Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariners Baby!

Comments

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

I think if they keep taking 2 out of 3 they'll catch the Astros sometime around May, 2023.

Good to win series especially against good teams, but they need a win streak sometime.

We(?) have gone through a bad streak...IF the M's are as good as we hoped, that will be it. The Astros will come back to us, but will we be there, is the question for me. Every good team goes through at least one rough patch, if not more. 2 weeks ago the Angels were going to run away with it...
    The Ms have had solid stretches and they've had a horrific slump. What they haven't had yet is a streak. They haven't had more than two hitters hot at any one time yet. There's a lot rhey haven't done yet but they're still in decent position. They have a way better lineup and rotation than last season.

I think it's still coming. The Angels have shit pitching. An injury or two in the lineup and they could find themselves back with Oakland at the end.
    Agree. They are due to go on a run. I am hopeful because they just won 3 road series without Haniger and Lewis. When Murphy went out, he was hitting .303 and Raleigh was lost. Now, Murph isn’t a .300 hitter, but if Raleigh gets it figured out, that’ a solid platoon… add those 3 back in the mix and the line up gets a lot longer. Ray is currently their 5th starter, performance-wise, and he will get it figured out.

My big concern right now is that apparently the book on France and Julio is to pitch them in, hard. That is a broken wrist / finger waiting to happen, or worse…Suarez as well. And, as always, the bullpen.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

I think if they keep taking 2 out of 3 they'll catch the Astros sometime around May, 2023.

Good to win series especially against good teams, but they need a win streak sometime.

We(?) have gone through a bad streak...IF the M's are as good as we hoped, that will be it. The Astros will come back to us, but will we be there, is the question for me. Every good team goes through at least one rough patch, if not more. 2 weeks ago the Angels were going to run away with it...
    The Ms have had solid stretches and they've had a horrific slump. What they haven't had yet is a streak. They haven't had more than two hitters hot at any one time yet. There's a lot rhey haven't done yet but they're still in decent position. They have a way better lineup and rotation than last season.

I think it's still coming. The Angels have shit pitching. An injury or two in the lineup and they could find themselves back with Oakland at the end.
    Agree. They are due to go on a run. I am hopeful because they just won 3 road series without Haniger and Lewis. When Murphy went out, he was hitting .303 and Raleigh was lost. Now, Murph isn’t a .300 hitter, but if Raleigh gets it figured out, that’ a solid platoon… add those 3 back in the mix and the line up gets a lot longer. Ray is currently their 5th starter, performance-wise, and he will get it figured out.

My big concern right now is that apparently the book on France and Julio is to pitch them in, hard. That is a broken wrist / finger waiting to happen, or worse…Suarez as well. And, as always, the bullpen.
    Yeah as DNC pointed out once, the biggest threat to France producing like he does is an injury from getting plunked.

On the other hand, consistently pitching inside to those three will put a fair number of balls in the seats which would be nice.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This could be the "Chuck & Fishpo Baseball Bored"

With Chuck and Fishpo in the Morning
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Lewis is always hurt. He will always be a "what if" guy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

He has an mpact every time he gets healthy though. If he's always going to be oft injured and cheap but gives them a boost at the right times I'd take it.
    Swaye's Wigwam

And it's an amazing board, probably the greatest ever.

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

chuck said:

Sounds like a third baseman I used to know of…DH for life

Does the job come with “Bellevue Massage” privileges?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

Does the job come with “Bellevue Massage” privileges?
    Hardy har har
    The shit that went down yesterday with the Angels, and more specifically how it went down, is why I bristle at people bagging on "Old School" and "Unwritten Rules"...

A week or two ago, Upton gets domed by Lorenzen..."slick ball"...OK, it happens, it is slick, and everybody is trying to throw the living shit out of it, which leads to arm-side-up-misses, with lateral movement.

On Saturday, Ohtani gets buzzed (disclaimer, didn't see it), then, in a 2 run game in the 9th, a pitcher just off the IL struggling with command, buzzes Trout...Pro Tip: He's not trying to put a runner on to bring the tying run to the plate...Trout is not happy (understandable), and a bunch of shit is talked, dugout-to dugout, post-game.

This is what makes my blood boil...Nevin, post-game Saturday, "scratches" his starter for an opener...Servais et.al, KNEW what was coming...

