Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top Gun Maverick

12346»

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I'll get around to going to see this in a few weeks and then will report in here with a review. I guarantee you there is all kinds of inaccurate shit but I won't care because I am a giant fanboy for afterburners and 'Murica and anyone who isn't is a fag who can name the tim and place to fight me.

It was as expected @Swaye . Cheesy as fuck but great F-18 cinematography.

The crowd was lacking In Antifa bros.
    Question for the experts, does the F-18 come in both single seat and double seat versions?
    Yes, it does.
    Yella is correct! Originally it was single seat only with a small group of B models as trainers but now both versions exist for fleet use.
    You learn something new every day.
    So basically the original F-18 was the A model, and there were B model trainers. Same naming nomenclature passed to the C and D model. C were single seat and D were trainer only. The F-18 as I flew them were fleet use single seat only but with the advent of the "Super Hornet" E/F models now two seaters are used in the fleet. I always flew alone because RIO's are just 180 lbs of luggage with eyeballs and I am kind of a big deal.

Back seaters were really important a generation ago because of air to air encounters (that extra set of eyeballs not doing anything was important) but in modern air warfare it is basically "he with the better radar wins" so A2A is sort of a dying art form. I guess having someone in the back to tell jokes might be okay.
    I think you’re overlooking the fact that a RIO gets to say things “do some cool pilot shit Swaye!”
    You know honestly I wouldn't have minded someone working the radios as well, so maybe a RIO wouldn't be completely worthless.
    I think you're forgetting how much lamer one-on-one greased up homoerotic beach volleyball is, too.
    FTFY
    I almost edited my post to add that word but was too lazy. Figured it was implied.

So at what point can we just say that people have had enough tim to catch this movie, and if they read some spoilers, that's their fault? Can we make the noble savage's official review the opening of the floodgates? I'm itching for an Airing of the Grievances (and awesomenesses), but worry it's too soon.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think everyone can agree this guy is a complete idiot for acting like he just broke open the watergate scandal.

I’m also a complete for not knowing how to copy/paste a tweet
    Of course it's propaganda. Same as the first movie.

@Swaye would be working for Orkin IRL if it weren't for Top Gun Team 'Murica propaganda.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If a movie has USA military labels and uniforms it was approved by the Pentagon

Quite common really

If the Pentagon doesn't like it no real stuff allowed
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I rather enjoyed the propoganda.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Wind of Change by Scorpions was reportedly written by the CIA
    Swaye's Wigwam

I listened to an entire podcast series about this. Never conclusively proved it, though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

I listened to an entire podcast series about this. Never conclusively proved it, though.
    Same here. If I remember right, they attributed an anonymous source
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same here. If I remember right, they attributed an anonymous source
    Been about a year, so a little fuzzy. He had a lot of secondhand accounts, basically. Guys in the CIA who had another guy in the CIA say it was a thing. That sort of stuff. The last episode was the interview with Klaus Meine himself, who completely denied the whole thing.

It was entertaining, though.