Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Humidor/Cigar Update

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    DHD said:

I've had the Sobremesa Brulee' in the humidor pretty consistently for the last couple of years. They are very good. Little bit of a sweet taste to start, but then consistently satisfying. The latest order was the Sobremesa Gran Imperiales. With the weather getting nicer, I wanted something a little longer lasting.

All of the Dunbarton/Saka stuff seems top notch.

Yeah Dunbarton is good stuff. My new guy doesn't carry it though. It's the one thing I love he doesn't have. But small batch cigars usually has lots of it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Anyone that smoke a swisher is a sick fuck. Those are for rolling blunts.

Sounds like somebody's never been stranded in Fremont an hour after last call, hungry and jonesing for a smoke.

Get out more often, Roady.
    No I have. I bum a cigarette off someone else like a normal human being.

I probably wouldn’t be hungry. I won’t spell out why, but those who know will know.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sounds like somebody's never been stranded in Fremont an hour after last call, hungry and jonesing for a smoke.

I probably wouldn’t be hungry. I won’t spell out why, but those who know will know.
    Smokers are fucking bums. Get better friends.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cigarettes are delicious. But, agree, smokers are fucking bums.

Cigarettes Cigarillos are delicious. But, agree, smokers are fucking bums.
    Don't abandon your class, Yellow.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not making this up. I really do think cigarettes are enjoyable and delicious. But, yes, they are a betrayal of my class.
    edited June 2022

I'm not making this up. I really do think cigarettes are enjoyable and delicious. But, yes, they are a betrayal of my class.
    What would the West Bendians say if they caught you smoking outside Timbers?

You'd be ruined.

Do that shit in Prineville or Madras.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

You were talking about smoking a swisher or a white owl. Those are strictly for emptying out and using the wrap. I didn’t know anyone actually enjoyed them.

To each their own, but smoking those is frowned upon. Not saying I’ve never done it, but a cigarette compared to those is a no brainer.

You were talking about smoking a swisher or a white owl. Those are strictly for emptying out and using the wrap. I didn’t know anyone actually enjoyed them.

To each their own, but smoking those is frowned upon. Not saying I’ve never done it, but a cigarette compared to those is a no brainer.
    I'll take my chances with the 7-11 clerk and cheap cigars vs bumming a fag off some homeless bum at 2:30 a.m. in Fremont.

And the first 3 minutes of a swisher is yummy. A sweet, you see. They are newsprint after that.

But still better than a cigarette bummed off a bum.

Exception: Drum roll-your-owns. Those I'll never mock. Thank you Uma and Tarantino for that.
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Great sale going on right now at Cigar Page (I've had good experiences with them) for loose singles. Awesome way to create your own sampler. Most Padrons have been picked over, but lots of good choices left.

https://www.cigarpage.com/sunday-singles-action.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20220612Su4-Bonus-Meet-local-singles (XBUa22)&_kx=4hJumtM9J0yWvDskubtRl5DHj23--UjWJRM4djALNq4=.MwExHP
    Monte Christo white label: Yes, No, Maybe, Fuck No, DNGAF?

Thank you for your anticipated high-quality responses.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I haven't had a Monte Christo in many, many @Swaye moons. I don't have a good frame of reference.

I seem to have landed on 4 brands that I want to hone in on more:

Fuente
    E.P. Carrillo
    Davidoff
    Padron

My Padron and Davidoff experiences are more limited but seems like you can't go wrong with those rich fuck $20.00 cigars. Plus I've got to keep up appearances and live beyond my means.
    Founders Club

Pretty full bodied, sweet, cream and wood (lulz) for flavor but extremely tight draw (I bought an entire box of these a few years ago). It is not an unpleasant smoke. Flavor was fine though not my preference, but the draw was a bitch 81% of the time. Maybe I had Helga the tent maker and her summer ham forearms as my roller? Report in with your thoughts. I will say the Montecristo 1935 Anniversary is supposed to be one of the best cigars of the year (I just bought a box but haven't tried them) and I would get those if they were available.
    Founders Club

I haven't had a Monte Christo in many, many @Swaye moons. I don't have a good frame of reference.

Fuente
    E.P. Carrillo
    Davidoff
    Padron

My Padron and Davidoff experiences are more limited but seems like you can't go wrong with those rich fuck $20.00 cigars. Plus I've got to keep up appearances and live beyond my means.
    Davidoff and Padron scream rich white wakandan.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Fuente
    E.P. Carrillo
    Davidoff
    Padron

Davidoff and Padron scream rich white wakandan.
    I live pretty good for a pour loser.
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club

Humidor is mostly fully stocked for summer. Lots of variety in there.

I use the acrylic cases (tops are off in these pictures) because they're idiot proof and makes maintaining the collection a lot more enjoyable and stress free. Everything is at 65rh with Boveda packs in the slots at the bottom of each case.

I put the Cubans in a smaller humidor that I thought was really big and cool until I realized that it wasn't big and cool and that I'm horribly addicted to buying and adding cigars to the collection.

