Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariners Baby!

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2022
    I did add Kirby to my fantasy baseball roster prior to today’s game. I’m not disappointed.
    I honestly don't understand why the Mariners don't just go all in on pitching and defense.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I honestly don't understand why the Mariners don't just go all in on pitching and defense.

I would try and sucker a team to give up a starter for Kelenic. Somebody might believe he will be good. He won’t, but you could sucker a non contender into believing.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am still holding on to Marinoor hope with Haniger and Lewis coming back. Not having Haniger, our only true #3 hitter has been tough. There are still a lot of things to like about this team, but the last few weeks have been frustrating as fuck all.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am still holding on to Marinoor hope with Haniger and Lewis coming back. Not having Haniger, our only true #3 hitter has been tough. There are still a lot of things to like about this team, but the last few weeks have been frustrating as fuck all.

Lewis has been crushing the ball and should be a big upgrade. Julio, Haniger, Lewis, and Winker rotating and having one DH most nights is a good outfield. Since it’s the M’s, Lewis will suck when called up, but he will certainly be an upgrade over Kelenic.

Cut bait early on Kelenic. This is 400+ at bats with a .175 average. There isn’t a player I can remember with that many AB’s with such little success that turned out to be a stud. At minimum, he’s years away from being useful.

Get another starter in case Gonzalez and/or Flexen shits the bed and because of innings restrictions on Kirby and Logan. Kelenic is the guy that can get you a #2-3 starter.

I’m with you in that they could still go on a run, but again, these are the Mariners.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Everyone says the roster this year is an improvement over last year, but last year's team winning 92 games was fool's gold. That was really an 80 win team and this year probably maxes out at 85, tops.

The one hope, as has been pointed out, is that the team is legitimately young and a couple valuable guys are out right now. The schedule for the rest of May is rough and they may find themselves 10 games under .500 by the end of the month.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Everyone says the roster this year is an improvement over last year, but last year's team winning 92 games was fool's gold. That was really an 80 win team and this year probably maxes out at 85, tops.

The one hope, as has been pointed out, is that the team is legitimately young and a couple valuable guys are out right now. The schedule for the rest of May is rough and they may find themselves 10 games under .500 by the end of the month.

Yea I think a lot of people, including myself, are starting to see how big of a fluke last season was... and the Mariners were way further away from the playoffs than just adding a couple players (who haven't done much) to being a playoff contender. I didn't think they were winning the World Series this year, but I did think that they would be competitive night in and night out and not go through these hellish slumps like they have been.

If they can make it through May and be .500 and we have Haniger/Lewis back maybe my optimism will grow a bit more. But when you rely on so many "what if" scenarios it is usually a high indicator you still aren't good.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm joining Roadie on the dark side. Time to see what trading Kelenic might bring. Waiting on him is no longer a luxury they can afford. If he's not knocking on the door of being a legit middle of the order guy (obviously not) then they don't have a use for him. Too many other options and other needs.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,349
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine talking shit about husky football who made a fucking playoff when this fucking team exists.

Never sniffed a WS when the fucking Rays have made it twice. lol
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Imagine talking shit about husky football who made a fucking playoff when this fucking team exists.

Imagine being enough of a doog to try making whatever dumbass point you just tried to make. One has nothing to do with the other. Hth.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Imagine being enough of a doog to try making whatever dumbass point you just tried to make. One has nothing to do with the other. Hth.
    lol. You're making my point for me.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

That you're a prototypical doog?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

You're making it really easy to agree with the board's Quooks when it comes to their friendly disagreements with you.
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

You're making it really easy to agree with the board's Quooks when it comes to their friendly disagreements with you.
    The board quooks only have a couple more controlled buys anyways before the internet they'll have access to will only be for minutes at a time and definitely be blocking this site.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Sincerely,

The guy who likes to pretend the coach that took them to that playoff sucked.
    edited May 2022

Basically every year somebody becomes a Moog and posts a "Mariners baby!" thread. And basically every year we face disappointment by May.

Par for the course. The Mariners are a top 5 team in baseball in April and the first week of May. After that, they're a little better than the Pirates, until the last 3 weeks of the season of course. That's when they go on a run, and give you false hope going into the next season.