Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete may have sold couch at a loss

LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
https://www.si.com/college/2022/06/22/chris-petersen-podcast-erik-korem-washington-resignation-boise-state-embarrassed

Should be chastised for his lack of fortitude. Or Applauded for getting his nut from Jen and then lighting Jimmys bag on fire.

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Honestly never thought he was happy with the move. Never got the impression he fully embraced husky football. I absolutely love him and would even do feet stuff for the guy. I'm generally a no go below the ankles, which I learned is haram from @PurpleBaze . Those three years were absolute doog boners and I loved every second. Sadly he wasn't able to overcome stuff as part of the gig, is no longer coaching, and if coaches again, won't likely be at UW.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    First two years were "numb" and "blurry". That explains why our offense sucked so bad.

Also, if I had a nickel for everyone who has said, “I’ll be a Husky for life, but..."
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

First two years were "numb" and "blurry". That explains why our offense sucked so bad.

Also, if I had a nickel for everyone who has said, “I’ll be a Husky for life, but..."

Remember the Hawaii game? Dude had to milk the clock like he was New Mexico State securing the upset.

Single handedly hamded Arizona a victory because "my dumb fuck system told me to give it to the back with no knees instead of just kneeling and punting and putting their win % at like .2"

2015 he lost to fucking Utah. At home! Fucking garage band fill in singer QB.

Then goes up like 21-0 against Todd Graham who then just destroys him in the 2nd half because his offensive philosophy assumes teams don't blitz your dink and dunl bullshit.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pete came to Washington to break through that G5 ceiling and show the nation that his methods worked and were the best in CFB.

Getting UW to the playoffs is an accomplishment few schools can claim, especially considering how we haven't done anything since 2000.

Once Pete saw what Alabama was like, he tried to elevate his game (esp recruiting) and that's what caused his burn out.

Going into 2019, he knew he was done.

After Alabama he went about it all wrong. Closed a bunch of soft players that Oregon and SC eat up 24/7.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hated Pete the first two years, but 2016 made it all gravy.

He will coach again somewhat soon. The bullshit about him helping businesses was always stupid. Pete has done nothing in his adult life but coach football. That’s his skill.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pete to Oregon after Lanning goes 3 - 9 this year.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    i think he was burnt out coaching at bjc, uw came calling, thought it would reinvigorate him, did for a bit, realized he couldnt/wouldnt compete against playoff teams, and then he again realized he hated coaching.
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2022
    Remember what Pete said when he was hired by the Huskies? What did he see himself doing in 10 years?

It wasn’t being the head coach at UW or aspiring to coach a more big-time Power 5 football program.

Look it up . . .

Don’t think any good coach is ready for the expectations of the Husky fans (Tyee folks) accompanied by a lack of support from the school’s Administration and an AD like Jen.

It helps to have the AD, Coach and fans on the same page and an Administration that at least stays out of the way.

edited June 2022

Pete came to Washington to break through that G5 ceiling and show the nation that his methods worked and were the best in CFB.

Getting UW to the playoffs is an accomplishment few schools can claim, especially considering how we haven't done anything since 2000.

Once Pete saw what Alabama was like, he tried to elevate his game (esp recruiting) and that's what caused his burn out.

Going into 2019, he knew he was done.

Pete had numerous opportunities to leave Boise State before he took the UW job.

He saw what happened to successful Boise State coaches that jumped to P5 schools too quick (or without being judicious) to P5 programs

Imagine if Pete was getting paid Don James money (ie non generational wealth). He’d have to grind it out like every other working stiff sleeping in the office drinking @MikeDamone approved Folgers covfefe.

First coach in PAC-10 to make $1M/year?

Rick Neuheisel, UW, 1999. The salaries exploded after that.

Pete to Oregon after Lanning goes 3 - 9 this year.

I wish . . . Fing Helfrich and the dinosaur staff he inherited.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I hated Pete the first two years, but 2016 made it all gravy.

He will coach again somewhat soon. The bullshit about him helping businesses was always stupid. Pete has done nothing in his adult life but coach football. That’s his skill.

Yep … I got the impression in that article that he will be back in the next 12-24 months for one last run