Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I know we're piling on the shitty recruiting right now, but this grad transfer from UAB was actually fucking good in 2019 and 2020. Was all conference both those years and had some pretty decent numbers. Was apparently hurt for most of last year.

I'm not opposed to bringing him in for 1 year as a grad transfer.

Edit: 103 tackles, 16 tfl, 9 sacks in 2019, which is the last time he played a full season. Was on at least one pre season AA list going into 2020.

The bitching about recruiting is warranted, but a bit of a stretch for this kid.

My question is why did no one want him with those stats? All I have seen this coaching staff do is bring in G5 talent that no P5 schools were after
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our recruiting is not W O O F, it's just O O F

At least I am past the anger, frustration, what, why stage of grief and at acceptance along with finding it so bad/sad that it's now funny as I wonder when it hits bottom.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    That’s a poor effort by you Roadie … and you have a history of poor efforts

I was so supportive of Sark in Year 5 that I effectively was censored by the Lemon Party trio for calling for Sark to be fired

My defense of Emmert simply came down to the fact that the politics in firing Tyrone after 2007 was very very ugly and bad business for the University President
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

I was so supportive of Sark in Year 5 that I effectively was censored by the Lemon Party trio for calling for Sark to be fired

My defense of Emmert simply came down to the fact that the politics in firing Tyrone after 2007 was very very ugly and bad business for the University President

I don’t but okay. I was on dogman until after signing day in 2013. You were supporting Sark and I remember arguing with you about it in chat. Sometime mid 2013 during the season you did come here.

You’ve been better and haven’t been a cunt that wants to fuck me lately, but your take here is stupid. You need some sizzle eh Teq? I’m glad we didn’t hire Matt Campbell simply because you wanted him. He’s a fucking loser that has never beat Iowa and had one good season.

Give the recruiting time. We aren’t competing with Bama. Utah just won this conference and makes the PAC 12 championship seemingly every year. If we won the conference this year, you are taking such a hard stance that you would be worried about 2025 because our recruiting class isn’t ranked high.

After the horrible takes for years on here (that you will distance yourself from) and the Clemson of the West bullshit, sit back and enjoy having a hopefully competent offense and a defense that actually hits and plays aggressive.
    You forgot to include our academic prowess
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I don’t but okay. I was on dogman until after signing day in 2013. You were supporting Sark and I remember arguing with you about it in chat. Sometime mid 2013 during the season you did come here.

You’ve been better and haven’t been a cunt that wants to fuck me lately, but your take here is stupid. You need some sizzle eh Teq? I’m glad we didn’t hire Matt Campbell simply because you wanted him. He’s a fucking loser that has never beat Iowa and had one good season.

Give the recruiting time. We aren’t competing with Bama. Utah just won this conference and makes the PAC 12 championship seemingly every year. If we won the conference this year, you are taking such a hard stance that you would be worried about 2025 because our recruiting class isn’t ranked high.

After the horrible takes for years on here (that you will distance yourself from) and the Clemson of the West bullshit, sit back and enjoy having a hopefully competent offense and a defense that actually hits and plays aggressive.
    You forgot to include our academic academia prowess

Tequilla said:

There’s some real fucktarded shit in here …

But not wanting Campbell because I was a big believer in him is some messed up shit. The Iowa stuff would be a bit of a red flag but we’re talking about Iowa St … they’ve never been this good ever
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

But not wanting Campbell because I was a big believer in him is some messed up shit. The Iowa stuff would be a bit of a red flag but we’re talking about Iowa St … they’ve never been this good ever
    It’s not because of you. He’s a loser tho snd he proved it last year.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Tequilla said:

I marked this one of tequlla's "Not your best effort(s)" because it sucked and then read a few of his other takes.

Lets just day it does suck and could possibly be his best effort.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Big 12 with a down Texas sucks and he's had one good season there. Leach had the cuouwgs in contention like 4 years in a row so you can stop that dumb ass angle any time now.

Without looking it up I'd guess you're impressed with him because he beat shitty ass tcu a few times.

Bottom line is 7 or 8 million for Campbell when he wants to stay in try hard land anyways is fucktarded.
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Big 12 with a down Texas sucks and he's had one good season there. Leach had the cuouwgs in contention like 4 years in a row so you can stop that dumb ass angle any time now.

Without looking it up I'd guess you're impressed with him because he beat shitty ass tcu a few times.

Bottom line is 7 or 8 million for Campbell when he wants to stay in try hard land anyways is fucktarded.
    The Big12 is more than Texas and has been for a while … continue on with your ignorance
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The Big12 is more than Texas and has been for a while … continue on with your ignorance
    Do you really think Matt Campbell would be killing it in recruiting for UW?

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Killing it? No

But I do think his name recognition would have led to better momentum than what we’ve seen to date on the whole
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

lol no it's not.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Killing it? No

But I do think his name recognition would have led to better momentum than what we’ve seen to date on the whole
    This is silly. Uw would still be limp dicked in going after
    The more talented recruits that are looking at getting paid.

DeBoer is known for developing a passing game and he is still getting killed recruiting qb’s and wr’s vs shittier programs as far as recruiting is concerned. Recruiting right now is more of a reflection of the athletic dept than it is on the coaching staff. Campbell would have similar problems right now as the athletic dept looks on the paying of players with disdain.

DeBoer as a coach running the program is not the problem. He may suck, he may not, but he has a track record of getting results so the hire logically makes sense.