Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Snippet from today's article in The Athletic

124»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.
    In terms of development and focus on team chemistry and all that, sure.

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
    I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
    Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
    Hogan’s heel turn > Haie’s heel turn
    You’re the man for the wrestling references. They are all from the real glory day is 1996 to about 2000.

Wrestling before that was boring. Wrestling after that is Mickey Mouse bullshit.
    Greatest swerve in history. Haie’s swerve seems forced and unnecessary
    I think the current head coach will be good. AD is shit, Pete was overrated. NIL hate and all that is schtick and uninformed. I don't see where my position changed.

I hate Vorel (moreso the Seattle Times) and the Athletic beat writer and always have.

This bored secretly begs for Sark and exposed Joey's tabs and some coffee cups served up to recruits who never even fucking played here, and some side stories of getting the one off Shaq Thompson types, because it's more entertaining.

But none of those things got us to playoffs and rose bowls in the modern era, let alone conference championships.

Tequilla and Coker think they do though, because they're fluff lords.
    UW got to the playoffs in a different era of college football. Does Budda Baker come to UW now?
    Absolutely he does. We treat every WA 5 star the same in terms of both ability and having their head screwed on straight.
    No he doesn't.
    Is that what sonics is telling you? Jfc
    That's right I don't think for myself. I just ask Sonics what to think. You understand me.
    I understand the axe that this board grinds daily.

A lot of the criticism is fair but a lot of it is just looking at anecdotal bullshit.

I mean, this bored shit themselves because UW supposedly didn't go out and pay an XFL coach 10 mil. You think that guy wanted to recruit? Did they need to hire Campbell for 8 million because he beat a soft oregon team that didn't win their own division?

Does Jenn Cohen need to come out and publicly say they're taking the difference in salary from Deboer and using it to pay recruits under the table?

Do you and godawgst maybe think there's a reason the current staff has to go around fluffing all the local high schools while the NIL arm has to focus on making our current players happy?

JFC the season can't get here soon enough.
    This coming from the guy who has already anointed DeBoer as a "great" hire.
    This board's already annointed him as the next Bellotti until Rutgers comes along and poaches him from UW. No axe to grind there.
    I don't remember Bellotti slugging it out with Alabama A&M for recruits
    We're having players visit from the same handful of top west coast high schools as Petersen did. I don't think those players are visiting Alabama A&M. A lot of the people we're looking at are more from Fresno/Bakersfield area? Who gives a fuck?
    Alabama A&M was obviously sarcasm but it's not that far off if you look at schools we're competing against. It's alarming.

If anybody should be saying "JFC" here, it should be me.
    The JFC was aimed at haie but I botched my response which tried to limit his post to say the season can't get here soon enough.

So instead of editing to my usual "." I thought I'd send a post his way.

My bad.
    My comment was directed at haie not yourself. But thank you
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

In the end DeBoer until proven otherwise is a discounted knock off version of Petersen

I'm okay with this as long as he doesn't walk away after 2 Pac12 championships but failing to win any NY6 games.

But Petersen rolled out a stale shit offense for 6 years, so the comparison ends there and "Teq" conveniently leaves that PowerPoint slide out.

Cohen deserving to be fired while also getting the right coach can both be true.
    I don’t care what you roll out if you have the “success” that Petersen had … DeBoer will do well to sniff that success
    Petersen had 3 good seasons in 6 years and one of those (2017) he underachieved.

And he was burned out before even taking the job. Wouldn't read the room and change his offense.

I'll take a humble coach who lost 3 games in a stint over some coach that was stressing balls because he couldn't live up to his fluff fucking mountain west record.

Fuck off doog.
    You’re the man for the wrestling references. They are all from the real glory day is 1996 to about 2000.

Wrestling before that was boring. Wrestling after that is Mickey Mouse bullshit.
    I think the current head coach will be good. AD is shit, Pete was overrated. NIL hate and all that is schtick and uninformed. I don't see where my position changed.

I hate Vorel (moreso the Seattle Times) and the Athletic beat writer and always have.

This bored secretly begs for Sark and exposed Joey's tabs and some coffee cups served up to recruits who never even fucking played here, and some side stories of getting the one off Shaq Thompson types, because it's more entertaining.

But none of those things got us to playoffs and rose bowls in the modern era, let alone conference championships.

UW got to the playoffs in a different era of college football. Does Budda Baker come to UW now?
    Absolutely he does. We treat every WA 5 star the same in terms of both ability and having their head screwed on straight.
    No he doesn't.
    That's right I don't think for myself. I just ask Sonics what to think. You understand me.

