Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2022
    The one 4* db who seemed to have interest in UW, Maliki Crawford, cancelled his visit for this weekend.

Instead, some low ranked o lineman is visiting
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Eklund said he doesn't expect in-state 4* CB Caleb Pressley to visit UW at all. He was supposedly there this week but it was "not a football-related visit". A couple months ago he was seen as a pretty big UW lean and now they can't even get him to spend the weekend there and get a free $300 dinner. Pretty pathetic.

I'm seeing 3 possibilities here with this staff
    1- they simply aren't concerned with recruiting because they arrogantly think that they can coach anyone up and think kids should be coming to them
    2) DeBoer is already regretting taking the UW job/ frustrated with NIL disadvantage and is not putting any extra effort into recruiting
    3) this staff actually has done their due diligence and thinks some of these low ranked guys are just as good or better than the high-ranked FSP guys.

Holy shit, it's all legal and in the open now and we STILL can't accept that the correct answer is

4.) DeBoner is working his ass off, cares a lot, and he and the staff are doing all they can, but they can't even get kids to answer the phone anymore after they ask what the cash offer is and DeBoner tells them the truth.
    Jersey sales for beer money doesn’t work?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Guess the only strategy going forward is to find kids in the portal who don't care about NIL
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    @KalenDeBoer:

No clue. Don’t care enough to figure it out. Unless it’s a NTD, BB 5 star.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 582
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Good news is we actually got a decent player. Bad news is this is just more ammo for the doogs to use for alleviation of their cognitive dissonance when recruiting inevitably is still shit going forward
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Leveling up mutha fuckas!

Woof woof woof!

GOOOOOOOOOO!!!11!!
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was told by @godawgst that the program is dead and we're going to be fighting over Idaho St's scraps.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

I was told by @godawgst that the program is dead and we're going to be fighting over Idaho St's scraps.

One verbal doesn’t make a class
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Another woof while you typed that.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

You’d cream yourself over any verbal at this point
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

You’d cream yourself over any verbal at this point
    Uh oh, this kid is only a 3 ⭐ 6'6 275 lineman.

Better go cry to coker about it, if he can be dragged away from the Jan 6 hearings.

Henning looks pretty athletic. I like that.

I dont like that he was reportedly heading to Utah but they dropped him. I also don't like that he looks like Lena Dunham

Makes sense given that he's supposed to be on a visit there right now.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

It does in Haie's and Doogman's world.

Fun little pen to paper exercise might be for Haie to tell us of all the commits (and transfers) since KB got here, how many he thinks move the needle and you win a Conf. Champ with

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

This is a really good get … so that’s great to see

I’d love to see a successful class

Yes it was. Hopefully we can keep him.

Interesting he decommitted from A&M since NIL they have blown up (aka paid up) in pulling high high end recruits.

Wonder if their/his commitment was subject to change depending on who else they could sign?

Henning looks pretty athletic. I like that.

I dont like that he was reportedly heading to Utah but they dropped him. I also don't like that he looks like Lena Dunham

A lot of the rumor stuff is bullshit. I actually feel pretty good about the OL recruiting because there is a 3 star from Washington that Oklahoma is going after hard and we don’t want him. Makes me believe we have some guys that the coaches like better.

I’ve always said, there are only so many guys that are truly beasts and Uber talented. Evaluation matters a lot. I know some say Pete’s first class was luck, but it was probably the best class he got. When we leveled up, we wouldn’t have been interested in a lot of guys that were great players.
    Could be that different offenses prioritize different types of OL. I think to Mike Leach and the OL he recruited for the Air Raid were different than what Pete ran. Leach's OL had wide splits and had to control an island whereas Pete would want OG that could pull and lead a RB. IDK who this kid is but there are always things like that.

But if UW lands Hatchett and another OL that they've offered this spring, then I'd be content. They only have 4 OVs from OL so far so 3 of those 4 would be a good class.