Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I hate money...

AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
But I am also a pour, so while I have been one of the idiots that have kept my season tickets for the last 4 decades (8 tickets currently) I don't nut up the Tyee donor money.
Since the beginning of time, we have chartered a bus to the games. Back in the day, there were at least 60 other charter busses, all parked on the south side of the stadium. The last couple of years it has been our bus and maybe 2 others stuck up by the E-1 lot. The rate this year for the bus has almost doubled, making the cost not worth it finally. So I called the ticket office yesterday checking out other options. As I have never driven to a game, (And I am semi-retarded) parking at a UW home game is a foreign concept to me. I knew that the south side lot was for the high rollers, so the chance of being allowed to park my 1993 Toyota Camry over there was going to be a long shot but figured I'd give it the old, hey I got 8 tickets for 45 years, help a brother out angle and see what happens. But when that didn't work I figured I could at least get a few passes for the North lot and we could carpool there like the regular folks.

Gal at the office, Nikki, tells me no, South and North lots are only for Tyee. So I says, the North lot, that was never more than 1/3 full last year, can only be used by Tyee donors now? She says yes.

I say, well, considering I'm sure Husky Stadium is a hot ticket right now, you won't have any problems and it makes sense you can tell all the average remaining fans to fuck off. Good luck.

CSB I know, but am I the only one who didn't know that E-1 was tyee only supposedly. Or was this gal just dumb.

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    Alexis said:

But I am also a pour, so while I have been one of the idiots that have kept my season tickets for the last 4 decades (8 tickets currently) I don't nut up the Tyee donor money.
    Since the beginning of time, we have chartered a bus to the games. Back in the day, there were at least 60 other charter busses, all parked on the south side of the stadium. The last couple of years it has been our bus and maybe 2 others stuck up by the E-1 lot. The rate this year for the bus has almost doubled, making the cost not worth it finally. So I called the ticket office yesterday checking out other options. As I have never driven to a game, (And I am semi-retarded) parking at a UW home game is a foreign concept to me. I knew that the south side lot was for the high rollers, so the chance of being allowed to park my 1993 Toyota Camry over there was going to be a long shot but figured I'd give it the old, hey I got 8 tickets for 45 years, help a brother out angle and see what happens. But when that didn't work I figured I could at least get a few passes for the North lot and we could carpool there like the regular folks.

Gal at the office, Nikki, tells me no, South and North lots are only for Tyee. So I says, the North lot, that was never more than 1/3 full last year, can only be used by Tyee donors now? She says yes.

I say, well, considering I'm sure Husky Stadium is a hot ticket right now, you won't have any problems and it makes sense you can tell all the average remaining fans to fuck off. Good luck.

CSB I know, but am I the only one who didn't know that E-1 was tyee only supposedly. Or was this gal just dumb.

Buying full season parking is Tyee. Single-game general public parking can be purchased on the day of the game. So if the lot is empty, you could buy single game parking.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Buying full season parking is Tyee. Single-game general public parking can be purchased on the day of the game. So if the lot is empty, you could buy single game parking.
    That's kind of what I figured. Good to know, but like was mentioned above, jeezus ticket office. How bout we at least pretend to give a damn about the gullible that want to give us money and maybe point that out.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not 1k, closer to $250.

Last year they ran a promotion about donating $100 bucks and getting Tyee benefits. I call, and ask if that includes the opportunity to purchase an E1 parking pass. Nope. So not tyee benefits. I went on the market and found someone in Tyee who would not be driving, and had them pick up a pass for me. UW still got the $250 for the pass, but missed out on additional money I would have given for the right to purchase a pass. And yes, the lot is easily half empty with the exception of cuog or dcuks.

If you know anyone who is retired from the UW they should get free parking on campus as well, even on game day at someplace like the garage under red square or outer lots near like the Burke.

Before you pile on I've been clear I hate money and have no life.
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

Last year they ran a promotion about donating $100 bucks and getting Tyee benefits. I call, and ask if that includes the opportunity to purchase an E1 parking pass. Nope. So not tyee benefits. I went on the market and found someone in Tyee who would not be driving, and had them pick up a pass for me. UW still got the $250 for the pass, but missed out on additional money I would have given for the right to purchase a pass. And yes, the lot is easily half empty with the exception of cuog or dcuks.

If you know anyone who is retired from the UW they should get free parking on campus as well, even on game day at someplace like the garage under red square or outer lots near like the Burke.

Makes you wonder if there are any AD employees who have taken a simple economics course.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    I just park for free and use light rail
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    The Padelford garage on the backside of the hill by the Burke-Gilman is a pretty good alternative
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Back in the day I'd park under Red Square and walk to the stadium on crisp fall days

Customer service appears to have become a foreign concept in a lot of areas these days. UW should be walking across broken glass to make it easy for the gullible to give them their money

Back in the day I used to park just West of I-5 in Wallingford. Free and good for beating traffic out of the area. Plus nothing like a pleasant stroll down the Burke to burn off a few tailgate beers.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nobody slips down Ravena in a kayak full of beer anymore?
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    E-1 will look like a ghost town for every game this year except for potentially Sparty and the amazing thing is their ticket sales and 50 years of car/people data tell them exactly that today, yet they will not bend whether it makes them money/goodwill/etc.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

A friend of mine who is a former player was the Husky Legend for a game a few years ago. UW GAVE HIM FREE PARKING AT A DORM GARAGE AND HE AND HIS FAMILY HAD TO WALK ABOUT THREE MILES TO THE FUCKING STADIUM.

100% true story.
    Who was the AD? Cohen, Pool Boy or other? My $ is on Cohen.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

A friend of mine who is a former player was the Husky Legend for a game a few years ago. UW GAVE HIM FREE PARKING AT A DORM GARAGE AND HE AND HIS FAMILY HAD TO WALK ABOUT THREE MILES TO THE FUCKING STADIUM.

100% true story.
    Who was the AD? Cohen, Pool Boy or other? My $ is on Cohen.
    Pretty sure it was Pool Boy
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

100% true story.
    That is fucking insane. The Husky Legend should have a party bus or SUV driving them to where they want for that day.
    Must not have an LGBTQ'ers in the family.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club

100% true story.
    That is fucking insane. The Husky Legend should have a party bus or SUV driving them to where they want for that day.
    This or maybe make use of the fucking lake 100 yards from Husky Stadium and charter a boat for them. Put them on different Argosy boats as a treat for fans instead of them walking through campus and fans saying “is that so and so?”

Unless it’s some like Mickens or P-Salm. Make them walk.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

100% true story.
    This or maybe make use of the fucking lake 100 yards from Husky Stadium and charter a boat for them. Put them on different Argosy boats as a treat for fans instead of them walking through campus and fans saying “is that so and so?”

Meh, Psalm would just take it as another opportunity to go naked and twirl his fire pole.

Founders Club
    TheHB said:

100% true story.

Meh, Psalm would just take it as another opportunity to go naked and twirl his fire pole.

I sometimes wonder if the person who made P-Salm’s highlight video was upset when P-Salm turned down the NFL for rugby.