Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

China Watch Superiority thred

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,206
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Just a thred to share the various information channels I use to watch the CCP. In case you didn't know I've lived overseas at various points and still have frends in Hong Kong and one still hopefully in Shanghai...

https://youtu.be/OmKFt68sqQw

Above is a decent primer. He gives the CCP 15 years but he himself admits it's hard to see inside. I personally take the under but who knows, they could go the route of North Korea and just endure poverty and isolation for 100 years.

Other obvious good channels are China uncensored and advchina. There's a handful of others I'll post as I go.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Just a thred to share the various information channels I use to watch the CCP. In case you didn't know I've lived overseas at various points and still have frends in Hong Kong and one still hopefully in Shanghai...

Above is a decent primer. He gives the CCP 15 years but he himself admits it's hard to see inside. I personally take the under but who knows, they could go the route of North Korea and just endure poverty and isolation for 100 years.

Other obvious good channels are China uncensored and advchina. There's a handful of others I'll post as I go.

Regarding channels ...

I was going to ask about China Uncensored then saw it in the last sentence. I think it is a good resource for info. However, I have a friend stateside who cried misinformation. (He naively married a Chinese woman who's a fucking disaster, but I digress.) I still like it despite his protestations.

Also, what do you think about Epoch Times? I was lead to believe they got started in HK as a means to combat the CCP? (I could be totally wrong) I also like their content a lot. A different buddy, claims to have written papers in college about them being CCP-disinformation. Based on the materials I've consumed, I can't fathom that to be true, but still ...

I'll take your answers off-air.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I see that someone else has been greenpilled
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussions/tagged/pete-carroll-gave-us-coronavirus
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Regarding channels ...

I was going to ask about China Uncensored then saw it in the last sentence. I think it is a good resource for info. However, I have a friend stateside who cried misinformation. (He naively married a Chinese woman who's a fucking disaster, but I digress.) I still like it despite his protestations.

Also, what do you think about Epoch Times? I was lead to believe they got started in HK as a means to combat the CCP? (I could be totally wrong) I also like their content a lot. A different buddy, claims to have written papers in college about them being CCP-disinformation. Based on the materials I've consumed, I can't fathom that to be true, but still ...

China Uncensored is on point *mostly. They suffer from the constraints of being stateside and having their anti CCP bias but that doesn't mean they are wrong. Just shall we say, optimistic at times reading the tea leaves when they venture into opinions. They generally are honest about disclosing that though. Hence, any nationalist, mainlander, or sympathizer is going to hate them with a fiery passion.

Epoch Times is indeed HK which is why you will hear both sides accusing them of disinformation. And it's to some degree true. They are anti CCP but also inextricably tied to them and plenty of HK big money so you will see a "China centric" bias at times.

I'm still trying to decide about Epoch Times newfound foothold in the US and who is pushing that.

Similarly the South China Morning Post can be useful if you understand their bias. Same goes for Taiwanese sources or dissident sources.

China watching is a lot like Economics, it's a dismal science of trying to pull correct info out of a lot of imperfect sources.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Regarding channels ...

China Uncensored is on point *mostly. They suffer from the constraints of being stateside and having their anti CCP bias but that doesn't mean they are wrong. Just shall we say, optimistic at times reading the tea leaves when they venture into opinions. They generally are honest about disclosing that though. Hence, any nationalist, mainlander, or sympathizer is going to hate them with a fiery passion.

Epoch Times is indeed HK which is why you will hear both sides accusing them of disinformation. And it's to some degree true. They are anti CCP but also inextricably tied to them and plenty of HK big money so you will see a "China centric" bias at times.

I'm still trying to decide about Epoch Times newfound foothold in the US and who is pushing that.

Similarly the South China Morning Post can be useful if you understand their bias. Same goes for Taiwanese sources or dissident sources.

China watching is a lot like Economics, it's a dismal science of trying to pull correct info out of a lot of imperfect sources.
    TYFYS.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Other "good" sources.

This guy is relatively new but is doing a good job of aggregating financial news. There are blindspots that come with that (such as believing GDP numbers) but he does a good job overall imo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQE6xGJ1fAc&t=539s

ADV 'nuff said.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIdWcW8lccE&t=11s

China Uncensored optimistic but well researched
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgcDB7CeNg

Dissidents from former CCP controlled media, they obviously HATE the CCP and root for their fall but are often FIRST when reporting about issues coming out of China.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6n4W5scbY8&t=14s

Obviously, there's no shortage of China Daily and their ilk for you to find the CCP's side of things. Equally, most of our own media has been coopted anyways. Bloomberg is probably the worst but I still do watch it to see what the latest spin is.

I have a couple more obscure sources that are basically random dudes with Chinese business dealings, wives, or whatever but it will take me more tim to find those channels in my watch history.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    About the 17:00 mark explains the likely CCP survival strategy happening rn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIcl-Fg2N84

I don't have a fully formed opinion of the reliability of the channel but 100% I agree with that speculation of the CCP's motives.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Haven't watched any of the clips posted, yet, so maybe my question is answered in one. If China goes under/hermit-status, how screwed are we due to our reliance on Chinese manufacturing, them buying US debt, etc? How could they even go under with international economies relying so heavily on them for good and resources?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    laowhy86 and serpentza team up for the advpod, but also have their own channels
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    Founders Club

Haven't watched any of the clips posted, yet, so maybe my question is answered in one. If China goes under/hermit-status, how screwed are we due to our reliance on Chinese manufacturing, them buying US debt, etc? How could they even go under with international economies relying so heavily on them for good and resources?

With China building military bases in the Solomon Islands and in the P.I., I don't see how they would be straying anytime soon from their One Belt One Road initiative.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    They will stop when they run out of money and they are getting there pretty fast. The lockdown of Shanghai makes no medical sense and is economically devastating. The hermit strategy does solve part of that puzzle.

With China building military bases in the Solomon Islands and in the P.I., I don't see how they would be straying anytime soon from their One Belt One Road initiative.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    The USA is certainly using its moral high ground to call this out...right?

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    Standard Supporter
    hardhat said:

The USA is certainly using its moral high ground to call this out...right?

Seems like a shitbird. Now find a white supremacist conservative billionaire.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @UW_Doog_Bot

When you said you expected China to irreparably collapse, I couldn't fathom how that was so. Clearly missing something. Then I came across this theory for a pending collapse (below). Is this what you are seeing? If not, how so?

TIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Y8Gh12ao0