Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WoolleyDoog just posed an interesting question via text

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
If Haener stays, is Jimmy Lake still the coach of YOUR Washington Huskies?

That is a very cringey thing to contemplate, because it is very plausible.

We might have been the defending Redbox Bowl champions right now

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He still would have been forced to run the JonDon/Jimmy offense so like we say.....no
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,637
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    My vote is if Haener stays Jimmy makes it through 2021. Even in JonDon's abortion of an offense, Haener is better enough to win them three games if not more and the pressure against Oregon isn't as intense and Jimmy doesn't "separate" a player and get himself fired.

There's also the hypothetical too if Peterman just starts Haener over Eason like he wanted to or maybe even Browning in 2018.

Then one more hypothetical. Petersen and co just take Chase Garbers instead of Haener like I thought they were going to?
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Better question is what if Pete stayed?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

If Haener stays, is Jimmy Lake still the coach of YOUR Washington Huskies?

That is a very cringey thing to contemplate, because it is very plausible.

We might have been the defending Redbox Bowl champions right now

Should've made this into a poll, but yes, Lake would still be around.

We would've beat Montana, OSU, and ASU with Haener and gone bowling. Despite raining punches on poor Ruperake, he would've had to sit out a game, give a Sark-like apology, and be ruining UW football for another year
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think Haener is that much of a game changer in a shit offense that has blocking scheme problems like Lakes. He'd throw a bunch of picks.
  • Options
    ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    When is Cohen getting fired
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What if BJ Hobert didn't drive to practices in a Camero?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    Haie is right on this one. With that abortion of an offense, I can't see any QB performing much better than Morris. Haener would have been an interception machine too.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I don't think Haener is that much of a game changer in a shit offense that has blocking scheme problems like Lakes. He'd throw a bunch of picks.

Correct.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Correct.
    This is probably right. Another one of the endless dumb things about Jimmy and his offense is he didn't appear to even try and go out and get an athletic QB in the two years he was there. One of the only hopes that offense could have had is an athlete at QB who could at least make plays with his feet and do design QB runs to fit in with a "power run game."

I think if they have Haener they still beat Montana and Colorado, get to a bowl and get a ton of excuses from doogs and admins before going like 3-9 in 2022.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,601
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Haener would have sucked ass if he stayed.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

Correct.
    This is probably right. Another one of the endless dumb things about Jimmy and his offense is he didn't appear to even try and go out and get an athletic QB in the two years he was there. One of the only hopes that offense could have had is an athlete at QB who could at least make plays with his feet and do design QB runs to fit in with a "power run game."

I think if they have Haener they still beat Montana and Colorado, get to a bowl and get a ton of excuses from doogs and admins before going like 3-9 in 2022.
    Yeah thats how I feel too. A major difference maker at QB might have made it go a little better than that, but we're talking at least Mariota caliber at a minimum.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @RaceBannon Can you please remind everyone in this thread that Haener was twash. With that shit offense, Jake Lockner, Jake Browning, Jake Plummer or Jake from State Farm would have sucked balls.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can someone who knows more about QB play to me explain why Husky QBs have seemed to hate to dump off to the RB the past like 20 years? The RB on this play has a great safe and easy chance to make a play to get the first here. I remember in the Montana game Morris could have dumped to the RB on the final drive all the way down the field but just refused to.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Can someone who knows more about QB play to me explain why Husky QBs have seemed to hate to dump off to the RB the past like 20 years? The RB on this play has a great safe and easy chance to make a play to get the first here. I remember in the Montana game Morris could have dumped to the RB on the final drive all the way down the field but just refused to.
    It’s 3rd and 8 and the RB has a guy covering him about 2 yards off. Guess Haener was trying to be a big dick QB and pick up the first down.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    The most disturbing part of that whole video is Evan Weaver out running our starting WR
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

The most disturbing part of that whole video is Evan Weaver out running our starting WR

#superiorculture