Top Row: Variety of Opus X, Davidoff Churchill, Davidoff Late Hour, Padron 1926 Anniv.

2nd Row: Fuente Chateau King T, Fuente Chateau King T Rosado, Fuente Magnum R Rosado 56, My Father - Judge, Plasencia Alma Fuerte, Dunbarton Sin Comprimiso, EP Carrillo Pledge Prequel, Rocky Patel Aged, Limited & Rare, Padron Damaso, My Father Limited Release, Black Label Trading Royalty, Black Label Trading Viaticum, Black Label Trading Momento Mori

3rd Row: Oliva Melanio V, EP Carrillo Inch, Sobremesa Gran Imperiales, Greycliff Shaggy, Fuente Candela, Crowned Heads Mil Dias, Jake Wyatt Lucid Interval, Undercrown 10, Undercrown Flying Pig Shade and Sungrown, Undercrown Sungrown, Alec Bradley Filthy Hooligan, Rocky Patel Decade, Larutan Natural, AVO Variety

4th Row: Tatuaje 10th Anniv. Bon Chasseur, Perdomo 10th Anniv., Alec Bradley Tempus, Punch Variety, Fuente Variety, Tabernacle Variety, Caldwell Variety, Macanudo M, Drew Estate Acid, Drew Estate Plush, Nub Cafe

Cubans: Montecristo 4, Partagas Serie D no. 4

Founders Club
    DHD said:

I use the acrylic cases (tops are off in these pictures) because they're idiot proof and makes maintaining the collection a lot more enjoyable and stress free. Everything is at 65rh with Boveda packs in the slots at the bottom of each case.

I put the Cubans in a smaller humidor that I thought was really big and cool until I realized that it wasn't big and cool and that I'm horribly addicted to buying and adding cigars to the collection.

Top Row: Variety of Opus X, Davidoff Churchill, Davidoff Late Hour, Padron 1926 Anniv.

2nd Row: Fuente Chateau King T, Fuente Chateau King T Rosado, Fuente Magnum R Rosado 56, My Father - Judge, Plasencia Alma Fuerte, Dunbarton Sin Comprimiso, EP Carrillo Pledge Prequel, Rocky Patel Aged, Limited & Rare, Padron Damaso, My Father Limited Release, Black Label Trading Royalty, Black Label Trading Viaticum, Black Label Trading Momento Mori

3rd Row: Oliva Melanio V, EP Carrillo Inch, Sobremesa Gran Imperiales, Greycliff Shaggy, Fuente Candela, Crowned Heads Mil Dias, Jake Wyatt Lucid Interval, Undercrown 10, Undercrown Flying Pig Shade and Sungrown, Undercrown Sungrown, Alec Bradley Filthy Hooligan, Rocky Patel Decade, Larutan Natural, AVO Variety

4th Row: Tatuaje 10th Anniv. Bon Chasseur, Perdomo 10th Anniv., Alec Bradley Tempus, Punch Variety, Fuente Variety, Tabernacle Variety, Caldwell Variety, Macanudo M, Drew Estate Acid, Drew Estate Plush, Nub Cafe

Great selection. I've wanted to try those Filthy Hooligans.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Forget about baby formula what about the Cuban cigar crises?

Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Top shelf is giving me a cigar boner. I need to buy more Davidoff Churchill line.

Because I'm a pour and have kids who get in the way, I tend to focus on the 30 to 40 min experience. I really enjoyed these Belicosos . 4.5" x 46 ring gauge. Just a delightful little smoke.

Founders Club
    For those that do not know Cubans have gone through the roof. Habanos SA decided to peg their prices to the Hong Kong market price, which is double and triple the normal prices in some cases, and Cohibas and Trinidads (two most affected brands because they are flag ship products) that used to be 40 bucks a stick are now 80-100 per cigar (or more). But, no reason to worry about it, because you can't find them anywhere as the shortage has resulted in sell outs worldwide.

People are going to be in for a rude awakening when they come back in stock. A box of 25 Cohiba Magicos used to be like 900 bucks. Lou's has none, but has them priced at almost 3 grand a box now. You thought top Cubans were special before? They are in a whole new stratosphere now. Smart of the Cubans to wait until the impending world economic meltdown to do this.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine in Norway and I had him get me 5 Cohiba Magicos and 5 Cohiba Lanceros from a small local shop in Norway, and I managed to get all 10 for 468 bucks, which is an absolute bargain. They still have stock from before the price rise (it only affects anything shipping now). Those same 10 cigars would be well over a thousand bucks now.

https://www.cubanlous.com/cohiba-cigars/

If you go to the bottom of that page you can see those Talisman Limited Editions. I paid 1300 bucks for a box of those a year ago. They are 3,000 now.

I already treated my small Cuban stash as special (like OpusX) but high end Cubans are on a whole different level now. I'll be smoking about 3-5 per year now instead of 10-12 like I used to. Impossible to get and crazy fucking expensive now. Even the "lower tier" brands that I like such as Partagas and Montecristo have shot up. It's a mess. Good thing I like ROW sticks. Fuck off Cubans.