Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,398
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Add in Wagoner and Presly leaning towards Oregon. In-State recruiting is a fucking mess

I wonder if it’s because the slogan is dorky as shit
    Let’s face it, a cool slogan isn’t helping either. Winning and taking football seriously will help. The rest is window dressing.
    Flip it around …

You have to give a shit about trying to win before you can actually win
    What part of taking football seriously did you not understand?
    There are a lot of people out there that think UW winning this year will solve all the issues … it’s misguided IMO

The schedule this year has a chance to serve as a mirage and get people to double down
    It will. We play in the PAC 12. Winning helps. A winning, exciting brand of football always helps.

We are so far from Alabama, Georgia, etc. We very well could be a middle of the conference PAC 12 team.

The AD and upper campus are broken. Petersen won though, and if DeBoer is a good to great coach he will too.

UW will recruit top 25 classes if they win and with good coaching, that can win the PAC 12.

mrdoog said:
    Even if he becomes the next Kayvon type, and takes half of the plays off. The times he does try, he'll more than likely change the entire game. All you need to look at are the 2019 and 2020 Pac 12 title games. Kayvon was by far the best player on the field, and single handedly decided those games.
    It really doesn’t work like that. Did you ever play?

Kayvon was good. He wasn’t going multiple games without sacks and that is in a much tougher area of high school football.

All that freak athlete shit goes out the window as the competition increases.Very few are actually so much better than everyone else that they can coast.

Jaden Wayne is vastly superior to Smalls as a high school prospect. He’s at least getting some sacks. He’s also a good WR.
    Wayne feels somewhere between Kayvon and Smalls.

• Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 746
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The same info we’ve created for free here. I hope he ends up good but from a distance I agree.
  • Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 746

The same info we’ve created for free here. I hope he ends up good but from a distance I agree.

There’s an 81% chance Ektard is wrong. There’s a 100% chance he’s just as bad for progrum as Roof.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I can’t recall ever seeing a recruiting analyst for any of the pac12 teams I follow trash recruits. It feels like those douches work for uw, which should be somewhat concerning if you care about integrity (the great folks at HH do care). Years ago there was a guy here in the nw that noticed something odd with some recruits ranking and started tracking it. He was able to show that those fucks would increase their ranking evaluations for the recruits that signed with uw in order to push up uw’s class ranking. To be fair I don’t recall it being a huge bump, just that there was evidence something was happening. What is sad is how many fans are too stupid to see it and keep paying for that shit.
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

There’s an 81% chance Ektard is wrong. There’s a 100% chance he’s just as bad for progrum as Roof.
    I have another Roof story for the next pod.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a bad look for UW that he passed on us (as well as this entire group of 5 stars that apparently have planned this) and it's also true that he'll probably be a dead beat in Miami.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

It's a bad look for UW that he passed on us (as well as this entire group of 5 stars that apparently have planned this) and it's also true that he'll probably be a dead beat in Miami.

Wayne may suck, but like you said, the optics are bad.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

He’s not a real 5 star, but you take the chance because he has tools. He’s a good enough athlete to play DE or TE in college. He won’t actually get a chance to play at Bama or Georgia. He is better than Smalls, but it’s kind of a similar situation.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958

haie said:

He’s not a real 5 star, but you take the chance because he has tools. He’s a good enough athlete to play DE or TE in college. He won’t actually get a chance to play at Bama or Georgia. He is better than Smalls, but it’s kind of a similar situation.
    Don’t disagree but maybe he has a big senior year. Honestly he is more impressive on offense.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited June 2022

haie said:

Don’t disagree but maybe he has a big senior year. Honestly he is more impressive on offense.
    I hate the argument that he’s relying on his athleticism and the lack of passion automatically translates to college. If you are a mathematical genius and have to sit in the remedial class are you going to rely on effort or your genius?

People said this about Thibodeaux and he worked his ass off in college. Competition is exactly the antidote to relying on athleticism.

I am not saying he’s a sure thing but there’s really no such thing. At least with him, you’re not projecting physical attributes.

Georgia and Bama process their fair share of kids. It’s a numbers games.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

I hate the argument that he’s relying on his athleticism and the lack of passion automatically translates to college. If you are a mathematical genius and have to sit in the remedial class are you going to rely on effort or your genius?

People said this about Thibodeaux and he worked his ass off in college. Competition is exactly the antidote to relying on athleticism.

I am not saying he’s a sure thing but there’s really no such thing. At least with him, you’re not projecting physical attributes.

You sound gay🤷‍♂️
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

This isn’t true. A high motor is a skill and there are so few guys that just turn it on. He should be able to dominate at Lincoln simply by showing up. It’s not tough. The genius you speak of could pass the remedial class in his sleep.

That he isn’t dominating and is often JAG that looks impressive is not a good sign. The best precursor for future success is past production. You are spouting the bullshit that used to be spouted on board that high school doesn’t matter.