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

Thank you Jen Cohen
    Noted plumber proclaims for Nth time that water is wet.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,058
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

TXDawg said:

Thank you Jen Cohen
    Noted plumber proclaims for Nth time that water is wet.
    What’s your beef with plumbers?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

I'll speak for myself, and I'd be interested if others agree, the stress and trouble in the world comes from people trying to gaslight us and leaders who are disconnected from reality. So the straight talk of the bored and pod are a relief. I get what you're saying about not being a gripe session, so maybe work on your gallows humor? What are you gonna do, these are clowns running Husky Athletics.

Also, I don't mind when you digress off the topic of Husky football. The general shooting the shit is some of the best part of the pod. Maybe rank the best tailgate setups you've seen, the best bars in town to watch away games, play would you rather, or highlight the most delusional posts of the week from the bored. All that kind of shit is funny.
    Derek: Couldn't agree more with tx's 1st paragraph, and imo is why the vast majority of posters are here and not at the other sites where it is nothing but sunshine and roses. You Joey and Willie get to articulate and blow off steam about the state of the program which is cathartic for the rest of us to hear. You said it yourself, your Podcast numbers are going up. The people are speaking.

Founders Club
    godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

Derek: Couldn't agree more with tx's 1st paragraph, and imo is why the vast majority of posters are here and not at the other sites where it is nothing but sunshine and roses. You Joey and Willie get to articulate and blow off steam about the state of the program which is cathartic for the rest of us to hear. You said it yourself, your Podcast numbers are going up. The people are speaking.

Okay fair enough.

Be sure to tune in to HCH's BitchfestPalooza -- coming this summer!!1!!
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

godawgst said:

TXDawg said:

TXDawg said:

Okay fair enough.

Be sure to tune in to HCH's BitchfestPalooza -- coming this summer!!1!!
    I’m completely ready for the airing of grievances.