Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sekai Afoa-Asoau, 3* 2022 (JC) DL/EDGE, (Fife/San Mateo JC) (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,084
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like the pick up. Could play either interior defensive line or defensive end depending on what happens with his weight. Shows power and has good straight line speed. Looks like he could be an effective bull rusher. Needs to use his hands more/better if he's going to be effective in the Pac 12.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like the pick up. Could play either interior defensive line or defensive end depending on what happens with his weight. Shows power and has good straight line speed. Looks like he could be an effective bull rusher. Needs to use his hands more/better if he's going to be effective in the Pac 12.

He definitely has good physical potential. We'll see more and more raw athletes like this. It's the best strategy when you can't recruit with the big boys.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He wasn't good enough to win the starting position on his JC team and never even recorded a sack. He's nothing more than a body, especially with only two years to play.

When the best you can say about someone is that they are just a body … it’s a waste of a scholarship

Hope for the best I guess
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter

He wasn't good enough to win the starting position on his JC team and never even recorded a sack. He's nothing more than a body, especially with only two years to play.

Why did USC offer the other day, just to troll UW?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

I doubt he had a committable scholarship offer from them. Maybe a PWO and even that is questionable.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

I doubt he had a committable scholarship offer from them. Maybe a PWO and even that is questionable.
    How can we find this out?

It seems like he'll redshirt and then compete for the 3-tech position at 6'5" 285 lbs or so.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

It seems like he'll redshirt and then compete for the 3-tech position at 6'5" 285 lbs or so.
    There's no way to verify. The kid told Eklund he got a USC offer but there's no way to prove or disprove it. The question you should be asking is, does USC need a 0 star JC DE with 0 career sacks?
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lol at “USC offered him”

Come on guys
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

When the best you can say about someone is that they are just a body … it’s a waste of a scholarship

We are recruiting like our plan A-E guys are gone and are taking whatever is left.

This will be 3rd year in a row with classes like these. Kalen not only has to be Offensive Unicorn, but has to do it with a roster that will be substantially less talented against the top end teams in this conference.

Silver lining is it's the Pac-12 North and Pac-12 were in, and not the Big 10

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

We are recruiting like our plan A-E guys are gone and are taking whatever is left.

This will be 3rd year in a row with classes like these. Kalen not only has to be Offensive Unicorn, but has to do it with a roster that will be substantially less talented against the top end teams in this conference.

The recruiting will make it easier to move on from whenever a new AD comes in with no ties
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

There's no way to verify. The kid told Eklund he got a USC offer but there's no way to prove or disprove it. The question you should be asking is, does USC need a 0 star JC DE with 0 career sacks?
    The recruiting sites can 100% verify these things.

Not suggesting I think Feklund did due diligence, don't twist.
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Whos right? Eklund or USC insiders?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Whos right? Eklund or USC insiders?

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

4 star wideout and a lb from SJB.

:D
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022

haie said:

godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

4 star wideout and a lb from SJB.

:D
    It’s nothing amazing but this class will end up top 25ish. We have been burned by the leveling up shit so really these complaints are FS. If we end up 50th, then complaints are warranted. A lot of times the 25th best class is better than the 15th and it’s semantics. Wake me up when we are getting 5 star guys. The rest is mostly a guessing game.

Saying LIPO is stupid because we are supposed to comment on things, but it’s the same problem as always here. Forget rankings, we need kids that aren’t maxed out and their best football is ahead of them. Not recruiting pussies also helps.

If we that and combine it with good coaching and development, we will win. The effort from the coaches seems to be there (still early). Players and recruits seem to genuinely like them. It means nothing without wins, but it’s not like we aren’t in the mix for some four star guys and three stars with good offer lists.
    My point is that people were saying that because of the AD's shit, UW was going to dip below Oregon State, Wazzu, Cal, etc. Completely disagree with that and now you're seeing the recruiting results to back that up.

The one thing Petersen did really well was tell people to fuck off the first year or two and take his Boise class that cuoglets were laughing at and push everyone's shit in with them by the time 2016 came around. If he would have just conceded to using a modern offense he seriously competes for the conference in 2015, and is a 9+ win team in 2014.

But yeah if they're 50+ then the staff is treading water a bit, but I'm sorry with the OKG slander bullshit + Jimmy acting like he was above recruiting, you do have to make up *some* ground at least for the first year without being able to show results on the field.