Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

just think, this guy coulda been the commish

Comments

• DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,100
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Jen Cohen paid me hush money

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    OJ should be Pac12 commish
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

He'd cut out the fat
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

He'd cut out the fat
    cut it out, he'd trim the fat.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Luck is such a bum. He’s the go to guy for any sporting organization that needs a new commissioner, but everything he touches fails. Yet he keeps getting trotted out there because he’s a good ol boy system guy.

I have no idea about the new PAC 12 commish but I’ll take him over Oliver Luck.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Luck is such a bum. He’s the go to guy for any sporting organization that needs a new commissioner, but everything he touches fails. Yet he keeps getting trotted out there because he’s a good ol boy system guy.

I think the current one will maximize the TV revenue whatever that ends up looking like, but I can't stand that he never shuts the fuck up about wanting to go to 8 conference games. Trying to lubricate some front runner team so they can get beat down in the playoffs will hurt the Pac 12 much more than letting Utah lose to Beavlet, or Oregon/Washington losing in Tempe in the long term.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I think the current one will maximize the TV revenue whatever that ends up looking like, but I can't stand that he never shuts the fuck up about wanting to go to 8 conference games. Trying to lubricate some front runner team so they can get beat down in the playoffs will hurt the Pac 12 much more than letting Utah lose to Beavlet, or Oregon/Washington losing in Tempe in the long term.
    You're kind of on to something. What the conference SHOULD do is go to 11 conference games per team. Make sure the 12th is FCS or Rutgers or something. If nobody in the PAC-12 plays an actual real football team (read: team outside the PAC-12), it'll be super easy to convince the playoff voters that the PAC-12 winner is a badass. You can claim the PAC-12 is a "gauntlet," and nobody could definitively argue back, as there would be no evidence to the contrary!

Why must I think of everything?
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

luck is the sark of the commish world.

did you know his son played football at stanford?!?!? hadnt had that shoved down my throat til recently.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

You're kind of on to something. What the conference SHOULD do is go to 11 conference games per team. Make sure the 12th is FCS or Rutgers or something. If nobody in the PAC-12 plays an actual real football team (read: team outside the PAC-12), it'll be super easy to convince the playoff voters that the PAC-12 winner is a badass. You can claim the PAC-12 is a "gauntlet," and nobody could definitively argue back, as there would be no evidence to the contrary!

Why must I think of everything?
    11 conference games, 12th is a sexy OOC opponent from the B1G or SEC.

Motherfuck the Big Sky. They can die in Joe Biden's America.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

ntxduck said:

He'd cut out the fat
    He'd be a good fit.