Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Insider Reveals: 'USC Is Dishing Out Some Cash'

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm so sick of hearing that phrase "It's the Wild West right now"
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That article makes me think it's the Wild West right now
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Insider Reveals: “Water is Wet”
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    The 'X school is handing out cash' is all coming from biased people or dumb shits on Twitter trying to get follows.

Or X's rival who is trying to get them hammered
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Might as well establish a salary cap at this point. You’re either paying and winning, or “doing it the right way” and losing. NIL has eliminated the middle ground.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Might as well establish a salary cap at this point. You’re either paying and winning, or “doing it the right way” and losing. NIL has eliminated the middle ground.

Yeah I’m sure the sec teams will abide by that
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2022
    ntxduck said:

Gives me an interesting thought. Why don't pro teams cheat with salary cap?

For example, why doesn't Jerry Jones tell a free agent we will sign you to the max we can under the salary cap then me and/or rich fans are going to secretly kick you more cash to sign with us or we'll create some fake endorsement thing to do it?
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2022

ntxduck said:

For example, why doesn't Jerry Jones tell a free agent we will sign you to the max we can under the salary cap then me and/or rich fans are going to secretly kick you more cash to sign with us or we'll create some fake endorsement thing to do it?
    They do. Look at dirk’s last contracts on the mavericks and his post playing career “job”. It’s just not that common because the penalties are so severe if you get caught—the Twolves did it and lost 5 first round picks

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-joe-smith-illegal-contract-timberwolves
    edited May 2022

ntxduck said:

Because as soon as that player leaves to a different franchise, the cat gets out of the bag. That’s how the Astros got caught with their cheating.

No, the middle ground will still be there. The top schools like Alabama, Ohio Stage, Georgia, etc will all still be great.

I would rather be Oregon or USC with NIL, but it’s so far from a foregone conclusion that they dominate the PAC 12 because they pay more in NIL. I’m not even saying that as a doog. You can’t pop off when Utah smokes you twice.

However, schools without good coaches will still suck, like Texas. They will still lose to Iowa State and Kansas State some years.
    I guess there’s no absolute, but you can’t argue that it doesn’t makes it much more difficult for non NIL established schools to compete,
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

Because as soon as that player leaves to a different franchise, the cat gets out of the bag. That’s how the Astros got caught with their cheating.
    Nevertheless, the Astros kept their World Series Championship.