Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sekai Afoa-Asoau, 3* 2022 (JC) DL/EDGE, (Fife/San Mateo JC) (Committed)

13»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

He wasn't good enough to win the starting position on his JC team and never even recorded a sack. He's nothing more than a body, especially with only two years to play.

When the best you can say about someone is that they are just a body … it’s a waste of a scholarship

Hope for the best I guess
    We are recruiting like our plan A-E guys are gone and are taking whatever is left.

This will be 3rd year in a row with classes like these. Kalen not only has to be Offensive Unicorn, but has to do it with a roster that will be substantially less talented against the top end teams in this conference.

Silver lining is it's the Pac-12 North and Pac-12 were in, and not the Big 10

4 star wideout and a lb from SJB.

:D
    It’s nothing amazing but this class will end up top 25ish. We have been burned by the leveling up shit so really these complaints are FS. If we end up 50th, then complaints are warranted. A lot of times the 25th best class is better than the 15th and it’s semantics. Wake me up when we are getting 5 star guys. The rest is mostly a guessing game.

Saying LIPO is stupid because we are supposed to comment on things, but it’s the same problem as always here. Forget rankings, we need kids that aren’t maxed out and their best football is ahead of them. Not recruiting pussies also helps.

If we that and combine it with good coaching and development, we will win. The effort from the coaches seems to be there (still early). Players and recruits seem to genuinely like them. It means nothing without wins, but it’s not like we aren’t in the mix for some four star guys and three stars with good offer lists.
    My point is that people were saying that because of the AD's shit, UW was going to dip below Oregon State, Wazzu, Cal, etc. Completely disagree with that and now you're seeing the recruiting results to back that up.

The one thing Petersen did really well was tell people to fuck off the first year or two and take his Boise class that cuoglets were laughing at and push everyone's shit in with them by the time 2016 came around. If he would have just conceded to using a modern offense he seriously competes for the conference in 2015, and is a 9+ win team in 2014.

But yeah if they're 50+ then the staff is treading water a bit, but I'm sorry with the OKG slander bullshit + Jimmy acting like he was above recruiting, you do have to make up *some* ground at least for the first year without being able to show results on the field.
    Yep, besides Oregon and USC, I can’t see any other PAC 12 school that will beat us in NIL, despite Cohen being an absolute disaster.

We went 4-8 with a staff that did almost no recruiting and 2020 was a lost year as well.

We are a small time school compared to the big guys in the SEC and other schools that actually care about football.

It’s doog hope until proven otherwise, but if DeBoer and staff can coach, we should win. And if they can’t coach, the recruiting hardly matters anyways.
    I just want to see some offense for the first time in forever. Have a good offense and get the odd + turnover game and you're gifted a win or two.

Previously it was just a +6 points or so like the Oregon game last year.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yep, besides Oregon and USC, I can’t see any other PAC 12 school that will beat us in NIL, despite Cohen being an absolute disaster.

We went 4-8 with a staff that did almost no recruiting and 2020 was a lost year as well.

We are a small time school compared to the big guys in the SEC and other schools that actually care about football.

It’s doog hope until proven otherwise, but if DeBoer and staff can coach, we should win. And if they can’t coach, the recruiting hardly matters anyways.

Arizona clearly is. There's no other explanation for what's going on down there.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,459
    Swaye's Wigwam

Arizona clearly is. There's no other explanation for what's going on down there.
    Apparently they don't have many resources.

It's playing time and their coaches putting in maximum effort.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That will fizzle out. They will still suck. They went 1-11 last year and hired Johnny Nansen as their DC.

ASU possibly once they get down with whatever sanctions is a possibility, but they have always been a “sleeping giant” and they rarely are actually good.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam

That will fizzle out. They will still suck. They went 1-11 last year and hired Johnny Nansen as their DC.

ASU possibly once they get down with whatever sanctions is a possibility, but they have always been a “sleeping giant” and they rarely are actually good.
    A team that went 1-11, hired Johnny Patron, and still recruited near the top of the conference is the definition of a team that has its "NIL" together. Unless you're @Haie, are unfamiliar with reality, and therefore think it's just all of the playing time on offer at Arizona.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

haie said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

He wasn't good enough to win the starting position on his JC team and never even recorded a sack. He's nothing more than a body, especially with only two years to play.

When the best you can say about someone is that they are just a body … it’s a waste of a scholarship

We are recruiting like our plan A-E guys are gone and are taking whatever is left.

This will be 3rd year in a row with classes like these. Kalen not only has to be Offensive Unicorn, but has to do it with a roster that will be substantially less talented against the top end teams in this conference.

It’s nothing amazing but this class will end up top 25ish. We have been burned by the leveling up shit so really these complaints are FS. If we end up 50th, then complaints are warranted. A lot of times the 25th best class is better than the 15th and it’s semantics. Wake me up when we are getting 5 star guys. The rest is mostly a guessing game.

Saying LIPO is stupid because we are supposed to comment on things, but it’s the same problem as always here. Forget rankings, we need kids that aren’t maxed out and their best football is ahead of them. Not recruiting pussies also helps.

If we that and combine it with good coaching and development, we will win. The effort from the coaches seems to be there (still early). Players and recruits seem to genuinely like them. It means nothing without wins, but it’s not like we aren’t in the mix for some four star guys and three stars with good offer lists.
    Because some blue chips haven’t worked out we should go back to targeting below the radar guys

Talk about a fucking stupid comment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Because some blue chips haven’t worked out we should go back to targeting below the radar guys

Talk about a fucking stupid comment
    Yeah, that’s it. We aren’t targeting below the radar guys anyways, at least not heavily. The visitors that have been here and are coming in the next few weeks are all 3 and 4 star guys with good offers.

Evaluate, close, and develop. The main point was to not be TBS ranking obsessed. The difference in the 15th ranked class and 25th is negligible and comes down to better evaluations and development.

I don’t think you actually are an idiot but you choose to be. Maybe you are, I don’t really know. Be a better poster.
    It’s a fair point on the 15th and the 25th classes … average star ranking makes way more sense to me to evaluate a class than how it’s viewed currently … quality vs quantity

This staff will need to close recruits … getting them on campus only means so much.