Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

haie said:

It's a bad look for UW that he passed on us (as well as this entire group of 5 stars that apparently have planned this) and it's also true that he'll probably be a dead beat in Miami.

Wayne may suck, but like you said, the optics are bad.
    He’s not a real 5 star, but you take the chance because he has tools. He’s a good enough athlete to play DE or TE in college. He won’t actually get a chance to play at Bama or Georgia. He is better than Smalls, but it’s kind of a similar situation.
    Don’t disagree but maybe he has a big senior year. Honestly he is more impressive on offense.
    I hate the argument that he’s relying on his athleticism and the lack of passion automatically translates to college. If you are a mathematical genius and have to sit in the remedial class are you going to rely on effort or your genius?

People said this about Thibodeaux and he worked his ass off in college. Competition is exactly the antidote to relying on athleticism.

I am not saying he’s a sure thing but there’s really no such thing. At least with him, you’re not projecting physical attributes.

Georgia and Bama process their fair share of kids. It’s a numbers games.
    This isn’t true. A high motor is a skill and there are so few guys that just turn it on. He should be able to dominate at Lincoln simply by showing up. It’s not tough. The genius you speak of could pass the remedial class in his sleep.

That he isn’t dominating and is often JAG that looks impressive is not a good sign. The best precursor for future success is past production. You are spouting the bullshit that used to be spouted on board that high school doesn’t matter.
    I am not saying high school doesn’t matter. I’ve seen his highlight video. Does he look JAG outside of this? Thibodeaux got accused of taking plays off. I would take him 10x over.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He was a nobody against Stanwood. Let that sink in....
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fozzy, Smalls, Huard, JTT, the tub of goo who went to Oregon, this kid.

JTT will be the only one who lives up to his ranking.

There's still a sliver of hope for Huard in a 6th year granted by the NCAA to not throw 5 picks against WSU, but that's it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Oh look, 'Old Lives Matter' is upset again. Better go cry it out in the Tug bud.

Speaking of recruiting, I noticed that the Oregon OL the past 5 years I've been impressed with were all from Warshington, and were 3 stars. I think Meat out scouted Pete pretty good for a few cycles. But the qucks would never admit that, with him wiping his dick all over their school last year and all.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

There's still a sliver of hope for Huard in a 6th year granted by the NCAA to not throw 5 picks against WSU, but that's it.
    I’d actually bet on emeka being a higher impact player than JTT. But yea, any obsession over one kid is dumb. Most are busts (whether 3, 4, or 5 stars). Just stockpile as much talent as you can.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogville said:

haie said:

I’d actually bet on emeka being a higher impact player than JTT. But yea, any obsession over one kid is dumb. Most are busts (whether 3, 4, or 5 stars). Just stockpile as much talent as you can.
    Forgot about him. Yeah, Ohio State took the two who will probably do something.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Just close Anthony James, decommited from A&M, canceled his UF/A&M/Miami visits only has UW on June 24th scheduled.

BANG
    :snicker:
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

Just close Anthony James, decommited from A&M, canceled his UF/A&M/Miami visits only has UW on June 24th scheduled.

BANG
    :snicker:
    fat
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Watch his ranking plummet as he is no longer the biggest most athletic kid out there.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Watch his ranking plummet as he is no longer the biggest most athletic kid out there.

Why would you even want someone who's so obviously not a team player that you wonder what quarter of the Stanford game he'd take himself out of.

Was Bama in his top 4? A staff like that would grind this kid down in practice and then throw him on the bench until it's final 2 minutes of the Citadel game.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The last player I shit on going to IMG ended up at Cincinnati and is now, for the moment, on an NFL roster.
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Smart move by the kid. Impressed he’s willing to compete and move away a year early. Plus it lessens the sting of another in stater going somewhere else.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 746
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He obviously took Eklund’s comments to heart and he seeks to prove him at least 19% wrong.