Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This guy, Williams, Blake Nickelson (very good LB prospect). Hatchet, Banulos or whatever his name is.

It’s not going to be a big time class on paper, but we are in the running for some guys and the RB we have committed looks like a very good player. I don’t think it is as dire as Sonics and others are making it out to be. As always, winning would greatly help DeBoer and the program’s recruiting.

He can piece together enough good athletes to consistently win 9-10 games even in this situation. It is the Pac 12 after all.

Undefeated or one loss seasons and playoff wins seem a little out of reach.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

This guy, Williams, Blake Nickelson (very good LB prospect). Hatchet, Banulos or whatever his name is.

It’s not going to be a big time class on paper, but we are in the running for some guys and the RB we have committed looks like a very good player. I don’t think it is as dire as Sonics and others are making it out to be. As always, winning would greatly help DeBoer and the program’s recruiting.

He can piece together enough good athletes to consistently win 9-10 games even in this situation. It is the Pac 12 after all.

If you took his Fresno team from last year and added our 5-6 best players, that team is seriously contending and probably winning the PAC 12. If DeBoer is a good to great coach, he will win at UW.

I said the same thing about Pete when his early recruiting was questioned by Kim and the dogman guys. His best Boise teams with a few of our best players would have been serious natty contenders.

Nobody in the North besides Oregon is going to be serious players with NIL. Scout, develop, and scheme better than Oregon. It’s not an insurmountable task.
    So Fresno won the Mountain West?

Or did they lose 40-14 to Boise in their biggest game of the year?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,441
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

If you took his Fresno team from last year and added our 5-6 best players, that team is seriously contending and probably winning the PAC 12. If DeBoer is a good to great coach, he will win at UW.

I said the same thing about Pete when his early recruiting was questioned by Kim and the dogman guys. His best Boise teams with a few of our best players would have been serious natty contenders.

Nobody in the North besides Oregon is going to be serious players with NIL. Scout, develop, and scheme better than Oregon. It’s not an insurmountable task.

They beat the division winner. The Hawaii game fuck up cost them.
  • Options
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

They beat the division winner. The Hawaii game fuck up cost them.
    That’s your Oregon beat UW and lose to Wazzu post of the year
  • Options
    What do you know … losing another recruit to Oregon
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You actually have to land them is the problem. Blake is also leaning towards Oregon as well
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

You actually have to land them is the problem. Blake is also leaning towards Oregon as well
    Lanning losing at linebacker to UW would be a tough pill to swallow. That’s Lanning and Tosh’s responsibility. If Oregon wants Blake, I hope they can get him.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited May 2022

lawsandl said:

Lanning losing at linebacker to UW would be a tough pill to swallow. That’s Lanning and Tosh’s responsibility. If Oregon wants Blake, I hope they can get him.
    If Oregon wants anyone and it's against Washington, they will get him. It's not even competitive right now
    As much as I hate UW, this is terrible for the PAC if that is true. Listening to interviews, Kalen just seems like an odd duck (no pun intended). Maybe marching to the beat of his own drum works out like it does for Chip?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

If Oregon wants anyone and it's against Washington, they will get him. It's not even competitive right now
    I’m all for being optimistic … but what evidence can anybody point to for UW being competitive in recruiting?

Best I’ve seen is “they’re getting visits”

We’re the B squad at the strip club right now
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recruiting (and) optics are so bad for UW right now. Are even their Plan B guys using UW as a place holder to see what other schools might come along with a scholly offer?