I'm OK with Julio getting buzzed, (I am old school, an eye for an eye) although behind the head is a no-no...HERE is where it disintegrates...

Hitting Winker, with the scheduled starter warming up in the pen is beyond bush league, and Nevin needs 10 games at least, and a heavy fine.

The opener threw at Rodriguez, missed, but the message was sent..."You buzz our guy, we buzz your guy"...OK, even-Steven.

You DO NOT get multiple shots...one and done. IRON LAW
    As a former RHP, I've hit LH Hitters with fastballs...every time I did, it was on purpose. Period. If I wanted to drill a guy and not make it obvious, throw a slider and try to break his cup.

If you're still reading, let's check the "scoreboard"...M's-2 guys drilled, one in the head, one pitch behind the head. Angles-NOBODY drilled, 2 up and in...

For years, good umpires that know the game and what's going on, will let the "Drillee's" team take one shot to get even before putting in the warning...one shot, no more...that is protecting your hitters, that is Old School.

I hate that the prevailing winds of "we hit your guy, so what?", you hit their guy to even it, and they retaliate for the retaliation...the unwritten rules prevented it, and justice was swift in the day. Pitchers and hitters getting in fights in the dugout because he drills a guy that owns him, and the hitters are all thinking, "am I getting one now?".

I take the unwritten rules as gospel, and respect the consequences of throwing a ball at somebody. I got hit in the face with 92 as a 17 yo, and it pretty much was the end of me hitting. Bat flips, pimping, posing, barrel-rolling the middle infielder on DP's (gone), plowing the catcher (gone), bunting for hits and stealing bags up 6 or more...all drillable offenses, all gone now. "Let the Kids Play"...fuck that. My guy takes you deep and you drill him, one of yours is going down.

TLDR-Thanks for letting me rant, I'm going to check the mail, mow the lawn (keep the FUCK off of it!), and take a nap...

Swaye's Wigwam
    Ohtani didn't even get buzzed. It was up but he didn't have to move to avoid it. It might have been iver the inside corner but he ran from it like it was spreading herpes. Pussy.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Julio is clearly the man. I've been holding back but God damn. His stats just keep improving and he still hasn't had a really hot streak.

Winker has quietly found his stroke and I have a feeling he'll end up hitting around .300 by the time TSIO.

Suarez has been pretty steady all season and has his little streaks. He still hasn't gotten hot either.

Haniger and Lewis should be back. Giles shores the pen quite a bit. France, Haniger and Lewis could all be back in the lineup soon. Crawford, Toro, and Frazier have all been scuffling and the odds predict theyll turn things around. Things are lining up well for a big run in my Pollyanna opinion.
    Yes. They need another catcher to give Raleigh a rest with Murph and Torrens out, but it is coming together for them, just in time…
    Founders Club
    Please leave Kyle Lewis out of this. The guy will never be healthy. He's been out for a month from a stupid concussion for God's sake..
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

Please leave Kyle Lewis out of this. The guy will never be healthy. He's been out for a month from a stupid concussion for God's sake..

Can't leave him out completely as he's bound to get some more games in and he makes an impact every time he plays. Can't disagree with the sentiment though. You really can't count on extended help from him.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is the first time I have seen in any sport where a concussion leaves a guy out for over a month. Starting to thing this guys pain tolerance is non existent.
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is the first time I have seen in any sport where a concussion leaves a guy out for over a month. Starting to thing this guys pain tolerance is non existent.
    Something isn't right with him. He seems to be made if glass. Concussion symptoms aren't usually about pain though are they?

The concussion "protocol" is a real thing, and probably has nothing to do with how he feels, or pain tolerance...Since they put that in play (all levels of sport), I have had players miss anywhere from 2 weeks (minimum) to losing entire seasons over it. They have to complete tests on computer, with evaluations, to clear it. They don't pass the tests, they don't play, regardless of how they feel. I've seen a few, and they aren't easy to take w/o a concussion.

My conclusion: over the past 30 years, I have probably played 100's of kids who were concussed according to the protocol...RIP the old-school concussion testing..."Can you see both my fingers?"...
    Founders Club

Troy Aikman would get up off of the turf looking like he had Down's Syndrome and play the next week. Yeah, that was 25 years ago, but still.

Kyle Lewis has a ton of potential and we've all been talking about it for 5 years now.