A lot of the criticism is fair but a lot of it is just looking at anecdotal bullshit.

I mean, this bored shit themselves because UW supposedly didn't go out and pay an XFL coach 10 mil. You think that guy wanted to recruit? Did they need to hire Campbell for 8 million because he beat a soft oregon team that didn't win their own division?

Does Jenn Cohen need to come out and publicly say they're taking the difference in salary from Deboer and using it to pay recruits under the table?

Do you and godawgst maybe think there's a reason the current staff has to go around fluffing all the local high schools while the NIL arm has to focus on making our current players happy?

You need to take a long walk for some perspective and follow that up by drinking a healthy dose of reality
    You need to fuck off.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

This board's already annointed him as the next Bellotti until Rutgers comes along and poaches him from UW. No axe to grind there.
    One thing we seem to agree on is DeBoer. I like him, called for him before Lake was even fired, and still have confidence he's not the problem right now. He's hamstrung when it comes to recruiting.
    We're just going around in circles like always.

Our spring ended a few weeks ago and we're starting to get 4* guys on campus
    I know the visit lists have improved but so far UW os 0-fer on highly rated HS recruits since NIL, regardless of whether they visited or how many times. I'll believe that's going to improve when it does.
    I get it. A few commits to SC and Oregon have broken you.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

You need to take a long walk for some perspective and follow that up by drinking a healthy dose of reality
    You need to fuck off.
    You have a lot of anger man … life is good
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

I don't remember Bellotti slugging it out with Alabama A&M for recruits
    How about Central Washington University rejects?

I didn’t even know they had a team
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

You need to take a long walk for some perspective and follow that up by drinking a healthy dose of bleach
    Agreed
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

One thing we seem to agree on is DeBoer. I like him, called for him before Lake was even fired, and still have confidence he's not the problem right now. He's hamstrung when it comes to recruiting.

I know the visit lists have improved but so far UW os 0-fer on highly rated HS recruits since NIL, regardless of whether they visited or how many times. I'll believe that's going to improve when it does.
    Nah. I think I have an objective view of the state of recruiting. Maybe things take a big turn and UW can get back in the game, but they aren't in it right now.

I'm not broken. Things look bad, but there's still a pulse. I'll keep watching until there isn't.
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

Nah. I think I have an objective view of the state of recruiting. Maybe things take a big turn and UW can get back in the game, but they aren't in it right now.

I'm not broken. Things look bad, but there's still a pulse. I'll keep watching until there isn't.
    New site slogan?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Fuck off doog.

No he doesn't.

New site slogan?
    New ?
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck off haters. DeBoner is pulling together a legitimate all-star squad*

*(NCAA Division II)
    Founders Club
    edited November 2022

Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”

This insistence that all student-athletes be treated the same is going to cost us if it doesn't change
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cohen replied, in part: “There’s two issues at Washington that are concerning. One is that people are so breaking the rules with inducement. They’re taking kids away from schools. Until the NCAA starts to enforce it — and I think they will make an example of a couple schools. I think they have to. There’s a lot of pressure to do that. But we’re not going to be in that lane. You don’t want us to be in that lane. But we are in the lane of trying to find every student-athlete at Washington who wants an NIL deal, an NIL deal.”

This insistence that all student-athletes be treated the same is going to cost us if it doesn't change
    Equity shmequity?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree. Opportunities should be available for all athletes, sure. The football players are going to get the best opportunities and any effort on the part of the school to interfere should be a violation in itself.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2022

Jens two year solution to try and find every student athlete at UW who wanted a NIL deal, a NIL deal.

While promoting her alma matter, Oregon and seeking a personal Only Fans by posting several tats and ass pics, Karen VBE was the free cookie recipes given away free on Twitter in lieu of $5 donations from a GoFundMe campaign. at least the left upper campus was happy. Great socialism ad always. Nobody wins, specifically the football team.

That is all
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Jens two year solution to try and find every student athlete at UW who wanted a NIL deal, a NIL deal.

Promoted Oregon and posted multiple
    Pics of tats and ass, reminiscent of seeking an Only Fans deal

If that was enough the free cookie recipes posted on Twitter could have brought in $5 on GoFundMe but like the left upper campus, socialism prevailed and nobody won, specifically the football team.

That is all
    The real Oregon girls were ringing up my hangover drinks at a gas station and telling me how much they hate Cal for breaking Herbert's collarbone.