Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club
    That's your source??!!
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

That's your source??!!

No
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    I think the race wars will flame-up and be justifiable again, once Obama leaves office.

This is a mandatory vid a lot of people in high-crime areas should watch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLcTkgY-xXY

Please send it to your brothers from different mothers.
    Instead of freaking out at officers, calmness will probably make the cops go away much faster. People with a short fuse and who freak out, tend to see most cops as racist.
    ^ With special appearances by Josh Shirley and Ivan Lewis.
    edited August 2014
    priapism said:

I think the race wars will flame-up and be justifiable again, once Obama leaves office.

This is a mandatory vid a lot of people in high-crime areas should watch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLcTkgY-xXY

Please send it to your brothers from different mothers.
    Instead of freaking out at officers, calmness will probably make the cops go away much faster. People with a short fuse and who freak out, tend to see most cops as racist.

My links aren't about race.

http://youtu.be/e6yaeD-E_MY
    One of my friend's friends works at a Wal-Mart here in Vegas as security surveillance. A few months ago, a few cops were shot and killed here along with a shopper. Cops came into the store and shot the shooters. The guy doing the surveillance said the cops were torturing one of the shooters til he finally died. Both shooters died at the scene.
    Maybe your post is about testosterone fueled cops?
    priapism said:

One of my friend's friends works at a Wal-Mart here in Vegas as security surveillance. A few months ago, a few cops were shot and killed here along with a shopper. Cops came into the store and shot the shooters. The guy doing the surveillance said the cops were torturing one of the shooters til he finally died. Both shooters died at the scene.
    Maybe your post is about testosterone fueled cops?

Sounds like everyone got what they were asking for.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,592
    I do have a problem with the militarization of police forces around the country.

It hasn't affected me personally, though. People judge books by their covers so when I leave my parents' basement, I take off my sweatpants, remove my stained wife-beater, and put on some decent clothes for the public. With cops, looking the part of a law-abiding citizen and speaking with proper English goes a long way with them...so does short and polite statements rather than popping off.

In sum, if I want to the police to treat me like a gentleman, I try to look and act like a gentleman.
  • QuornDawgQuornDawg Member Posts: 1,162
    HFNY said:

I do have a problem with the militarization of police forces around the country.

It hasn't affected me personally, though. People judge books by their covers so when I leave my parents' basement, I take off my sweatpants, remove my stained wife-beater, and put on some decent clothes for the public. With cops, looking the part of a law-abiding citizen and speaking with proper English goes a long way with them...so does short and polite statements rather than popping off.

In sum, if I want to the police to treat me like a gentleman, I try to look and act like I'm not black.

I actually try to act like I'm Asian:

HFNY said:

In sum, if I want to the police to treat me like a gentleman, I try to look and act like I'm not black.

edited August 2014
    HFNY said:

In sum, if I want to the police to treat me like a gentleman, I try to look and act like a gentleman.

So you admit people get their asses beat and /or killed for no reason other than not looking like a law abiding citizen, not speaking proper English, not wearing decent clothes, or just popping off.

I don't care is the NSA spies on me. I have nothing to hide.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HFNY said:

So you admit people get their asses beat and /or killed for no reason other than not looking like a law abiding citizen, not speaking proper English, not wearing decent clothes, or just popping off.
    Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ
    Absolutely it happens.

My post was simply ways to minimize the odds of it happening. Besides how one presents oneself, if you're Asian-American (the race least likely to commit crimes) and 47 years old (people 18-24 years old commit the most crimes), you are much less likely to be hassled by the police. If you're Latino (race 2nd most likely to commit crimes) and 20 years old, cops are going to look at you harder. It's important to remember what cops tend to look for because they aren't robots and some just aren't good at what they do.

HFNY said:

I don't care is the NSA spies on me. I have nothing to hide.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club
    It's fine for an individual to try to reduce the odds of getting their ass kicked by the cops. That's self-preservation.

I care more about the root cause of the issue, though.
  • PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,468
    I dunno, my not be so bad...

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

I dunno, my not be so bad...

Back to the basement....