Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Yeah, the crazy Cuban prices have sorta' taken the fun/novelty (for me anyways) out of being able to tell people I've got real Cubans in my humidor. I can't justify those sorta' prices just for the excitement/novelty effect.

I've had the Davidoff's in my collection for about a month and last night I smoked one of the Churchills for the first time. It was amazing. I've been a little gun shy about adding Davidoff's to the collection because of the rep for being over-priced. While they are kinda' spendy, last night's smoke was worth every penny. Very mild cigar, but the smoke output was insane, and the consistency was a work of art. It was a seriously good smoke. I'm gonna have trouble resisting the urge to blaze through all of those over the next couple of weeks, while ignoring the rest of the stash.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

Yeah, the crazy Cuban prices have sorta' taken the fun/novelty (for me anyways) out of being able to tell people I've got real Cubans in my humidor. I can't justify those sorta' prices just for the excitement/novelty effect.

I've had the Davidoff's in my collection for about a month and last night I smoked one of the Churchills for the first time. It was amazing. I've been a little gun shy about adding Davidoff's to the collection because of the rep for being over-priced. While they are kinda' spendy, last night's smoke was worth every penny. Very mild cigar, but the smoke output was insane, and the consistency was a work of art. It was a seriously good smoke. I'm gonna have trouble resisting the urge to blaze through all of those over the next couple of weeks, while ignoring the rest of the stash.

Davidoffs are an absolute staple for me. Only people who complain about them being overpriced are the poors. Fuck those guys. Davidoffs are THE worldwide premium cigar for a reason. Even over Ashton, Padron and OpusX. Davidoff is the bar.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

DHD said:

Davidoffs are an absolute staple for me. Only people who complain about them being overpriced are the poors. Fuck those guys. Davidoffs are THE worldwide premium cigar for a reason. Even over Ashton, Padron and OpusX. Davidoff is the bar.
    Chief @Swaye has given me big heap 'em smoke advice over the past few years. I always do what the cigar store injun tells me to do.

Founders Club
    This is a great deal, as long as you don't mind having un-banded cigars "cluttering" your collection. The banded version of these go for about $80 a stick, so you're essentially getting them for 1/2 price by going with the un-banded version.

Here's the link:

https://perfectcigarblend.com/product/davidoff-royal-release-robusto-2-pack/

Here's the story on the cigar:

The Davidoff Royal Release Robusto is an amazing 5 1/2 x 55 beauty that was created for the palate that demands the best. The journey of this Royal Release Robusto takes 10 years from seed to finish and features an exclusive Aromatica Dominicana wrapper (not available on any other Davidoff).

The Royal Release Robusto is crafted by 8 of Davidoff’s finest rollers, each with at least 15 years of excellent experience.
    Founders Club
    Good deal. Here's a stick I've only had two of but they were both excellent - El Septimo. Kind of hard to find but they seem to be really epic super premiums. I am going to get a couple more from my guy soon and I will report back. Certainly a new super premium brand to keep an eye on.

https://www.el-septimo.com/
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Had a Diamond Crown (JC Neuman brand) Julius Caesar Robusto today. Was a Top 25 smoke back in like 2015.

It was decent but nothing special. Too tight on the draw a bit bland.

Founders Club

Had a Diamond Crown (JC Neuman brand) Julius Caesar Robusto today. Was a Top 25 smoke back in like 2015.

My Julius Ceasars are some of my favorite sticks. One of the few tims we've disagreed strongly on sticks. I love them.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

My Julius Ceasars are some of my favorite sticks. One of the few tims we've disagreed strongly on sticks. I love them.
    I’m not ready to disagree yet. I only had one.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Enjoying a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 right now on my patio, and remembering fun times on Yellow's street, BITD. Gonna grab me some @Swaye-class rum on my way out of town, tomorrow.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited June 2022
    Tried to get into the cigars never did.

On the east coast I picked up a smoking while drinking habit.

I moved away from that with the vape shit.

Happy I'm not down with the tobacco anymore tbh.

Although I never turn down a good cigar every few months lol. Had one of our independent sales reps take me to a cigar bar in Dallas a few months ago .
    Hot but a bit chubby. Still smashed. Then we ditched her lol

Actually kinda chubby. But I was drunk so fuck it.
    Founders Club
    Lots of holiday sales out there, but if you want 5-packs, this one is GREAT ... just went through and snagged a bunch of favorites. Some quality stuff there if you look hard enough.

https://www.cigarpage.com/july-fourth-fiver-fest.html

DHD said:

Lots of holiday sales out there, but if you want 5-packs, this one is GREAT ... just went through and snagged a bunch of favorites. Some quality stuff there if you look hard enough.

https://www.cigarpage.com/july-fourth-fiver-fest.html

My traveling humidor has Cigar Page stickers all over it. Looks something like a Pee-Chee from the 1970s.
    edited July 2022
    Dateline, Seattle, WA - Just finished an Oliva Maduro Serie G. Decent cigar, but not all that yummy.

Firing up an Alec Bradley Tempus Natural, while enjoying an iced whiskey and Kona coffee on the patio.

Life is good today, despite my stocks hitting 2015 levels yesterday.

Fuck You, Brandon. And eat my shit while you're at, President Pedo. (Wrong Thread?)
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dateline, Seattle, WA - Just finished an Oliva Maduro Serie G. Decent cigar, but not all that yummy.

Firing up an Alec Bradley Tempus Natural, while enjoying an iced whiskey and Kona coffee on the patio.

Life is good today, despite my stocks hitting 2015 levels yesterday.

Fuck You, Brandon. And eat my shit while you're at, President Pedo. (Wrong Thread?)

Yes, wrong thread.

I haven’t been overly impressed with my Oliva excursions.
    Thumbs up for the Alec Bradley Tempus Natural. Very nice, smooth cigar, great draw, good flavor.
    Founders Club
    All the Alec Bradley's I have had have been excellent. Oliva I have had very mixed results with. So mixed that I will not buy them.
    Swaye said:

All the Alec Bradley's I have had have been excellent. Oliva I have had very mixed results with. So mixed that I will not buy them.

I've had similar experiences with Upmanns, Monte Christos and even Henry Clays. Can't say I've had a shitty Oliva yet, just some too light on taste or a little dry so they burn too hot.

Because I'm white trash extraordinaire, I'll sometimes throw the ones I think are too dry in the produce drawer or deli tray for a few days, and they actually smoke pretty well after that.
    Founders Club

Two of my favorites lately. Both from Black Label Trading Co. Viaticum and Royalty. Have burned through a few of each of these and they've been outstanding. Smooth, consistent burn, lots of smoke and a nice long burn (90 minutes + out of each of them).