Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoffs this year are probably the most interesting in awhile

15678911»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Written in the stars I say

I think it happens tonight. Gonna be a good game. The championship experience will prevail.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I think it happens tonight. Gonna be a good game. The championship experience will prevail.
    Me too, though wouldn't be the first time Boston gives me the Penn State experience
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like the Celtics in game 7 if they can get there.

Not overly confident they can but still
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like the Celtics in game 7 if they can get there.

Not overly confident they can but still

Yep. When Golden State punked Luka game 3 to essentially win the series, especially after what he did the previous round, I knew they meant business.

This ends tonight, otherwise I like Boston
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,650
    edited June 2022

Throbber always right?

Or not.

Definitely right on the mask wearing virtue signalling coaches.

edited June 2022
    Kerr has ditched the mask. Ime is still fagged out mask on

GS up 15 at half

Adam Silver on the bat phone to shape the refs up.

Game 7s = $$$$$

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

holy fuckin woof this guy played like shit. all this after those fuckin kobe jerkoff (no pun intended) texts and insta poasts.
    Throbber always right.

Andrew Wiggins is a bad bad man.

And, as always, fuck Steve Kerr.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Wiggins did it all for them and was one of few who could because of his length and athleticism. That's why they already told him before the title that they were going to keep him.

My guess is they ship Klay and package him and try to keep Poole. Curry and Green will take discounts anyways.

JFC did they hit the jackpot of being godly and then sucking for a few seasons to build assets + hit home runs on G League guys.

Mitten is the kind of guy I could see Portland offering way more money than he's worth because of the Beavlet factor and because they're retarded.
    edited June 2022
    Klay's not going anywhere. He is beloved in the Bay and the Warriors won't get value for him on the trade market. They'll swallow the payroll and let him ride off into the sunset on his own terms.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/warriors-exec-hint-teams-future-core/599031

Wouldn't surprise me to see the combo of Draymond, Steph and Klay restructure their deals ala Tom Brady to keep Wiggins around.

Looney is actually the one who they may have difficulty retaining -but over the years GS has plugged in a bunch of guys in the middle.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Klay's not going anywhere. He is beloved in the Bay and the Warriors won't get value for him on the trade market. They'll swallow the payroll and let him ride off into the sunset on his own terms.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/warriors-exec-hint-teams-future-core/599031

Wouldn't surprise me to see the combo of Draymond, Steph and Klay restructure their deals ala Tom Brady to keep Wiggins around.

Looney is actually the one who they may have difficulty retaining -but over the years GS has plugged in a bunch of guys in the middle.

NBA isn’t the NFL. I’ve never heard of restructuring. I’m not sure it’s even possible if there isn’t an opt out clause.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This always felt to me like the Warriors swan song. Win it this year or never again. Memphis with Morant beats the Warriors handily this year. They, without JM, made the GS look slow and old and had opportunities to win that series. Klay may make strides in the off season to get closer to what he was pre-injuries or he may be what he is now moving forward but Green is in a sharp decline. He won't be the kind of player he was this year next year. They probably let Looney go and hope Mr. Glass Wiseman can be their big man. They also probably figure out a way to keep Wiggins and go hard for a second straight title with the pieces they have. I just don't think it will be enough. Memphis is devastating when healthy. Young, an unstoppable superstar, great team defense, many freakish athletes, tough and they have four good shooters that can go off and lead the team in scoring on any given night. This was the year they push the aging champs and realize they can win. Next year they blow the doors off the Warriors.
    edited June 2022

NBA isn’t the NFL. I’ve never heard of restructuring. I’m not sure it’s even possible if there isn’t an opt out clause.
    Did a little research -very difficult to restructure NBA contracts. Throbber wrong. Once.

Still don't think the Warriors peddle Klay. Ever. Chubby MJ with the Wizards doesn't fit his vibe.

People forget he didn't return to the court until January 9. Dude takes things personally and everyone writing him off are just adding fuel to the fire. As long as he doesn't hook up with one of the Karadshian/Jenners, he'll be fine.

But I wouldn't blame if he did. Them Jenners are hot. The girls. Not Bruce.

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Wiggins did it all for them and was one of few who could because of his length and athleticism. That's why they already told him before the title that they were going to keep him.

My guess is they ship Klay and package him and try to keep Poole. Curry and Green will take discounts anyways.

JFC did they hit the jackpot of being godly and then sucking for a few seasons to build assets + hit home runs on G League guys.

Mitten is the kind of guy I could see Portland offering way more money than he's worth because of the Beavlet factor and because they're retarded.

100% agree. I honestly would have been fine with Wiggins being mvp over Steph. And I was a lifelong Wiggins hater until this year. Shows how much being around a winning culture/teammates matters to some guys. If he was still in Minnesota he wouldn’t be putting in the work he did in the bay.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

100% agree. I honestly would have been fine with Wiggins being mvp over Steph. And I was a lifelong Wiggins hater until this year. Shows how much being around a winning culture/teammates matters to some guys. If he was still in Minnesota he wouldn’t be putting in the work he did in the bay.
    Like you said, you need to get a culture first, then get some all star caliber talents who will adhere to it. It's incredibly hard to do in the NBA versus other sports but once you pull it off 2 shit seasons actually propels you even further with the young infusion of impressionable talent.

They are in an incredible position. They'll get at least one more championship and potentially two, and then Curry or Green or both will just retire into the front office.