Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A dirty, rainy night in Gorst...

2»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I will not accede to the assertion that Gorst is a real place.

It really isn’t. It’s a small stretch between Bremerton and Belfair. I just looked it up and it’s less than a half mile.
    Gorst is home to the Wig Wam. How much more real can it get?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It exists. It’s were @DerekJohnson frequents the local haunts on dark and rainy nights to listen to improvisational noodling jazz and sip absinthe. On week nights in the summer he attends slam poetry events there while sampling rare and hard to get local ciders.
    Your post started strong but then faded badly like a Sarkisian defense in the fourth quarter
    Disagree. I also should have added you wear a beret.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club

It really isn’t. It’s a small stretch between Bremerton and Belfair. I just looked it up and it’s less than a half mile.
    Gorst: The Biggest Little City in the World
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

It has become embedded in the lexicon of my family...last summer, driving through, my wife said, "Even when it is 70 and sunny, it is always a Dirty, Rainy Night in Gorst". Every time I drive through it, I chuckle a little bit, which is how she picked it up...

@puppylove_sugarsteel
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I told the story years ago, either on here or on the old Facebook private group I was on before I left Facebook.

But I went to Toys on literally one dark and rainy night in 2008 while staying in Belfair and working on Dawgs of War. The only other strip club I had been to was in Montreal when I was Best Man at my friend's wedding in 2002. The women there were amazingly beautiful, every ethnicity you can imagine. A+ lovely. Everything was first class, as far as a place like that can go. The most amazing desi girl seated on my lap and smelling of jasmine.

But when I wandered into Toys that one rainy night in 2008... Hardly anyone in there. Everything felt old, outdated and dreary. A couple girls were dancing. Someone, whether the owner or manager, came over to talk to me, and encouraged me to take so-and-so into a private room. She was standing right there and I didn't want her to feel rejected, so I said okay. We went into this small room or booth, and she started writhing and trying to be sexy. But lets just say she wasn't my type and I wasn't the least bit turned on. She was making eye contact with me while dancing, and all I could think was "She's obviously had a rough life. Where's dad?"

Nothing happened, I overtipped her and I left, never to return

Roughly five years later... By now I have Hardcore Husky up and running. Pup is spinning his yarn about the black stripper at Toys and the legendary Quilcene Oyster Pump n Dump, etc. Gave Toys a whole new meaning for me.

Yes I know, cool story bro

Oh my. Only place worse than that would be Miss Kitty's in Spokane. As an 18 year old senior in High school me and my buddies went to Miss Kitty's one Saturday night. It is still one of the grossest nights of my life. The stage was the size of a small bathroom. Maybe 7 foot long by 5 feet wide. Black plastic bags on the floor of the "dance floor". One emaciated very unsexy dancer. Poor gal must have been desperate. It was a wake up moment in life and not a fun guys night out. Maybe that is why I do not have a thing for strip clubs.
    After turning 18, the Deja Vu in SeaTac was great. I probably went 3-4 times until I turned 20.

Fast forward to 2005 at a family wedding and I tell my cousins kid who was 14-15 that his dad took me to my first strip club and if I was living in Seattle, I’d do the same for him.

2007 and I’m back in Seattle. The cousin sees me and says I turn 18 soon, are you still taking me to a strip club?

I end up taking him to the SeaTac Deja Vu and let me tell you, time has not not been kind to that place or the dancers.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I told the story years ago, either on here or on the old Facebook private group I was on before I left Facebook.

But I went to Toys on literally one dark and rainy night in 2008 while staying in Belfair and working on Dawgs of War. The only other strip club I had been to was in Montreal when I was Best Man at my friend's wedding in 2002. The women there were amazingly beautiful, every ethnicity you can imagine. A+ lovely. Everything was first class, as far as a place like that can go. The most amazing desi girl seated on my lap and smelling of jasmine.

But when I wandered into Toys that one rainy night in 2008... Hardly anyone in there. Everything felt old, outdated and dreary. A couple girls were dancing. Someone, whether the owner or manager, came over to talk to me, and encouraged me to take so-and-so into a private room. She was standing right there and I didn't want her to feel rejected, so I said okay. We went into this small room or booth, and she started writhing and trying to be sexy. But lets just say she wasn't my type and I wasn't the least bit turned on. She was making eye contact with me while dancing, and all I could think was "She's obviously had a rough life. Where's dad?"

Nothing happened, I overtipped her and I left, never to return

Roughly five years later... By now I have Hardcore Husky up and running. Pup is spinning his yarn about the black stripper at Toys and the legendary Quilcene Oyster Pump n Dump, etc. Gave Toys a whole new meaning for me.

Yes I know, cool story bro

Oh my. Only place worse than that would be Miss Kitty's in Spokane. As an 18 year old senior in High school me and my buddies went to Miss Kitty's one Saturday night. It is still one of the grossest nights of my life. The stage was the size of a small bathroom. Maybe 7 foot long by 5 feet wide. Black plastic bags on the floor of the "dance floor". One emaciated very unsexy dancer. Poor gal must have been desperate. It was a wake up moment in life and not a fun guys night out. Maybe that is why I do not have a thing for strip clubs.
    After turning 18, the Deja Vu in SeaTac was great. I probably went 3-4 times until I turned 20.

Fast forward to 2005 at a family wedding and I tell my cousins kid who was 14-15 that his dad took me to my first strip club and if I was living in Seattle, I’d do the same for him.

2007 and I’m back in Seattle. The cousin sees me and says I turn 18 soon, are you still taking me to a strip club?

I end up taking him to the SeaTac Deja Vu and let me tell you, time has not not been kind to that place or the dancers.
    Cool.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,388
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should we do a poll of the most-depressing regions/cities in Washington? There's a lot of competition.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gorst is an all timer. I too have been to toys topless at the ripe age of 18, pretty much a rite of passage for anyone who grew up in Kitsap county. A truly depressing place.

In the “places people actually have heard of” category, I think I’d go with Aberdeen. Big yikes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gorst is an all timer. I too have been to toys topless at the ripe age of 18, pretty much a rite of passage for anyone who grew up in Kitsap county. A truly depressing place.

In the “places people actually have heard of” category, I think I’d go with Aberdeen. Big yikes

Ever been to White Swan? Ho Lee shit.
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

The last time I drive through Aberdeen, it really hit me how depressing that place is.
    Pretty much any coastal Washington town would serve as a perfect backdrop for pouring gas all over one’s self and lighting a match.
    I have spent more time gazing at your sig gif than I care to admit
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

The last time I drive through Aberdeen, it really hit me how depressing that place is.
    Pretty much any coastal Washington town would serve as a perfect backdrop for pouring gas all over one’s self and lighting a match.
    I have spent more time gazing at your sig gif than I care to admit
    Some serve their God. Some serve their country. Some serve their family. And some serve those who enjoy women slapping each others’ sweaty asses.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gorst is a census-designated place (CDP) at the head of Sinclair Inlet in Kitsap County, Washington, United States. The population was 592 at the 2010 census.[2] Gorst, located on the shores of Puget Sound, is primarily a town consisting of stores, auto dealerships and espresso stands. A residential area, located west of the water along State Route 3, also exists.

Gorst is named for the Gorst family who settled there in the 1890s. Famous residents of Gorst include Vern C. Gorst, "grandfather" of United Airlines, and Edward S. Curtis and Asahel Curtis, well-known photographers. The town has also been linked to the infamous Tree Octopus Hoax, which began on the internet in 1998.[citation needed]
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Drove through Gorst yesterday and it was a dirty, rainy day. Pointed out the old strip club location to my wifebeard.